Nayagam is a certified career counsellor and the founder of EduJob360.
He started his career as an HR professional and has over 10 years of experience in tutoring and mentoring students from Classes 8 to 12, helping them choose the right stream, course and college/university.
He also counsels students on how to prepare for entrance exams for getting admission into reputed universities /colleges for their graduate/postgraduate courses.
He has guided both fresh graduates and experienced professionals on how to write a resume, how to prepare for job interviews and how to negotiate their salary when joining a new job.
Nayagam has published an eBook, Professional Resume Writing Without Googling.
He has a postgraduate degree in human resources from Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Delhi, a postgraduate diploma in labour law from Madras University, a postgraduate diploma in school counselling from Symbiosis, Pune, and a certification in child psychology from Counsel India.
He has also completed his master’s degree in career counselling from ICCC-Mindler and Counsel, India.
Pradeepta Question by Pradeepta on May 24, 2024Hindi

hii..i am in class X1 with Eng, Math, Comp, Geo, Eco, and Pol Sc as subjects..Which career graph should i pursue after my 12th board exam?

Ans: Pradeepta, first think over, in which subject / field you are more interested. What is your short / long term goal? To try for Govt. Jobs or you prefer working in Private Firms or you want to run your own business. For Govt. jobs, you consider any Arts Group (depending upon which Govt. Jobs you are targeting) or (for example), you can go for PSYCHOLOGY which is a very good option. If you prefer you can even try CHIRST University of Bengaluru, not only for Psychology but also for other Arts / Humanities Streams. Important: Please prepare well for Entrance Exams to get admission into any top Colleges of Arts / Humanities. If you have any other doubts / need clarifications, please ask me here. All the BEST for your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 21, 2024

I have just completed my 12 th and now l don't understand where to proceed which career is best for me. Without going out in lndia.. Thoght of doing graduation and do competition but who knows will l be successful or not.. My financial conditions is not good
Ans: Thank you for reaching out. Managing your career choices can be quite daunting, especially when considering factors like financial constraints and uncertainties about the future. Given your financial constraints, consider the cost of education and living expenses associated with your chosen career path. Explore scholarship opportunities, financial aid programs, or part-time work options to help offset the costs of education and living expenses. If pursuing a traditional college education isn't feasible due to financial constraints, consider vocational training or skill-based programs that offer practical, hands-on training in specific trades or industries. Vocational training programs can provide valuable skills and certifications for in-demand jobs without the need for a traditional degree. Keep in mind that career paths are rarely linear, and it's okay to explore different options and make adjustments along the way. Stay open-minded to new opportunities, be willing to adapt to changing circumstances, and remain resilient in the face of challenges. Remember that finding the right career path takes time, exploration, and self-discovery. Be patient with yourself, stay focused on your goals, and trust that, with determination and perseverance, you'll find a path that's fulfilling and rewarding for you.

Chocko

Chocko Valliappa  |356 Answers  |Ask -

Tech Entrepreneur, Educationist - Answered on Jul 22, 2024

A doctorate from IIT Bombay in Metallurgy and masters from NIT in Manufacturing with 5 years of experience including 2 years in academics and currently working from past 3 years in industry where I work mostly on finite element analyst of forging and bulk extrusion process and New product development as manager heading a team of 5 people. I have working knowledge of 3-4 FE software related to metal forming domain along with ANSYS STRUCTURAL. Despite that I am not getting any interview calls as I am currently looking for a job switch and have put up my profile both on NAUKRI AND LINKEDIN. Some calls are coming to me but that are all irrelevant profiles in which my expertise is not there. I have been trying for the past 6 months but have not got any positive response. Despite such a highly educated person from premier institute and not getting any response is highly depressing. Could you suggest how to apply and where to apply and any other website where I shall make my profile to get a positive response ? Thanks. .................
Ans: You have accomplished academic background and work in a very specialised area. You may have to expand your job search to a broader field of Metalurgy, Product Managment, Operations and not be limited to Finite Element analysis. Think through again and look for companies active in the field of metallury and users and producers of Steel, Metals. You may also look at academics. Use your academic contacts in the two IIT--IIT B and NIT, previous employers and seek their help in connecting you with possible openings. You also need to give yourself more time and be optimistic.

Meri umar 46 sal hai 60ke bad 2lak rs mahine ka inkam chahta hun sip me ktane investment karu
Ans: Planning for Post-Retirement Income
You are 46 years old and want a monthly income of Rs 2 lakh after 60. Let's create a strategy to achieve this goal through SIP investments.

