Amit

Amit Bansal  | Answer  |Ask -

Answered on Jun 18, 2010

nirav Question by nirav on Jun 18, 2010Hindi

HI I have done BE Electronic and MMS Finance. I completed MMS Finance last year and still looking for a job.......... Feedback what i get is you are over qualified or you will not continue more than 6 months........... .......... how to go about job search....

Ans: Please be patient and continue looking. Do not give the impression that you will not stay on.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |76 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Nov 03, 2023

Hi Abhishek, I have around 15 years of experience in HR generalist role. I have done my education in distance mode while I am on job. I started my career as data entry operator in HR and rose upto the level of manager in infrastructure industry from 2007 to 2020 from 2021 to 2022 nov I have worked in ITES US staffing firm. Due to health and personal issues I had to quit the job. From 2023 Jan onwards I am searching for job but of no use till date I am unemployed I have to pay EMI every month. I am unable to figure out why my profile is working in the market. Is it my education background which is hampering my chances or what I am unable to figure out. Can u please help me to understand and figure out how to come out of the situation to land in a job.
Ans: Hi Ramgopal,

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing in your job search. It's not uncommon for experienced professionals to encounter difficulties when re-entering the job market, and there could be several factors at play. Let's explore some potential reasons and strategies to overcome them:

Education Background: While you mentioned that you pursued your education through distance learning, it's essential to highlight your years of work experience. Many employers prioritize practical experience over formal education, especially in HR roles. Ensure that your resume and cover letter emphasize your extensive 15 years of experience and the skills you've gained during that time.

Resume and LinkedIn Profile: Make sure that your resume and LinkedIn profile are up-to-date, professional, and tailored to the roles you're applying for. Highlight your achievements, skills, and certifications relevant to HR or staffing.

Networking: Leverage your professional network. Reach out to former colleagues, supervisors, and contacts you've made during your career. Attend industry-specific events, conferences, and webinars to network and stay updated on industry trends.

Job Search Strategy: Be strategic in your job search. Target companies and roles that align with your experience and skills. Tailor your application to each job, emphasizing how your background makes you a strong candidate.

Skill Enhancement: Consider updating your skills to align with the current HR and ITES industry requirements. You may want to take online courses or certifications to boost your qualifications and demonstrate your commitment to ongoing professional development.

Interview Preparation: If you're getting interviews but not job offers, work on your interview skills. Practice common HR interview questions and refine your responses. Focus on showcasing how your experience is an asset to potential employers.

Consult a Career Coach: Consider seeking guidance from a career coach or mentor who can provide personalized advice and help you identify areas for improvement.

Be Patient and Persistent: The job market can be competitive, and job searches can take time, especially when you've been out of work for a period. Stay persistent and keep applying to positions that match your skills and experience.

Financial Planning: Given your EMI commitments, it might be wise to revisit your budget and explore options for temporary or part-time work to help manage your financial obligations while continuing your job search.

Self-Care: Lastly, it's essential to take care of your health and personal issues. A healthy and balanced mindset can positively impact your job search efforts.

Remember that job searches can be challenging, and rejection is a part of the process. Stay resilient, keep refining your approach, and you'll increase your chances of landing a suitable role in the HR or ITES industry. If you encounter specific challenges along the way, consider seeking advice from professionals in your network or career experts.

Best regards,
Abhishek Shah

I am 26 years old , i am investing 1k/month on stock & doing SIP's in 1k/month in ICICI prudential bharat 22 FoF direct growth , 500/month in HDFC mid cap opportunities direct plan, 500/month in mahindra manulife aggresive hybrid & 500/month in nippon india ultra short duration is this much enough for future perception
Ans: Your Current Investment Strategy
At 26, your investment journey has begun well. You are investing Rs 1k/month in stocks and doing SIPs in various mutual funds. This is a great start.

Evaluating Your SIPs
Stock Investments
Investing in stocks directly can yield high returns. However, it comes with high risk. Ensure you research well before picking stocks. Diversify across sectors to manage risk.

ICICI Prudential Bharat 22 FoF
This fund focuses on PSU companies. It has potential but can be volatile. Keep an eye on its performance.

HDFC Mid Cap Opportunities
Mid-cap funds can provide good growth. They are riskier than large-cap but can outperform in the long run. Your SIP in this fund is a smart choice.

Mahindra Manulife Aggressive Hybrid
This hybrid fund balances equity and debt. It offers stability and growth. This fund is a good addition to your portfolio.

Nippon India Ultra Short Duration
This fund invests in short-term debt instruments. It provides liquidity and low risk. It's suitable for short-term goals.

Direct funds might seem cheaper due to lower fees. However, regular funds through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) offer several benefits:

Professional Advice: A CFP provides tailored advice based on your goals.

