Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Apr 23, 2024

Maxim Emmanuel is the marketing director of Maxwill Zeus Expositions.
An alumnus of the Xavier Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai, Maxim has over 30 years of experience in training young professionals and corporate organisations on how to improve soft skills and build interpersonal relationships through effective communication.

My Daughter given 10th CBSE exam. She is afraid of maths so much because of that she don't want to do 12th Science side. She is not sure what is best for ger future. Her drawing is very good and she has more interest in it. What should she do after 10th....?

Ans: Who my..your daughter's fear of numbers well is it called numerophobia!?

Now besides science commerce also has a fair amount of maths.

She could certainly consider a 12th program that has no maths in the curriculum.. Check it out..!
There are so many maths free combinations available

IIT-JEE, NEET-UG, SAT, CLAT, CA, CS Exam Expert - Answered on Apr 05, 2023

Hi Sir, My daughter is confused about which subject to choose after 10th. Need your expert advice here. Below are her traits and career aspiration: # First choice of her career is to appear in UPSC and be a IAS/IPS. But, has a fear about not clearing it, than what? So, other option should be open. # She dont want to have a 9 to 5 Job. # She is good at Maths but she dont like to solve complex problems. # Confused with Bio/Commerce and humanities which one would be good for her ? # at last, she want to earn lots of money ?
Ans: It's great that your daughter has clear career aspirations, but it's important to remember that there are multiple paths to achieving them. Here are some points to consider:

UPSC is a highly competitive exam, and the success rate is relatively low. So, it's always good to have a backup plan. While pursuing her studies, your daughter can also prepare for other government exams, such as the state civil services or bank exams, as these can also offer good career prospects. But here, it will be a 9 to 5 job, as you said she doesn't want a 9-5 job.

Also If she doesn't want a 9 to 5 job, then she can consider careers in law, journalism, or entrepreneurship. These fields offer a lot of flexibility and the opportunity to work on her own terms.

If she is good at maths but doesn't like to solve complex problems, then she can consider commerce as an option. A career in finance or accounting can be a good fit for her.

Humanities can also be a good option for her if she is interested in subjects like history, geography, or political science. These fields can also help her in her UPSC preparations.

Lastly, while earning lots of money is a valid goal, it's important to also consider other factors like job satisfaction and work-life balance. Your daughter should choose a career that aligns with her interests and passions, rather than just focusing on the financial aspect.

Overall, encourage your daughter to explore different fields and subjects, and to keep an open mind about her career options. With hard work and dedication, she can achieve success in any field she chooses.

Hi, my age is 40, I want to retire by 50 with Rs. 2 Crore of Corpus, Right Now i have Rs. 17 lacs in PF, Rs. 5 Lacs in NPS, Rs.1 Lacs in PPF and Home loan Completed this year. I have one LIC policy of Premium of Rs. 24000 Yearly. Now I don’t have single saving in my saving account. my monthly expense is 35k. I want to start from Zero. My monthly on hand salary is Rs. 1.5 Lacs and i am ready to take risk for Higher return. I have Jeevan Saral Policy starting from 2010 to still now and its mature on September-2023, I have checked and surrender the value comes to Rs. 6 Lacs, overall, i check and confirm only 5 to 6% comes in LIC Policy. Please advise only 5 years remaining for maturity. Also, in My monthly income i can easily save Rs. 1.05 Lacs if consider Rs. 45k Monthly expense. Issue is I am from Market since long 15 years and Right Now Market is very high so it’s advisable to start a SIP. or invest on safe place like FD & RD. Can I increase NPS contribution Rs 50 k to Rs. 1.50 lacs or invest in PPF account of Rs. 1.5 Lacs annually and also open a PPF account for daughter.
Ans: Building a Robust Retirement Plan: A Strategic Approach
Congratulations on completing your home loan! With no debts and a strong monthly income, you are in a great position to plan for retirement. Here’s a comprehensive strategy to achieve your goal of a Rs. 2 crore corpus by the age of 50.

Assessing Your Current Financial Health
Here’s a summary of your current financial standing:

Provident Fund (PF): Rs. 17 lakh
National Pension System (NPS): Rs. 5 lakh
Public Provident Fund (PPF): Rs. 1 lakh
LIC Policy: Surrender value Rs. 6 lakh
You have a solid foundation but need to optimize your investments to reach your goal.

Evaluating Your Current Investments
You have Rs. 6 lakh in an LIC policy with a return of 5-6%. Considering its low return, it might be wise to redirect this amount into higher-yielding investments. Surrendering it and reinvesting in better options could be beneficial.

Creating a Diversified Investment Strategy
Given your readiness to take risks for higher returns, a diversified approach is ideal. Here's how you can structure your investments:

Increasing Contributions to NPS and PPF
NPS: Increasing your contribution to Rs. 1.5 lakh annually can provide additional tax benefits and long-term growth. NPS is a good mix of equity and debt.
PPF: Maximizing your PPF contribution to Rs. 1.5 lakh annually ensures risk-free returns with tax benefits. Opening a PPF account for your daughter is also a good long-term strategy.
Investing in Mutual Funds
Starting a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in mutual funds is advisable despite current market levels. SIPs average out the cost over time, reducing market volatility risk. Actively managed funds can offer better returns than index funds due to professional management and strategic asset allocation.

