Ashwini

Ashwini Dasgupta  |71 Answers  |Ask -

Personality Development Expert, Career Coach - Answered on Feb 12, 2024

Ashwini Dasgupta is a personality development coach and a neuro-linguistic programming trainer.
She has 15 years of experience training corporate professionals and has worked at Amazon, JP Morgan, Nomura and Satyam among others.
As a career coach, Ashwini specialises in helping growth-minded IT corporate managers develop their self-worth and create the right mindset so that they can achieve their career goals.
Besides corporate training, she offers personal consultations as well.
Ashwini holds a master’s degree in human resources from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, and is a certified NLP trainer from the National Federation of NeuroLinguistic Programming, USA.
She has completed her soft skills training and image consultancy course from the Image Consulting Business Institute, Mumbai
Asked by Anonymous - Oct 30, 2023Hindi

Hi mam , I am a fresher and i have recently attended an interview in an MNC and after successful interview they didn't reach me out . Then after a week i just followed up with the hr and she asked to fill an application form and send it with other educational documents and done some background research i think so, and again she opened a portal for job application in the career site and asked me to apply there. Its been 3 days since applied. So the response is not yet given what should i assume from this.

Ans: Hi Sir/ Madam,

The hiring process in large organizations can be lengthy and time consuming due to various processes and protocols.

Few steps can be considered-

Regular follow up- you can do regular follow up's in intervals.
HR receives multiple applications for one position and it may take time for them to screen the shortlist the candidate
Consider other opportunities in the mean time so you have the back up ready just incase if this opportunity does not fall in your favour.
Have patience and be calm. Interview processes can be lengthy and it may happen at times you may not get the appropriate response from the organization .

Please know that hiring processes differe organization to organization and could be several reasons for the delay. There is nothing to worry about it instead invest the energy in preparing for other skills/ interviews / opportunities. Continue to stay positive in your search and approach. If you don't receive a response within a reasonable timeframe, you may consider reaching out for an update.

All the best
Thanks
Ashwini Dasgupta
Author of Confidence Decoded. Is it a Skill or Attitude?

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 26, 2024

Hi I applied job through naukri. Com in logistics but not getting calll and not even resume seen from HR Recruiter Please suggest
Ans: If you're not getting calls or responses from HR recruiters after applying for logistics jobs through Naukri, there are several steps you can take to improve your chances of getting noticed and securing interviews in the market. Ensure that your resume is up-to-date, well-organized, and tailored to the logistics industry. Highlight relevant skills, experiences, and achievements that showcase your qualifications for the job. Use keywords and phrases from the job description to optimize your resume for applicant tracking systems (ATS) used by recruiters to screen candidates. Leverage your professional network to connect with individuals working in the logistics industry. Attend industry events, seminars, and workshops to expand your network and learn about job opportunities. Reach out to alumni, colleagues, and industry contacts for informational interviews or referrals to potential employers. Instead of applying to numerous jobs indiscriminately, focus on roles that closely match your skills, qualifications, and career goals. Tailor your applications to each job to demonstrate your genuine interest and fit for the position. Research the companies you're applying to and customize your application to align with their values, mission, and requirements. After submitting your application, consider following up with the hiring manager or recruiter to express your interest in the position and inquire about the status of your application. Keep your follow-up concise, professional, and respectful. Sending a polite email or making a brief phone call can demonstrate your enthusiasm and commitment to the role.

By implementing these strategies, you can increase your visibility to HR recruiters and improve your chances of landing interviews for logistics jobs. Remember to stay persistent, proactive, and adaptable in your job search efforts.

Namaste sir Kuch Acche large, mid and small companies bataiye jaha pe long term ke liye investment kiya ja sake..? ????
Ans: Namaste Sir,
Thank you for reaching out with your query about long-term investment options. As a Certified Financial Planner, I recommend focusing on mutual funds instead of individual stocks. Here’s why:

Diversification and Risk Management
Diversification: Mutual funds invest in a diversified portfolio. This reduces risk.

Risk Management: Fund managers actively manage portfolios. This helps in mitigating risks.

Stability: Investing in mutual funds provides more stability. Stocks can be volatile.

Professional Management
Expertise: Mutual funds are managed by experienced professionals. They make informed decisions.

Research: Fund managers conduct extensive research. This ensures better stock selection.

Performance: Actively managed funds aim to outperform the market. This is beneficial for long-term growth.

Flexibility and Convenience
Flexibility: You can start with a small amount. SIPs allow regular investments.

Convenience: No need to monitor markets daily. Fund managers take care of it.

Liquidity: Mutual funds offer good liquidity. You can redeem units as needed.

Expert Guidance: Actively managed funds have skilled managers. They make strategic decisions.

Market Opportunities: Managers capitalize on market opportunities. This enhances returns.

Adaptability: Actively managed funds adapt to market changes. This helps in maximizing gains.

Passive Management: Index funds follow the market. They lack active management.

Limited Growth: They may not outperform the market. Actively managed funds aim for better returns.

No Flexibility: Index funds stick to a specific index. They can’t adapt to market conditions.

Drawbacks of Direct Funds
No Advisory Support: Direct funds lack advisory support. This can be challenging for investors.

Complexity: Managing direct funds requires market knowledge. Regular funds offer professional management.

No Personalized Strategy: Direct funds don’t offer personalized strategies. Investing through a CFP ensures tailored advice.

Advantages of Regular Funds
Personalized Advice: Investing through a CFP provides personalized advice. This aligns with your financial goals.

