Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 18, 2024

Shekhar Kumar is an HR, talent, and client acquisition leader at Star Engicon Private Limited (SEPL). He has 18 years of expertise in the search and placement of executive leadership talent across various industries.
He has also mentored middle and senior management professionals for leadership positions and guided them in career development.
Harshit Question by Harshit on Mar 03, 2024Hindi

Hello sir my son is 12 pcm pass out cbse board. But he scored only 68 percent. He want to prepration of upsc. So what idia do you suggest?

Ans: Thank you for getting in touch with me on Rediff Gurus. If your son is interested in pursuing a career in the civil services and preparing for the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) exams despite scoring 68 percent in his 12th grade PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) from CBSE, then he should start building a strong foundation in core subjects and gradually expanding his knowledge of current affairs, history, geography, polity, economy, and other relevant topics to clear exam. It is a long-term process that requires consistent effort and dedication hence, encourage your son to start preparing early by familiarizing himself with the UPSC exam pattern, syllabus, and previous years' question papers.

Consider enrolling your son in reputable coaching institutes as well that offer specialized UPSC exam preparation programs. These institutes provide structured guidance, study materials, mock tests, and expert faculty to help candidates prepare effectively for the UPSC exams. UPSC exam preparation requires staying informed about current affairs, national and international events, government policies, and socio-economic developments therefore, motivate him to read newspapers, magazines, and online sources regularly to stay updated and develop a comprehensive understanding of contemporary issues.

UPSC exam preparation can be challenging and stressful. As a parent, provide emotional support, encouragement, and motivation to help your son stay focused and resilient during the preparation process. By following these suggestions and maintaining a disciplined approach to UPSC exam preparation, your son can increase his chances of success in the competitive civil services exams. Encourage him to stay committed to his goals, persevere through challenges, and pursue his dreams with determination and enthusiasm. Best of luck! Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further assistance or help.

Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.