Liquid Savings and Emergency Fund
Maintaining liquidity is crucial. Since you can save Rs. 1.05 lakh monthly, allocate a portion to build an emergency fund. Aim for 6-12 months' worth of expenses, i.e., Rs. 2.7 lakh to Rs. 5.4 lakh. This fund should be easily accessible, such as in a high-interest savings account or liquid mutual funds.

Tax Planning and Optimization
Maximize tax-saving investments to enhance returns. Utilize Section 80C benefits with investments in PPF, NPS, and ELSS funds. Consider tax-efficient investment options that offer higher post-tax returns.

Reviewing Insurance Coverage
You have term insurance for family protection, which is excellent. Ensure the coverage amount is adequate considering inflation and future needs. Health insurance provided by your company is beneficial, but consider a separate policy for comprehensive coverage during job transitions or retirement.

Rebalancing Your Portfolio
Regularly review and rebalance your portfolio to align with your risk tolerance and financial goals. As you approach retirement, gradually shift from high-risk equity investments to safer debt instruments to protect your corpus.

Financial Discipline and Monitoring
Maintain financial discipline by sticking to your savings plan. Regularly monitor your investments and adjust strategies as needed based on market conditions and life changes.

Estimate the corpus required for a comfortable retirement by considering inflation, life expectancy, and desired lifestyle. Use retirement planning tools or consult a Certified Financial Planner for precise calculations.

Upon retirement, implement a Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP) from your mutual fund investments. SWPs provide a steady income stream and tax efficiency, ensuring your corpus lasts longer.

Continuous Learning and Adaptation
Stay informed about financial markets and investment opportunities. Financial planning is dynamic; adapt your strategy based on changing economic conditions and personal circumstances.

Your financial health is solid with no debts and a high savings potential. By following a diversified investment strategy and maintaining financial discipline, you can achieve your goal of retiring with a Rs. 2 crore corpus by 50. Optimize tax savings, regularly review your portfolio, and adjust as necessary to stay on track.

Hi, I am 31 year old with 1.5 year old son. I am leaving in joint family. I am a working woman. The problem with me is I feel the only person giving 100% in our relationship is me. Its been 2.5 years we got married, i am handling my expenses as I am working, i am not dependent on him but he never asks for my wishes. He never bough me anything not a single gifts, cakes anything even on special days like birthdays and our anniversaries. I am helping him in his EMIs of loan payments as well but i am not getting phisical or emotional support from him. He even gets angry when i ask for hugs. Sometimes if he gives hug he behaves like he is doing favour. Sometimes i cried at night but he didn't care and goes to sleep peacefully. When my mother in law and i got in argument he supports me less and everytime supports his mom. I helped him in paying in his sister's marriag also. He never takes mr to dates. Whenever we go outside everytime he take his family with us. He never talks to me or asks mr if I need anything. Even after coming from office he spends most of time on mobilr and watching tv. He didn't even take me to small trips, in last 2.5 year we haven't done any trips. He never tries to make me feel special. The worst part was i was alone every night during my pregnancy as hi was having night shifts at that time. When i cried infront of him that i need you tonight i am not feeling well, i am pregnant please be here with me, his answer was work is more important. Who is going to make money for our future and he left me crying at that day. I am feeling like i am the only one who is trying to keep this relationship alive. I am not getting what i expects from him. What to do in this situation.
Ans: I'm truly sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing in your marriage. It sounds incredibly challenging and painful to feel unsupported and neglected, especially when you're putting so much effort into your relationship.

First, it's essential to acknowledge your feelings and needs. Reflect on what you truly desire from your marriage. What specific actions or behaviors do you need from your husband to feel loved and supported? Understanding your needs will help you communicate them more clearly.

When you're ready, find a calm and private moment to talk with your husband. Approach the conversation with the intention of expressing your feelings and needs without blaming or accusing him. You could say something like, "Over the past few years, I've been feeling very lonely and unsupported in our marriage. I know you work hard, and I appreciate that, but I also need emotional support and affection from you. It hurts when my needs are not acknowledged, and I feel like I'm the only one putting effort into our relationship."

Using "I" statements can help focus on your feelings without sounding accusatory, which can make your partner less defensive. For example, "I feel neglected when my emotional needs are not met," or "I feel hurt when you don't acknowledge my birthday or special occasions." This way, you're communicating your feelings without placing blame directly on him.

Be specific about what you need from him. Instead of making general statements, provide clear examples of what would make you feel better. For instance, you might say, "It would mean a lot to me if we could have some alone time, maybe go on a date once a month," or "I would love it if you could ask how my day was and really listen."

If talking to your husband directly doesn’t lead to any changes, consider seeking couples counseling. A therapist can provide a neutral space where both of you can express your feelings and work on improving your relationship. Counseling can help you both understand each other better and develop strategies to meet each other's needs more effectively.

Remember, it's crucial to take care of yourself during this process. Lean on friends or family for support, and consider speaking with a therapist on your own to help navigate these feelings and challenges. You deserve to feel loved, respected, and supported in your marriage, and it's important to advocate for your own well-being.