Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on May 14, 2023

Mayank Rautela is the group chief human resources officer at Care Hospitals.
Ashish Question by Ashish on Apr 29, 2023Hindi

Hello Sir, I am 41 years of age and into Social sector and have a NGO, undertaking various projects mainly with Government grants. Can you suggest some PG course or any other management course from REPUTED INSTITUTE in the field aligned to CSR / Social management / Govt related/ for 41 year old - ONLINE or OFFLINE, which can help me shift to a Good job now at senior level in any Private firm - national or international in Social Field. thanks

Ans: There are several good colleges, you will need to search as per your location and cource preference

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Mar 15, 2024

I am a Post graduate in Marketing Mgmnt with a Civil Engg degree. I am 50 yrs old and I am working in Ports and Marine field currently. Kindy suggest if any further courses like Financial management or Port & Terminal Management would help in my career advancement and also good instiutes for taking up the courses online..
Ans: Certainly! Considering your background in Civil Engineering, your current work in the Ports and Marine field, and your interest in career advancement, let’s explore some relevant courses and potential institutes:

Maritime and Shipping Courses:
Scope: The maritime industry plays a crucial role in international trade and commerce. Almost 90% of global trade is conducted through sea routes, emphasizing the need for professionals in this field.
Courses:
Diploma in Marine Engineering: A 3-year program that covers marine fundamentals and practical aspects.
Diploma in Logistics and Shipping: A 1-year course focusing on logistics and shipping operations.
Diploma in Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering: A 3-year program related to ship design and offshore structures.
Diploma in Nautical Science: A 1-year course covering navigation and seamanship.
B.Sc. in Ship Building and Repair: A 3-year undergraduate program.
B.Sc. in Maritime Science: A 3-year degree emphasizing maritime operations.
B.Tech/B.E. in Marine Engineering: A 4-year engineering program specific to marine systems.
M.Tech in Marine Engineering: A 2-year master’s program with advanced marine studies.
M.Sc in Shipping Trade and Finance: A 1-year master’s program focusing on shipping business and finance 1.
Management Courses:
MBA in Shipping and Logistics: A 2-year master’s program that combines business management with shipping expertise.
MBA in International Transportation & Logistics Management: A 2-year program covering global logistics and transportation.
MBA in Port and Shipping Management: A 2-year course specifically focused on port operations and management.
Online Institutes and Platforms:
Coursera: Offers various online courses related to marine topics. You can explore their offerings and find courses that align with your interests.
Abu Dhabi Maritime Academy: Known for superior maritime training and career development opportunities.
Considerations:
Interest: Choose a course that aligns with your interests and career goals.
Global vs. Local: Decide whether you want to focus on international opportunities or the Indian maritime sector.
Financial Aspects: Consider the cost of courses and potential return on investment.
Remember that continuous learning and upskilling are essential for career growth. Evaluate your preferences, explore course details, and choose wisely. Best of luck with your career advancement!

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Apr 17, 2024

Sir i want ur guidance. I don't know what i do i done post graduate sociology and pg diploma in women and child development still i am unemployed can u guide me for my career
Ans: What is the Scope of an MA in Sociology?
Job Opportunities After MA in Sociology

Experts define sociology as the branch of behavioral science that deals with social groups, their internal forms or modes of organisation, the processes that tend to maintain or change these forms of organisation and relations between groups. Here are some of the benefits of studying sociology; check out:

Sociology gives you a new perspective to understand all social relationships maturely and comprehensively.
You can make positive changes in your interpersonal as well as professional relationships by studying sociology.
Sociology has a wide range of topics from which you can choose your career pathway.
Sociology enhances your social skills by teaching you tools and techniques to deal with real-life interactions and experiences with various social groups.
It helps you solve your social problems, if any, in a constructive and result-oriented way.
It gives you insights into international issues and human behaviour patterns.
Suppose you want to make career in pyschology; taking different undergraduate and post-graduate courses will open doors to quality work opportunities. Bachelor’s or master’s in sociology are believed to be the most popular courses. The courses’ curriculum acquaints you with the fundamentals of human behaviour and gives a deep insight into human social relationships and institutions. Below, we have discussed the scope and job opportunities after MA in sociology.

