Study Abroad Expert - Answered on May 15, 2024

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more
Geethanjali Question by Geethanjali on May 13, 2024Hindi

Dear Rediff Guru!! I"m a 63 year old widow, who ventured into teaching 16 yrs ago. About 10 years previous to that, I worked 10 yrs in a non- banking finance coy as clerk and/ or cashier. I resigned that job since I had to singularily concentrate on my son"s studies. I"m still teaching. This job is on contract basis. Now my son is grown - up and independent, my elder brother, who is settled in US, is advicing me to make a move to US. The way he suggests is pursuing a Phd in any University there whereby one gets a stipend which would assist for a living and eventually getting a job and settling there in. Would I be able to do that? There are formalities here ofcourse,,,. I"m a postgraduate in German Language & Literature, Sir. I recently heard from a believable sourse that in US people get jobs in looking after Old People in Assisted Living Facilities. I would like to get an advice. Thanking You, Geethanjali Unnikrishnan, Trivandrum, Kerala, INDIA

Ans: Hello Geethanjali,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am glad to hear that you have completed your postgraduate degree in German and Literature and are currently teaching and now wish to move to the USA. As an answer to your query, I would like to tell you that your application remains valid until the visa officer grants you permission to enter the United States. The first requirement is for the university to accept PHD work.

For more information, you can visit our website: www.edwiseinternational.com

You can also follow us on our Instagram page: edwiseint

Dr Nagarajan J S K

Dr Nagarajan J S K   |47 Answers  |Ask -

Health Science and Pharmaceutical Careers Expert - Answered on Jul 20, 2024

Dr Nagarajan J S K

What is better to choose between vet or bpharm (I am a gen category student).According to my research I came to know that in today's market the bpharm graduates are not even considered as reputated pharmacists,after the degree too they get placements of 12k-15k per month only and growth even after a master's is not much. Whereas in vet gov vacancies are open but will everyone get the gov jobs ? Also in coming years what are the demands of these both fields and what is better to choose
Ans: Hi,
It seems there may be some misunderstanding and disappointment regarding the analysis of job opportunities in the pharmaceutical field. It's important to note that the pharmaceutical sector still holds promising prospects. However, it is essential for candidates to acquire in-depth knowledge. Completing a B.Pharm alone does not guarantee comprehensive expertise. It's essential to delve beyond the basic surface-level knowledge obtained during undergraduate studies. I'm unaware of your state of residence and the college where you pursued your B.Pharm.

Key locations with a strong pharmaceutical industry presence include Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad. Chennai also has a few reputable pharmaceutical companies, albeit in limited numbers. It's crucial to consider your career choice rather than just a job. What is your preference: IT, Marketing/Sales, or Core Pharma? In IT, the remuneration is considerably higher in comparison to core pharmaceutical roles, but sustainability may be a concern. On the other hand, Sales/Marketing requires hard work but offers significantly better remuneration, e.g., INR 6-8L per annum. If the pharmaceutical industry is your preference, starting packages for fresh B. Pharm graduates typically range between INR 15,000 to 25,000.

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. I wish you the best for your future endeavors.