Comprehensive Planning: Regular funds offer comprehensive financial planning. This includes tax planning and retirement planning.

Ongoing Support: You get ongoing support and portfolio reviews. This ensures your investments stay on track.

Investing for Long Term
Consistency: Consistent investing is key for long-term wealth creation. SIPs in mutual funds help in achieving this.

Power of Compounding: Long-term investments benefit from compounding. Mutual funds help in maximizing this benefit.

Goal Alignment: Align your investments with financial goals. Mutual funds offer various schemes for different goals.

Investing in mutual funds is a strategic choice. It offers diversification, professional management, and flexibility. Actively managed funds provide growth opportunities. They are better suited for long-term investments. Avoid index funds and direct funds. They lack the benefits of active management and personalized advice.

Work with a Certified Financial Planner. This ensures a comprehensive approach to your financial planning. Focus on consistent investing and goal alignment. This will help you achieve financial stability and growth.

I am 60 years old. I have a SIP account of 2000 rs. Which i put every month. If i put 1 lakh as fixed. For how long i need to keep it in MF. And how much income will i get.
Ans: Your SIP of Rs 2000 per month is a good start. Investing regularly builds discipline and creates wealth over time.

Lump Sum Investment
You have Rs 1 lakh for a fixed investment. This is a strong move towards securing your financial future.

Investment Duration
To determine the duration, consider your financial goals. If you aim for retirement, a longer period is beneficial.

5 Years: Moderate returns, suitable for short-term goals.
10 Years: Higher returns, good for medium-term goals.
15 Years or More: Maximum returns, ideal for long-term goals like retirement.
Expected Returns
Mutual funds can offer varying returns. Historical data suggests:

Equity Funds: 10-15% per annum.
Debt Funds: 6-8% per annum.
Hybrid Funds: 8-12% per annum.
Assessing Risk
Understanding your risk tolerance is crucial.

Low Risk: Debt funds are stable and safer.
Moderate Risk: Hybrid funds balance equity and debt.
High Risk: Equity funds offer higher returns but are volatile.
Diversifying your investment reduces risk.

Equity Funds: Invest in multiple sectors.
Debt Funds: Choose a mix of short-term and long-term bonds.
Hybrid Funds: Combine both equity and debt.
Inflation and Tax Considerations
Inflation impacts your returns. Equity funds generally outpace inflation.

Equity Funds: Taxed at 10% after one year.
Debt Funds: Taxed based on your income slab if held for less than three years. After three years, taxed at 20% with indexation benefits.
Hybrid Funds: Tax treatment varies based on equity and debt proportion.
Regular Monitoring
Regularly review your investments. Adjust your portfolio based on market conditions and personal goals.

A Certified Financial Planner can offer personalized advice. They help in aligning your investments with your financial goals.

Investing Rs 2000 monthly in SIPs and Rs 1 lakh in mutual funds is wise.

Stay Invested: Longer durations yield better returns.
Diversify: Spread your investments across different funds.
Monitor: Regularly check your investments and adjust as needed.
Seek Guidance: A Certified Financial Planner can provide tailored advice.
Invest wisely to secure your future.

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Jul 23, 2024

Me and my boyfriend are in long distance relationship from past 6 months, I told him about my past in almost starting of it that I had 2 friends with benefits in past and one of that person was my classmate as well as friend, and he used to still contact me, and when I came in relationship also, he called me during that time and I told regarding my relationship status, and I also informed my boyfriend that I talked with him but this thing happened before he knows that I had physical intimacy with him, then when he asked me to block, I suddenly question "what is the point of blocking him" which I regret the most, but I blocked him later by myself, now my boyfriend is sayine me that I have cheated him and he won't trust me till his death, but I told everything in past happened to him. I love him a lot but he is not giving to work together in this relationship and saying that he won't stay loyal to me anymore, he won't trust be ever, as per him I have cheated him, but my intentions were not wrong at all, tho that guy was in contact but I never initiate any conversation with him while I came into relationship, is it really a cheat, is it that he should not trust me anymore? Please guide

It sounds like you are going through a rough time and I am sorry for it. Here's a thought and I am sure you have thought of it too, try to see things from his perspective. While you know that you never cheated nor meant to, it is important to acknowledge that your boyfriend's feelings are valid. He is feeling betrayed and that's a fact. Now, our goal should be to fix this issue. How do we do it? Communication is the only way. Tell him that you understand his perspective but it is important that he sees yours too. If he wants to vent, listen to him. Do not interrupt or become defensive. Understand whatever he says is coming from his insecurity. I know it's difficult not to take it personally, but his statements will be a reflection of his feelings and not your character. Remember this during the conversation. Once he is done speaking, reassure him that you had no intention of cheating. You can also reassure him of your commitment. Promise to be more transparent and point out that you were honest with him from the beginning. If you had any intention to cheat, you could have easily not shared with him your past. But you did and that shows that you are committed to this relationship. Tell him that you understand the need for boundaries and it is not okay to be in touch with people who make your partner uncomfortable.

Look, rebuilding trust needs work and it also takes time. Both of you need to work on it. You will have to work on making him trust you and he will have to work on letting go of his misconception (which might be his reality) and trust you wholly again. Relationships don't work till two people trust each other completely. If he continues to say that he can't trust you again, it might be best to reconsider this relationship. Even though your words hurt him, you did not cheat on him in reality. Why should you have to live in fear that he will cheat on you merely to take revenge?

After you put in all the effort, see where it goes. If things do not get better, rethinking the relationship would be best. Everyone deserves someone who can trust and be trusted.