Assessing Your Current Situation
Current Age: 46 years
Retirement Age: 60 years
Target Monthly Income Post-Retirement: Rs 2 lakh
Time Horizon: 14 years
Estimating Required Corpus
To generate a monthly income of Rs 2 lakh, you need a substantial retirement corpus. Let's estimate the corpus required using a safe withdrawal rate of 4%.

Annual Income Required: Rs 2 lakh x 12 = Rs 24 lakh
Corpus Needed: Rs 24 lakh / 4% = Rs 6 crore
SIP Investment Strategy
To accumulate Rs 6 crore in 14 years, consistent SIP investments are crucial. Let's determine the monthly SIP amount needed.

Calculate Monthly SIP Amount
The calculation involves assumptions about expected returns. Assume an annual return of 12% from equity mutual funds.

Using an online SIP calculator:

Corpus Required: Rs 6 crore
Time Horizon: 14 years
Expected Annual Return: 12%
The estimated monthly SIP amount needed is around Rs 1 lakh.

Recommendations for SIP Investments
Diversify Your Portfolio
Equity Funds: Focus on diversified equity funds for higher growth.
Balanced Funds: Include balanced funds for stability and moderate returns.
Debt Funds: Allocate a portion to debt funds for lower risk.
Regularly Review and Adjust
Monitor Performance: Regularly review your portfolio's performance.
Adjust Allocations: Adjust allocations based on market conditions and goals.
Gradually Increase SIP Amount
Step-Up SIP: Increase your SIP amount annually to boost corpus growth.
Bonus or Increment: Use bonuses or salary increments to increase investments.
To achieve a post-retirement income of Rs 2 lakh per month, you need to accumulate around Rs 6 crore.

Start with a monthly SIP of around Rs 1 lakh.
Diversify your investments across equity, balanced, and debt funds.
Regularly review and adjust your portfolio.
Gradually increase your SIP amount over time.
By following this strategy, you can achieve your retirement income goal. Consult a Certified Financial Planner to tailor the plan to your specific needs and circumstances.

Hi My per annum package is around Rs. 21 lacs. I have a home loan EMI of Rs. Rs. 2.28 lacs. I have investment of Rs. 3.6 lacs in various insurance schems. Apart from that I have some investment of Rs. 200000 in MF. Please guide me how much investment I need to do for tax savings ?
Ans: Income and Existing Investments
Annual Package: Rs 21 lakhs
Home Loan EMI: Rs 2.28 lakhs per annum
Insurance Investments: Rs 3.6 lakhs
Mutual Fund Investments: Rs 2 lakhs
Tax Saving Investments Under Section 80C
To maximize tax savings under Section 80C, you can invest up to Rs 1.5 lakhs per annum. Here’s a breakdown:

Existing Eligible Investments
Home Loan Principal Repayment: Part of your home loan EMI goes towards principal repayment, which qualifies under Section 80C.
Insurance Premiums: The Rs 3.6 lakhs in insurance schemes might include premium payments that are eligible under Section 80C.
Additional Investments Required
Calculate Existing Deductions: First, identify the portion of your EMI and insurance premiums that qualify for Section 80C. Let's assume your home loan principal repayment is Rs 1 lakh per annum and the insurance premiums are Rs 50,000 per annum.
Investment Suggestions for Additional Tax Savings
To fully utilize the Rs 1.5 lakhs limit, you need to invest an additional Rs 50,000.

