Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Mar 29, 2024

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more

Dear sir My daughter is in the final year of BAMS. What is the scope for BAMS in India and Abroad? If there is any higher study scope at foreign countries? Which country have higher study options for BAMS?

Ans: Hello. It is great to hear that your daughter will be completing her BAMS soon. Let me tell you that BAMS as a course has an evolving scope, thus offering various opportunities for those pursuing or willing to pursue this field. The scope of BAMS can be found across healthcare, research and education, clinical practice, and consultancy. Coming to the higher education part, as your daughter is about to complete BAMS, it is advised to go for a master’s program in specialised areas like Ayurveda, complementary medicine, and integrated medicine. Also, there is the option of pursuing short-term courses and training programs after BAMS. Countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, and the Netherlands offer the best programs in your daughter’s field of choice. It will be good if your daughter has researched well about specific universities that she is aiming at, admission requirements, and any licensing or certifications required for practicing Ayurvedic medicine in the country of choice, among other factors. Also, consider language proficiency tests and studying abroad.

For further assistance, you can get in touch with us

Sir, i have completed my bachelors (BCA) in India in an engineering college and wishes to pursue my masters in a foreign country.My family is'nt well off so iam looking into schlorships.can you suggest some courses with good scope. Also which countries are best for IT field that provide great schlorship oppurtunities.
Ans: As far as Scholarships for Abroad Universities are concerned, you should have good scores from the entrance tests (whichever will be applicable according to the University's admission criteria), good past academic records, your extra and co-curricular activities, additional certifications, your Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letter of Recommendation etc. Those who have gained work experience of a minimum 2-3 years after graduation get preference in admission.

And most of the Universities do not provide 100% scholarships. You will have to bear some expenses (depends upon which University / College you get admission into & what all expenses only it will cover?) .

As you have mentioned that your parents NOT well-off financially, it is suggested to work for 2-3 years, earn some money and also gain work experience, then go for further education abroad.

Before approaching any Professional Abroad Education Consultant, do a thorough research about the Countries/Universities/Programs, shortlist those which you think will be most suitable, apply to 5-6 top Univerities offering Scholarships and finalize one best University/College for you.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.