Active Management: Regular funds are actively managed by experts.

Emotional Support: CFPs help you stay disciplined during market fluctuations.

Enhancing Your Portfolio
Diversify: Ensure you have a mix of equity, debt, and hybrid funds.

Long-Term Focus: Stay invested for the long term to ride out market volatility.

Review Regularly: Monitor your investments and make adjustments as needed.

Actively Managed Funds vs Index Funds
Actively managed funds aim to outperform the market. They can provide higher returns than index funds, which only track the market. Although actively managed funds have higher fees, the potential for better performance justifies the cost.

Keep Learning: Enhance your knowledge about investments.

Stay Disciplined: Consistency is key to wealth creation.

Seek Professional Help: A Certified Financial Planner can guide you better.

Your current investment approach is commendable. With slight adjustments, you can further improve your portfolio.

Hi iam 29 years old Currently I'm investing 2.5k in Mirae assets emerging bluechip fund. 2k in ICICI prudential technology fund. 1.5k in axis small cap fund. 1k in quant small cap fund. 1k in quant infrastructure fund. Are those funds good for long-term like 20 years plz answer.
Ans: Current Investment Overview

At 29 years old, you have a well-diversified portfolio. Your investments include:

Rs 2,500 in an emerging bluechip fund

Rs 2,000 in a technology fund

Rs 1,500 in a small cap fund

Rs 1,000 in another small cap fund

Rs 1,000 in an infrastructure fund

Evaluation of Fund Selection

Emerging Bluechip Fund

Potential for Growth: This fund targets mid-cap and large-cap stocks. These offer substantial growth potential over the long term.

Risk Factor: It carries moderate to high risk, suitable for your long-term horizon.

Technology Fund

Sector Focus: This fund invests in the technology sector. Technology is a rapidly evolving sector with high growth potential.

Volatility: Sector funds are more volatile. Diversification within your portfolio helps manage this risk.

Small Cap Funds

High Growth Potential: Small cap funds can offer high returns. They invest in smaller companies with significant growth potential.

High Risk: These funds are high-risk due to market volatility. Holding for 20 years can help ride out market fluctuations.

Infrastructure Fund

Sector-Specific Growth: Infrastructure funds invest in infrastructure projects. This sector can benefit from government policies and economic growth.

Moderate to High Risk: Sector-specific funds can be volatile. Diversifying across sectors helps balance your portfolio.

Professional Management

Expertise: Actively managed funds are handled by experienced fund managers.

Research and Analysis: Fund managers conduct in-depth research to make informed investment decisions.

Flexibility

Dynamic Adjustments: Managers can adjust the portfolio based on market conditions. This can help mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.

Regular Monitoring: Continuous monitoring ensures the portfolio aligns with market trends and investment goals.

Lack of Professional Guidance

Self-Management: Direct funds require you to manage your investments. This involves research, analysis, and regular monitoring.

Time-Consuming: Managing direct funds can be time-consuming. It requires a thorough understanding of market dynamics.

Risk of Errors

Potential for Mistakes: Without professional advice, there's a higher risk of making investment errors. This can affect your returns.

Missed Opportunities: Lack of expertise can lead to missed investment opportunities.

Recommendations for Long-Term Strategy

Maintain Diversification

Balanced Portfolio: Continue diversifying across different sectors and fund types. This reduces risk and enhances growth potential.

Regular Review: Review your portfolio periodically. Ensure it remains aligned with your long-term goals.

Increase SIP Amount Gradually

Boost Investments: Gradually increase your SIP amounts. This helps in building a substantial corpus over time.

Compounding Benefits: Higher investments benefit from compounding returns, accelerating your wealth growth.

Consult a Certified Financial Planner

Expert Advice: Seek advice from a Certified Financial Planner. They can provide personalized recommendations based on your financial goals.

Holistic Approach: A CFP can offer a 360-degree financial solution, ensuring all aspects of your financial health are covered.

Your current investment strategy is solid for long-term growth. Diversify your portfolio, increase SIP amounts, and seek professional advice. This will ensure a secure and prosperous financial future.

Hi sir myself jagadish.m I have two kids one of age 4 years and one of 1year.I have own house in Bangalore and 4acres farmland in Andhrapradesh.I am planning to save money for my kids future.Currently I am doing trading with 15lakhs by taking advisory.I am happy with returns from trading so far.Pls suggest me suitable entity to invest
Ans: Current Financial Situation
You have two young children, a house in Bangalore, and farmland in Andhra Pradesh. You are also trading with Rs. 15 lakhs and are satisfied with the returns.

Appreciating Your Efforts
It's commendable that you are actively trading and seeing positive results. Your initiative in planning for your children's future is also praiseworthy.

