Ashwini

Ashwini Dasgupta  |47 Answers  |Ask -

Personality Development Expert, Career Coach - Answered on Feb 12, 2024

Ashwini Dasgupta is a personality development coach and a neuro-linguistic programming trainer.
She has 15 years of experience training corporate professionals and has worked at Amazon, JP Morgan, Nomura and Satyam among others.
As a career coach, Ashwini specialises in helping growth-minded IT corporate managers develop their self-worth and create the right mindset so that they can achieve their career goals.
Besides corporate training, she offers personal consultations as well.
Ashwini holds a master’s degree in human resources from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, and is a certified NLP trainer from the National Federation of NeuroLinguistic Programming, USA.
She has completed her soft skills training and image consultancy course from the Image Consulting Business Institute, Mumbai
Asked by Anonymous - Oct 30, 2023Translate

Hi mam , I am a fresher and i have recently attended an interview in an MNC and after successful interview they didn't reach me out . Then after a week i just followed up with the hr and she asked to fill an application form and send it with other educational documents and done some background research i think so, and again she opened a portal for job application in the career site and asked me to apply there. Its been 3 days since applied. So the response is not yet given what should i assume from this.

Ans: Hi Sir/ Madam,

The hiring process in large organizations can be lengthy and time consuming due to various processes and protocols.

Few steps can be considered-

Regular follow up- you can do regular follow up's in intervals.
HR receives multiple applications for one position and it may take time for them to screen the shortlist the candidate
Consider other opportunities in the mean time so you have the back up ready just incase if this opportunity does not fall in your favour.
Have patience and be calm. Interview processes can be lengthy and it may happen at times you may not get the appropriate response from the organization .

Please know that hiring processes differe organization to organization and could be several reasons for the delay. There is nothing to worry about it instead invest the energy in preparing for other skills/ interviews / opportunities. Continue to stay positive in your search and approach. If you don't receive a response within a reasonable timeframe, you may consider reaching out for an update.

All the best
Thanks
Ashwini Dasgupta
Author of Confidence Decoded. Is it a Skill or Attitude?

Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |55 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Jul 04, 2023

I administrative experience of more than 30+ years of experience in the at various levels in the Government of India which i have contributed significantly to the success of the organization. I have retired as an Gazetted Offiicer from Government of India in the year 2020. 2. Represented the Ministry at various levels with the relevant agency representative(s) fosters engagement with other Government departments and private sector industries to address national needs, priorities and sustainable development challenges to advocate for action on the areas wherever necessary. 3. I have been looking for an appropriate placement, especially in overseas and I have been applying through LinkedIn for placement outside India. However, i have been unsuccessful in obtaining a suitable employment. 4. I have been receiving a similar reply from the overseas organisations like this- “Thank you for your interest in the Administration Manager position at Colliers International. While your skills and background are impressive, we have decided to proceed with other applicants who more closely fit our needs at this time. We appreciate your time and effort in submitting an application. We encourage you to apply for other positions at Colliers International in the future. Again, thank you for your interest in a position with Colliers International and we wish you success in your job search and future career. Sincerely, Colliers International Team” PLEASE ADVISE
Ans: I understand that you have extensive administrative experience of over 30 years in the Government of India and have retired as a Gazetted Officer in 2020. You've been actively searching for suitable employment opportunities overseas, particularly through LinkedIn, but have been unsuccessful so far. The response you've been receiving from organizations has been along the lines of them appreciating your skills and background but choosing other candidates who better meet their current needs. Here are some suggestions:

1. Expand Your Job Search: Consider broadening your job search beyond LinkedIn. Explore other job portals, professional networks, and recruitment agencies that specialize in international placements. Additionally, connect with former colleagues, industry contacts, and alumni networks to tap into potential opportunities.
2. Tailor Your Applications: Review your application materials, including your resume and cover letter, to ensure they are tailored to each specific job opportunity. Highlight your relevant skills, experience, and achievements that align with the requirements of the positions you're applying for. Customize your applications to showcase how you can add value to the organization and address their specific needs.
3. Network and Build Connections: Networking plays a crucial role in finding employment opportunities. Attend industry events, conferences, and seminars both in person and online. Engage with professionals in your field of interest and participate in relevant discussions. Building connections and fostering relationships can increase your chances of hearing about unadvertised job openings or receiving recommendations.
4. Consider Contract or Consultancy Work: Instead of focusing solely on full-time positions, consider exploring contract or consultancy work. Many organizations, including international ones, often require short-term expertise or project-specific assistance. Consulting or contracting can provide an opportunity to showcase your skills and potentially lead to long-term employment or referrals.
5. Professional Development: Stay updated with the latest industry trends, technologies, and practices in your field. Consider taking courses, certifications, or attending workshops to enhance your skills and demonstrate your commitment to ongoing professional development. This can make you a more competitive candidate for international job opportunities.
6. Seek Professional Assistance: If you're facing challenges in securing suitable employment overseas, consider seeking assistance from career coaches or professional resume writers who specialize in international job placements. They can provide guidance on your job search strategy, help refine your application materials, and provide insights into the international job market.
7. Persistence and Patience: The job search process can be demanding and time-consuming, especially for international positions. It's important to remain persistent and patient. Rejections are a part of the process, and it may take time to find the right opportunity that aligns with your skills and experience.