What is the Scope of an MA in Sociology?
MA in sociology is a post-graduate course that equips aspirants with the skills required to work as contemporary sociologists, and understand complex human behavior patterns. An MA in sociology aims to provide students a deep insight into various facets of society, human behavior, and different institutions prevalent in the business environment. In the next section of the article, we will explore the scope of an MA in sociology in detail.

Sociology delves deeper into the diverse interactions between society and individuals. The scope of sociology also covers the fundamental sociology of market research, visual studies, diaspora studies, etc. It also includes a wide variety of sociological methods used to study the social life of humankind.

The scope of MA in sociology also includes studying social processes, social institutes, and social groups. After doing an MA in sociology, you can choose any of the aforementioned subjects for specialization.

Furthermore, there are ample career options in sociology . Many fields, including research, education, criminology, healthcare, and child development, offer lucrative jobs with competitive pay package after MA sociology. Let us walk you through careers opportunities after pursuing MA in sociology.

Job Opportunities After MA in Sociology
Here are some of the job opportunities that you can take after completing MA in sociology:

Sociology Professor
As a Sociology Professor, you can shape minds, conduct research, and contribute to academic discourse. Universities and colleges often seek individuals with advanced degrees to teach sociology courses.

Life Coach
Leveraging your sociological insights, you can pursue a career as a Life Coach, guiding individuals through personal and professional challenges, fostering personal development, and enhancing well-being.

Sociologist
Engage in sociological research and analysis, contributing to a deeper understanding of societal structures, behaviors, and trends. Sociologists often work in research institutions, think tanks, or government agencies.

Probation Officer
Apply sociological perspectives in the criminal justice system, working as a Probation Officer. Help individuals reintegrate into society, assess rehabilitation needs, and monitor probationary conditions.

Social Worker
Make a direct impact on communities by becoming a Social Worker. Address societal issues, advocate for vulnerable populations, and provide support services to those in need.

HR Coordinator
With an understanding of human behavior and organizational dynamics, work as an HR Coordinator. Apply sociological insights to foster a positive workplace culture, handle employee relations, and contribute to organizational development.

Community Health Worker
Contribute to public health initiatives by working as a Community Health Worker. Use sociological perspectives to address health disparities, engage communities, and implement preventive health measures.

Marketing Research Executive
Bridge sociology and business by becoming a Marketing Research Executive. Conduct consumer behavior studies, analyze market trends, and provide valuable insights to guide marketing strategies.

Public Relations Specialist
Utilize your sociological background in communications as a Public Relations Specialist. Shape public perception, manage organizational image, and navigate societal dynamics in the realm of public relations.

Government Jobs After MA in Sociology
Explore diverse opportunities in government sectors, such as civil services, research roles, or policy analysis. Sociological expertise is valuable in shaping public policies, addressing social issues, and contributing to governance.

Teaching and Education
After your MA in sociology, you can appear for National Eligibility Test (NET) or State-level Eligibility Test (SET) and join a college or university as an Assistant Professor or Associate Professor. Alternatively, you can pursue a PhD or M.Phil to teach sociology in universities. This way, you can begin your career in primary and secondary education and child development.

Administrative Services
Indian administrative services (IAS), Indian police service (IPS), and Indian forest service (IFS) are some of the best job opportunities after MA sociology. Passion and dedication must be your driving force while opting for administrative services like IAS or IPS. Moreover, you must qualify for the Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT) held by Union Public Service Commission to begin your career in the field.

Otherwise, you can take examinations held by the State Public Service Commission after completing your graduation. You can apply for job titles like Assistant Commissioner, Sub-Divisional Magistrate, District Public Relations Officer, and more after completing the MA in sociology course.

Therapy and Counselling
You can develop a career in therapy and counselling with an MA in sociology. Those with a post-graduate or undergraduate degree in sociology can become successful counsellors and behaviour therapists in fields like education, healthcare, governance, or community services.

Suppose, you want to make a career as a therapist or counsellor, then empathy, patience, analytical skills, critical thinking ability, and interpersonal communication are the qualities you require.

