HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Jun 01, 2023

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.
Jpk Question by Jpk on May 14, 2023Hindi

Hello sir, my age is 43 & I am a b.com graduate, currently working in an mnc since last 8 years in clerical profile with around 50000 in-hand salary, total experience 13 years in same profile. I am searching for new job since last 1-2 years but not getting it in similar profile as companies are preferring persons with less salary/experience for this work. Please advise shall I try for data analysis/PMO profile in IT sector by doing some courses & if it's possible/advisable at my age with non technical degree & non relevant experience. Is there any other field you can advise where I can get similar salary. Thanks for your help in advance.

Ans: Dear JPK.
At the age of 43 and being a graduate with an in hand salary of Rs 50K is Ok as this company seems to be a good company. You must try to improve on your skills and stick to the same company.
You may look for other companies but sticking to the same company is always a better option.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on May 18, 2023

Hello Abhishek, my age is 43 & I am a b.com graduate, currently working in an mnc since last 8 years in back office document management profile with around 50000 in-hand salary. I have total experience of 11 years in same profile. I am searching for new job since last 1-2 years but not getting it in similar profile as companies are preferring persons with less salary/experience for this work. Please advise shall I try for data analysis/PMO profile in IT sector by doing some courses & if it's possible/advisable at my age with non technical degree & non relevant experience. Is there any other field you can advise where I can get similar salary. Thanks for your help in advance. Wish to be Anonymous.
Ans: Hi there,

Based on your current situation, it is understandable that you are exploring new career opportunities. Transitioning to a data analysis or PMO (Project Management Office) profile in the IT sector is indeed a viable option. While it may require you to acquire some additional skills through relevant courses, it is possible to make a successful career switch at your age and with a non-technical degree.

To enhance your chances of securing a job in these fields, consider the following steps:

Research and assess the demand: Investigate the job market to determine the demand for data analysts and PMO professionals in your region. This will help you gauge the opportunities available and make an informed decision.

Identify required skills: Look for the key skills and qualifications sought by employers in these fields. This will give you a clear understanding of the specific knowledge and expertise you need to acquire.

Skill development: Enroll in courses or training programs that specialize in data analysis or project management. These courses will equip you with the necessary technical skills and knowledge required for these roles.

Showcase transferable skills: Highlight your transferable skills from your previous experience, such as attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, organizational skills, and proficiency in data management. These skills can be valuable in data analysis and PMO roles.

Networking: Build a professional network in the IT industry. Attend industry events, join relevant online communities, and connect with professionals already working in the desired roles. Networking can help you discover job opportunities and gain insights into the industry.

Regarding the salary aspect, it's important to note that a transition to a different field might come with initial adjustments in salary. However, with the right skills and experience, you can work your way up to a similar salary level as your current role or even higher.

Remember, age should not be a deterrent in pursuing a new career path. Many individuals successfully transition into new roles and industries at various stages of their lives. Stay motivated, be open to learning, and leverage your existing strengths to make a successful switch. Good luck!

Regards,
Abhishek

Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.