Remember to stay positive and maintain confidence in your abilities. Keep refining your approach, leverage your network, and remain open to different opportunities. With perseverance and a well-rounded job search strategy, you can increase your chances of finding a suitable placement overseas. Best of luck in your job search and future endeavors!

What are balanced advantage funds and would you recommend how I should go about investing in such funds?
Ans: Balanced Advantage Funds are a type of mutual fund that dynamically manages the allocation between equity and debt instruments based on market conditions. These funds aim to provide investors with a balance between growth (through equity exposure) and stability (through debt exposure). The allocation between equity and debt is adjusted by fund managers based on various factors such as market valuations, interest rates, and economic indicators.

Here's a breakdown of the key features and considerations for investing in Balanced Advantage Funds:

1. Dynamic Asset Allocation: These funds have the flexibility to shift allocation between equity and debt depending on market conditions. When equity markets are expensive or overvalued, the fund manager may reduce equity exposure and increase allocation to debt instruments, and vice versa.

2. Risk Management: Balanced Advantage Funds tend to offer lower volatility compared to pure equity funds due to their ability to switch between asset classes based on market conditions. This can potentially reduce downside risk during market downturns.

3. Goal-based Investing: They can be suitable for investors with medium to long-term investment horizons who seek a balance between capital appreciation and capital preservation. These funds are often used for goals like retirement planning or wealth creation with a moderate risk profile.

4. Professional Management: Investors benefit from the expertise of professional fund managers who actively manage the asset allocation and investment decisions based on thorough research and analysis.

5. Tax Implications: From a taxation perspective, gains from equity investments held for more than one year are taxed at a lower rate (long-term capital gains tax), whereas gains from debt investments held for more than three years are taxed as per the investor's income tax slab. Balanced Advantage Funds may offer tax efficiency due to their equity exposure.

6. Expense Ratio: Investors should consider the expense ratio of the fund, which represents the annual fees charged by the fund house for managing the fund. Lower expense ratios can enhance returns over the long term.

As for whether you should invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, it depends on your investment objectives, risk tolerance, and financial goals.

If you're seeking a balanced approach with the potential for higher returns than pure debt funds but with lower volatility compared to pure equity funds, then these funds could be suitable for you. However, it's essential to consult with a financial advisor who can assess your individual circumstances and recommend the most appropriate investment strategy.

If you decide to invest in Balanced Advantage Funds, you can do so through various platforms such as mutual fund distributors, online investment platforms, or directly through the fund house's website. Here's a general guide on how to invest:

1. Research: Understand the different Balanced Advantage Funds available in the market, their investment objectives, performance track record, and expense ratios.

2. Select a Fund: Choose a fund that aligns with your investment goals, risk tolerance, and time horizon.

3. KYC Compliance: Complete the Know Your Customer (KYC) process as required by regulatory guidelines. This typically involves providing identity and address proof documents.

4. Investment Process: Decide on the mode of investment, whether lump sum or systematic investment plan (SIP), based on your convenience and investment strategy.

5. Online Platform or Distributor: If investing through an online platform, create an account and follow the instructions to invest in your chosen Balanced Advantage Fund. If using a mutual fund distributor, approach them with your investment decision, and they will assist you with the investment process.

6. Monitor and Review: Keep track of your investments periodically and review your portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals.

Remember that all investments carry some level of risk, including the potential loss of capital. Diversification and a long-term investment approach are generally recommended to mitigate risk and achieve your financial objectives.

Good Morning, We are married for almost 27 years and at various stages of my wife like, beginning days when Girls had dream of her happy married life beginning, honeymoon, pregnancy, fostering the child, mid-age crisis and now Menopause I have been very unfair & sometime very cruel to my wife. I am tryint to please her in my possible ways but whenever I am planning something exciting & pleasurable for her it turn out to be flop show & nightmare. I want her to be happy but don't know why it gets spoiled due to one or other reason. Despite of all this she is always giving me chance and prepare herself for new beginning. But now I fear & feel gradually I will become a big liability on her, health wise as I am diabetic and even after taking high dose of medicines it doesn't get controlled. I am worried that though the beginning was not good our end should be Peaceful & graceful. Need your guidance
No point revisiting what has already happened. It seems like your wife wants a new beginning; then why not actually plan on how you want your life together to be from now on? What are the things that you have missed out on earlier, bring it all back and slowly start experiencing what life could be living in that harmony...
As for diabetes, getting the right medicine and taking it in the right dosage is important to see a change. Also, exercise, attempt to keep stress levels low and eat right...these help in keeping your blood sugar levels low...
Don't talk about the END when there is a NEW beginning in sight...