Research
It is believed that some interesting jobs after MA in sociology are in research, and you can carve a lucrative career with the highest job satisfaction. After completing MA in sociology or similar courses, you can apply for the role of a Junior or Senior Research Fellow, Research Assistant, or Senior Research Officer across different industries.

Family, and Child Development and Welfare
Excellent jobs come your way after an MA in Sociology in family and child development and welfare. The opportunities include a Probation Officer in the District Child Protection Society, a Marriage Counsellor, a Therapist or a Counsellor in a rehabilitation centre, a family or child development officer, and so on.

A few more job roles that one can undertake after completing MA in sociology are:

Gerontologists in the healthcare sector
Social workers in NGOs and charities
Community development workers in human welfare
Sociology professors or tutors
Life coaches, motivators, or consultants
Social influencers
Social scientists

I purchased an NSC in 2018 and paid tax every year for the interest on accrual basis. But it seems from last year, post offices are providing data to AIS on receipt basis, that is, whole amount of interest on maturity. What happens to the money I paid as taxes in previous years on the same basis? How do I adjust them? Please help as many people I now face this issue.
Ans: You're right! The tax treatment of NSC interest can be confusing. Here's what you need to know:

Good news: The taxes you've paid on the accrued interest in previous years are valid. You don't need to adjust them.

Why?

The Income Tax department in India treats interest earned on NSCs on an accrual basis, even though the interest is paid out at maturity. This means you were correct to pay taxes on the accrued interest every year.

What about the data mismatch with AIS?

The post office might now be reporting the entire interest on maturity to the Annual Information Statement (AIS). This can create a discrepancy.

How to handle it?

• You don't need to file any corrections for previous years.
• When filing your current year's return, consider the following:

1. If you consistently claimed the accrued interest as income in previous years, only report the interest for the final year (maturity year) in your current return. This avoids double taxation.
2. You can file feedback in the AIS portal mentioning that the interest for the previous years was already offered for tax purposes. This helps in clarifying the situation.

Additional tips:

• It's advisable to maintain records of your previous tax returns where you declared the accrued interest.
• If you have any concerns, consult a tax advisor for personalized guidance specific to your situation.

This is a common issue faced by many NSC holders. By following these steps, you can ensure your tax filing remains accurate.

Sir, We've observed that you tend to recommend institutions like VIT, which have a non-transparent category system (where you 'buy' your way up over other deserving students) over Manipal CSE at both the main campus and the Bangalore campus. You also seem to favor institutions such as RV (I am from RV and a Bangalorean for over 40 years) and BMS, which are no doubt good , but ranked lower than Main Manipal in their placements. Is there a particular reason for this bias against Manipal in your recommendations? Manipal Sikkim, we can understand. Please note, I do not have any family connections to Manipal nor We have anyone studying there. We are exploring fallback options including Manipal for our son in case he doesn't get his desired branch at BITS Pilani or NITs. If a reason as to why 'No Manipal' it'll be helpful for all. Thank you for your guidance.
Ans: Thanks for your feedback. Regarding Manipal, it is one of the top-ranked universities with good placements. I had clearly mentioned it is not suitable, only for SOME (not all) students due to some reasons and the feedback I got some from Manipal students on 'Non-Academic / Psychological' Factors. Psychological factors also play an important role for careers. There are students who are academically strong, but psychologically might be average or below. Regarding VIT, most of the parents'/candidates' questions do not specifically refer about the Category they got. If they clearly mention about the category, I reply accordingly that, to go for VIT only if they can afford the fees. I hope I have clarified your clarified your doubt. Thanks once again for your feedback and for reading my answers. All the BEST for Your Son's Bright Future.

