Khevna

Khevna Shah  |16 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Feb 06, 2023

Khevna Shah is the head of human resources at Coverfox Insurance. She has 14 years of experience in human resources across industries like manufacturing, banking & financial services and insurance. Her expertise includes talent acquisition, retention, employee engagement and developing a performance focussed culture.

Hello Khevna, What is the difference between Corporate HR And Industrial HR?

Ans: The fundamental difference is the nature of workforce - corporate HR is about white collared workers / employees and industrial HR is about blue collared workers / employees. The qualifications required to work on either aspects are largely the same.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on May 29, 2023

Which one is better MBA HRM or PGDMA HRM for future purpose?
Ans: Hi Swapan,

Both the Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Human Resource Management (HRM) and the Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) in HRM can provide valuable skills and knowledge for a career in human resource management. The choice between the two largely depends on individual preferences, career goals, and the specific offerings of the programs.

MBA HRM programs are typically offered by universities and are known for their comprehensive curriculum that covers various aspects of business management, including HRM. These programs often provide a broader understanding of business principles and practices beyond HRM, which can be beneficial if you have aspirations to take on broader leadership roles within organizations. An MBA degree also carries a certain level of prestige and recognition.

On the other hand, PGDM HRM programs are typically offered by autonomous institutions and are known for their industry-oriented curriculum. These programs often focus specifically on HRM and provide practical knowledge and skills required for HR professionals. PGDM programs may offer more specialized and updated content, as they have the flexibility to adapt their curriculum to meet the evolving needs of the industry.

When making a choice between an MBA HRM and a PGDM HRM, consider the following factors:

Curriculum: Evaluate the course structure, subjects covered, and the depth of HRM specialization in each program. Determine which program aligns better with your career goals and interests.

Institution reputation: Research the reputation and accreditation of the universities or institutions offering the programs. Consider factors like faculty expertise, industry connections, and alumni network, as these can play a role in your future opportunities.

Career goals: Consider your long-term career aspirations. If you envision a more diverse managerial role encompassing various business functions, an MBA HRM may be suitable. If you prefer a focused career solely in HRM, a PGDM HRM may provide the necessary depth and specialization.

Networking opportunities: Look into the networking opportunities provided by each program. Networking with professionals, alumni, and industry experts can greatly benefit your career advancement.

Ultimately, both an MBA HRM and a PGDM HRM can offer valuable skills and knowledge for a future in HRM. It's important to carefully assess your personal goals, preferences, and the specific offerings of each program to make an informed decision that aligns with your career aspirations.

Regards,
Abhishek Shah