Equity-Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS)
Benefits: ELSS funds offer tax savings and have the potential for high returns.
Lock-in Period: They come with a 3-year lock-in period, the shortest among all tax-saving options under Section 80C.
Benefits: PPF offers tax-free returns and is a safe investment option.
Lock-in Period: 15-year lock-in, but partial withdrawals are allowed after the 7th year.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
Benefits: If you have a daughter, SSY is a good option with attractive interest rates and tax benefits.
Lock-in Period: Till the daughter turns 21 or gets married after the age of 18.
National Savings Certificate (NSC)
Benefits: NSC is a safe investment option with a fixed interest rate.
Lock-in Period: 5 years.
Voluntary Provident Fund (VPF)
Benefits: You can contribute more than your mandatory EPF contribution.
Returns: Similar to EPF returns and safe.
Other Tax-Saving Sections
Section 80D - Health Insurance Premium
Benefits: Deduction up to Rs 25,000 for self, spouse, and children. Additional Rs 25,000 for parents under 60 and Rs 50,000 if they are over 60.
Section 80E - Education Loan Interest
Benefits: Deduction on interest paid on education loans for higher studies.
Section 24 - Home Loan Interest
Benefits: Deduction up to Rs 2 lakhs on interest paid on home loan.
Review and Reallocate Existing Investments
Insurance Policies
Evaluation: Assess if your insurance policies are purely for investment or provide adequate life cover.
Reallocation: Consider surrendering or reducing investment-cum-insurance policies and reallocating to mutual funds.
Focus on Growth: Since your goal is wealth creation, consider allocating more to equity funds for higher growth potential.
Maximize Section 80C: Utilize the full Rs 1.5 lakh limit under Section 80C with a mix of ELSS, PPF, and SSY.
Diversify: Ensure your portfolio is diversified across different asset classes for balanced growth and risk management.
Regular Monitoring: Periodically review and adjust your investments to stay aligned with your financial goals.
Certified Financial Planner: Consider consulting a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice and strategy.

I have invested 10L in Mutual Fund through Lumpsum mode. The 4 schemes which I have invested in are PPFAS FLEXI CAP REG-G (2.5L), ICICI PRU equity & Debt-G (2.2L), ICICI PRU Large & Mid Cap-G (2.2L), SBI long term Equity Reg-G (2L), SBI contra -G (1.10L). Investment objective is long term wealth creation and time frame is 15 years. Kindly Suggest if choice of funds is good and what could be potential return.
Ans: Let's review your mutual fund choices and assess their suitability for your long-term wealth creation goal.

Current Investment Overview
Total Investment: Rs 10 lakhs
Investment Mode: Lumpsum
Time Frame: 15 years
Fund Allocation
PPFAS Flexi Cap Reg-G: Rs 2.5 lakhs
ICICI Pru Equity & Debt-G: Rs 2.2 lakhs
ICICI Pru Large & Mid Cap-G: Rs 2.2 lakhs
SBI Long Term Equity Reg-G: Rs 2 lakhs
SBI Contra-G: Rs 1.1 lakhs
Evaluation of Fund Choices
PPFAS Flexi Cap Reg-G
Flexibility: Invests across market capitalizations and sectors.
Potential: Good for capturing diverse market opportunities.
Long-Term Suitability: Suitable for long-term wealth creation.
ICICI Pru Equity & Debt-G
Balanced Approach: Mix of equity and debt.
Stability: Provides a cushion against market volatility.
Long-Term Suitability: Suitable for balancing risk and returns.
ICICI Pru Large & Mid Cap-G
Growth Potential: Invests in large and mid-cap companies.
Risk-Return Balance: Good for capturing growth in established and growing companies.
Long-Term Suitability: Suitable for long-term capital appreciation.
SBI Long Term Equity Reg-G
ELSS Fund: Offers tax benefits under Section 80C.
Equity Focus: High equity exposure for potential high returns.
Long-Term Suitability: Suitable for long-term wealth creation with tax benefits.
SBI Contra-G
Contrarian Strategy: Invests in undervalued stocks.
Potential: Can yield high returns if the strategy pays off.
Long-Term Suitability: Suitable for long-term investors willing to take higher risks.
Potential Returns
Assuming an average conservative annual return of 10-12% for a diversified portfolio, your potential return over 15 years could be significant. However, mutual funds are subject to market risks, and actual returns may vary.

Recommendations
Diversification: Your portfolio is well-diversified across different fund types and strategies, which is good for risk management.

Fund Performance Review: Regularly review the performance of your funds. Consider reallocating if any fund consistently underperforms its benchmark.

Stay Invested: For long-term wealth creation, stay invested for the entire 15-year period to benefit from compounding.

Avoid Index Funds: Actively managed funds like yours can potentially offer better returns than index funds.

Additional Considerations
Regular Monitoring: Keep an eye on your portfolio and the market trends.
Certified Financial Planner: Consult a Certified Financial Planner for personalized advice and adjustments.
Balanced Portfolio: Your fund choices provide a good mix of growth, stability, and potential tax benefits.
Long-Term Focus: Stay focused on your long-term goal and avoid frequent changes based on short-term market fluctuations.
Potential for Growth: With disciplined investing and regular monitoring, your portfolio has the potential to achieve significant growth over 15 years.