Hello sir.. my son secured 96.07pecentile in JEE mains with a rank around 60k.. basis this he applied and now has a few offers from pvt colleges.. Just to add he has basic knowledge about AI/Python from his school, while he has also registered himself for IITM BS degree online course (this course he plans to keep doing with regular engg). I will be grateful for your guidance on below four pointers... 1. Will it be too much stress to carry on with the online (NPTEL) BS-degree course of IITM with regular full-time BTech? 2. He is getting Elec n Instru at Nirma in round 1.. how would you prefer this EIE branch, from future perspective or is too low placed compared to ECE at same univ. And also critical cons about Nirma UG courses! 3. He has offer for CSE (in round 1) from - JKLU, Jaipur; KJ Somaiya (KJSCE); Symbiosis (SIT); Mahindra Ecole. 4. Thapar, Patiala has offered Robotics in round-1, while we are awaiting results from Jaypee, Sastra and YMCA, Faridabad Please help decide for the best college considering ROI (I mean 25L at some colleges where CSE batch is 1400+) and his future career path. A faster response will help us decide soon, since I have blocked too much money also for the admission offers, which might become a tedious task at refund time! Thanks! Amit
Ans: Amit Sir, Please note (1) Regarding his online Course with NPTEL-IITM, it depends upon how he manages / utilizes his time after joining his BTech. If he manages his time well for both, he can. (2) Better to prefer ECE over E & I (3) Order of Preference: Sastra (Tanjore) | Jaypee | Symbiosis (Hope, out of these 3, you can finalize one) (4) ROI: Rate of Return depends only only upon the College your joins Sir, but also your son's self-motivation, dedication, his academic performance with co-curricular activities in College, Upgrading his skills in 4-years, having professional Linkedin Pofile & his preparation for Campus Interview. Sir, I hope I have clarified all your doubts. Any further clarification, you can raise here. All The Best for Your Son's Bright Future. To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad)’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.

Nayagam PP |
EduJob360 |
CERTIFIED Career Coach
https://www.linkedin.com/in/edujob360/

Hi Anu, I'm married since 5 years now and having loving In-Laws who are financially very well to do. My husband and I earn very less as compared to my in-laws, with whom we stay. My husband is 37 years old and earns 47000 INR a month, out of which he saves 35000 INR (in-laws have told him not to spend on house expense, but instead save). The rest 12000 INR he has for himself. I am also working and all my earning is with me. The problem is that he usually ends up spending almost all of the 12K. This angers me as I feel he should focus on saving as much as possible from that. We have an understanding among us that the expense for enjoyment will be borne by me as his major chunk is being saved for "Our" future. Am I wrong to be upset with his spending?
Are you wrong to be upset?
NO and YES...
NO; as you feel wronged that you are the one spending on enjoyment, so where does he spend 12K?
YES; as you have not conveyed it to him or the two of you have not spoken about it earlier. Have you discussed that he must save the 12K?
So, the key to any solid marriage is COMMUNICATION...Communicating your needs, wants, desires, values and aligning them to make the marriage work looking at the larger picture.

Simply have a frank conversation. For all you know, he may just understand where you are coming from; BUT if he wants to spend SOME OF his hard earned money on himself his way, kindly let it be. It's the pride of a man to be able to earn and spend without asking for anyone's permission. Do respect that...

Hi mam, My parents are very strict ones I tried to talk to them from last aug to November or December my father stoped talking to me and abused me with abusive words and my mother did not say anything she was in support to my parents, then I stopped some while , now parents are behaving normally like nothing happened and mother was asking is I forget about him i said no again and now I want to talk again about this issue but I don't how to start again I feel hesitation and i started panicking I feel so sad all the time I don't know what to do please help me . I love my parents and my partner very much , my partners parents were ready for us but now they are saying tell her to do talk to her parents fastly and ask if they are ready or not we will not wait for her , they are forcing him to marry someone else I'm so stressed all the time.
If you are an adult and my that I mean at an age where you can legally be married, then what is the confusion?
Also, is your partner is someone who values you and is also in a good financial position? (I say this only because many girls become blind in love without realizing that his income is the one that will support the family when you are ready to have a baby wherein there will be a small break in your career or you will have the flexibility to take a break).

What is the reason for your parents to say NO to this boy? I suggest that you address that concern otherwise no amount of talking is going to convince them. Request your partner to speak with his family so that can give you sometime to talk to your parents and sort things first. You are stressed all the time because instead of finding ways to solve the problem, you have been sitting with the problem and worrying about it.

Talk to your parents first, understand why don't like your partner and what must happen for them to start liking him. See where this talk leads you to...