Goals for Your Children's Future
To secure your children's future, it's essential to have a diversified investment strategy. Here are some key areas to consider:

Education Planning
Start Early: Investing early gives you the advantage of compounding.

Estimate Costs: Calculate the future cost of education. Consider inflation in your calculations.

Investment Options: Look at equity mutual funds for long-term growth. They can provide higher returns over time.

Child Plans
Dedicated Plans: Consider child-specific investment plans. These plans offer benefits tailored for children's future needs.

Dual Benefits: These plans often provide life cover and investment growth. They ensure financial security for your children.

Regular Investments: SIPs allow you to invest a fixed amount regularly. It helps in disciplined saving.

Rupee Cost Averaging: SIPs benefit from market fluctuations. They help in averaging out the purchase cost of units.

Flexibility: You can start SIPs with small amounts. They offer flexibility to increase investments over time.

Professional Management: Actively managed funds are handled by expert fund managers. They adjust the portfolio based on market conditions.

Higher Potential Returns: These funds aim to outperform market indices. They can offer higher returns compared to index funds.

Diversification: Actively managed funds invest in a variety of sectors. This reduces risk and enhances potential returns.

Self-Management: Direct funds require you to manage investments yourself. This can be challenging without professional advice.

Lack of Expertise: Without a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), you might miss out on strategic adjustments.

Higher Effort: Direct funds demand constant monitoring. It requires significant time and effort.

Benefits of Regular Funds Through a CFP
Expert Advice: A CFP provides personalized investment strategies. They consider your financial goals and risk tolerance.

Regular Monitoring: Your investments are regularly reviewed and adjusted. This ensures optimal performance.

Comprehensive Planning: CFPs offer a holistic financial plan. They cover all aspects of your financial life, including insurance, retirement, and estate planning.

Diversifying Investments
Balanced Portfolio: Diversify across equity, debt, and hybrid funds. This balances risk and returns.

Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund. It should cover 6-12 months of expenses.

Insurance: Ensure adequate life and health insurance. It protects your family from unforeseen events.

Your proactive approach to securing your children's future is excellent. Focus on a diversified investment strategy. Consider education planning, child-specific plans, and SIPs. Opt for actively managed funds for higher returns. Avoid direct funds and benefit from the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner. Regularly review and adjust your investments to align with your financial goals.

Hi Sir, I have invested in a policy of HDFC bank with name HDFC Life Uday. In this I have been investing 24K per annum. Same amount i have to invest for 8 years that will end up in 2026. Maturity time is 2030. Can you please tell me how much amount will i get on maturity.
Ans: You have invested in the HDFC Life Uday policy, a traditional, non-linked insurance plan. You are paying Rs. 24,000 annually for 8 years, with the policy maturing in 2030.

Understanding HDFC Life Uday
HDFC Life Uday offers a combination of savings and protection. It includes a guaranteed sum assured and potential bonuses. However, this type of policy has several disadvantages.

Disadvantages of HDFC Life Uday
Lower Returns: Traditional policies typically offer lower returns compared to other investment options. The returns may not keep up with inflation.

High Costs: These policies often have higher costs due to premiums covering both insurance and savings components.

Limited Liquidity: Traditional policies have long lock-in periods. Accessing your money before maturity can be difficult and costly.

Inflation Impact: The fixed returns may not keep pace with inflation, reducing the purchasing power of your maturity amount.

Complexity: The structure of bonuses and guarantees can be complex and less transparent.

Surrendering the Policy
Given the disadvantages, it may be beneficial to surrender your HDFC Life Uday policy and reinvest in more efficient options.

Surrender Value: Before making a decision, check the surrender value of your policy. This is the amount you will receive if you terminate the policy early.

Reinvestment Strategy: Consider reinvesting the surrender value in mutual funds. Mutual funds can provide higher returns and greater flexibility.

Benefits of Mutual Funds
Higher Returns: Mutual funds generally offer higher returns compared to traditional policies.

Diversification: Mutual funds invest in a variety of assets, reducing risk.

Liquidity: Mutual funds are more liquid, allowing you easier access to your money.

Professional Management: Funds are managed by experts who adjust investments based on market conditions.

Flexibility: You can choose from a wide range of funds based on your risk appetite and financial goals.

Investing Through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Consider investing in mutual funds through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP). Here’s why:

Expert Guidance: A CFP provides personalized advice tailored to your financial goals.

Regular Monitoring: They continuously monitor and adjust your investments to optimize returns.

Comprehensive Planning: CFPs offer a holistic approach, covering all aspects of your financial life.

Given the lower returns, high costs, and limited liquidity of traditional policies like HDFC Life Uday, it may be wise to surrender the policy. Reinvesting in mutual funds through a Certified Financial Planner can provide higher returns, greater flexibility, and professional management. Review your surrender value and consult a CFP for personalized advice and a comprehensive financial plan.