Home > Career > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

Sushil Sukhwani  |94 Answers  |Ask -

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jun 05, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Jun 01, 2023

After completing B.Com I was planning to do Masters in Finance and accounting (with embedded ACCA) in UK. But now I feel that having some experience before doing masters is better considering that employment after Masters will hinge on prior work experience. Is my thought process correct? Though I see job openings for freshers in Bangalore, I am not aware of the success ratio because I recently relocated to Bangalore with family. Should I look for a job or pursue higher studies?

Ans: Hello,

To begin with thank you for getting in touch with us. In these competitive times, pursuing further education is crucial. Yes, you can apply for a Master's degree in the UK. The program lasts a year, and you may be eligible for a Post-study Work Permit afterward. We would strongly advise you to submit an application for a Master's degree at one of the reputable universities in the UK. For the past 30+ years, we have represented a number of universities in the UK, and our knowledgeable team can assist you in achieving your objective. For comprehensive step-by-step instructions, kindly contact us via phone or email. Thank you.

For more information, you can visit our website.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below


Abhishek Shah  |44 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Jun 14, 2023

I did masters in health services management from abroad and have been looking for entry level work since few years but no luck.Visiting various hospitals/clinics and getting their feedback on the various types of entry level positions offered and the remuneration offered has only demotivated my spirit.Also,this job hunting process has made a gap in my work history.Should I make transition to some other qualification related to my current qualification?If yes then which one?Please advice.Thanks for your response in advance.
Ans: Hello,

Transitioning to another qualification related to your current field could be a viable option to explore. It might help you gain additional skills and knowledge that can make you more competitive in the job market. However, before making such a decision, I would recommend considering a few factors:

Self-assessment: Evaluate your strengths, interests, and career goals. Reflect on why you pursued health services management in the first place and whether you still have a passion for the field. This will help you determine if pursuing a different qualification within the same domain aligns with your long-term aspirations.

Market research: Conduct thorough research on the job market for health services management professionals in your area. Explore the demand for such roles, the specific skills employers seek, and any emerging trends or opportunities within the industry. This information will help you make an informed decision about your career path.

Skills gap analysis: Assess your existing skill set and identify any gaps that might be hindering your job search. Consider acquiring additional certifications or training to enhance your qualifications. This can make you a more attractive candidate to potential employers.

Networking and professional development: Engage in networking activities within the health services management field. Attend industry conferences, join professional associations, and connect with individuals who can provide guidance and potentially open doors for job opportunities. Additionally, staying updated on industry trends and advancements through continuous professional development can give you an edge in the job market.

Consider related roles or sectors: While searching for entry-level positions directly in health services management, explore related roles or sectors where your skills and knowledge can be transferable. This could broaden your options and increase your chances of finding meaningful employment while staying within your area of interest.

Ultimately, the decision to pursue another qualification or explore alternative career paths should be based on a thoughtful assessment of your goals, market conditions, and personal interests. It may be beneficial to seek advice from career counselors, mentors, or professionals in the health services management field who can provide personalized guidance based on your specific circumstances.

Best of Luck!

Abhishek Shah
Latest Questions

Sanjeev Govila  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 23, 2023


Sanjeev Govila  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 23, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 14, 2023
Sir, I just retired from my service @60yrs. I will get my PF+other fund ₹50L. Please advice how to invest the amount so that my principal not disputed and I can get ₹30,000 pm for my monthly expenses. My family of 2 persons are covered ₹50L health insurance. Regards
Ans: Considering your age and your requirement, you will need to invest in a mix of debt and equity instruments. Here are some investment options available to you:-

• Senior Citizens’ Savings Scheme (SCSS) – This is a pure debt instruments and provides guaranteed returns of 8.2% per annum. The interest is paid quarterly. The maximum amount that you can invest is Rs. 30 Lakhs.

• Corporate FDs – It provides you return more than the regular bank FDs. It contains two options i.e. cumulative and non-cumulative.

• Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS): This is another government-backed scheme that offers guaranteed monthly income. The current interest rate is 7.1%.

• Debt Mutual Funds: As your main concern is to protect the principal amount you may consider debt funds and monthly income can be achieved through the route of SWP (systematic withdrawal plan).

• Equity mutual funds: Equity mutual funds offer the highest potential returns, but they are also the riskiest. A small portion of the amount can be invested in the equity mutual funds for growth of the money in the long-term horizon.

It is good to know that you are adequately insured for any healthcare emergency.

Your requirement of Rs. 30,000 will be changing in the future due to inflation, hence you should consult with your financial advisor for a proper increasing income or SWP (systematic withdrawal plan) which can help you to ensure sufficient amount available for your monthly expenses.

Sanjeev Govila  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 23, 2023

Hi Sir, I worked a small level company between 01.02.2018 to 30.04.2021. They paid standard EPF contribution of Rs. 1800/- from my side they deducting the same of Rs. 1800/-. After I exit the company I applied the EPF Withdrawl (both contribution) on 06.05.2023 and it was rejected by the officer and the reason was mentioned "Claim Rejeced EQUAL SHARE 07/18". The Employer deposit the July 2018 share in wrongly i.e. The deposited Rs. 1800/- in Employee Share and Rs. 1800/- employer Share and Pension is " 0 ". instead of Rs.1800/- as employee, Rs. 550/- as Employer and Rs.1250/- as pension contribution. When I sent a 2 continues mail to EPF they taking my query as a grivience and sent a query to the employer. But Still they not close the issue. How to I approch them to clear my claim. Because there is no mistake from my side. Thanks in Advance. Narayanan
Ans: I understand that your EPF withdrawal claim has been rejected due to an error in your employer's contribution. This is frustrating, but it is important to remember that you are not alone. Many people experience problems with their EPF claims, especially when their employers make mistakes.

When filing a grievance, be sure to provide clear and concise information about the issue. You should also include any relevant documentation, such as your EPF statement and the revised Form 11 from your employer (if you have one).

Once you have filed a grievance, the EPFO will investigate the matter and try to resolve it. This process can take some time, but it is important to be patient.

Here are some additional tips:

• Keep track of all your communication with the EPFO. This includes emails, phone calls, and visits to the office.
• If you are not satisfied with the EPFO's response, you can escalate the issue to the regional or national level. You can also mail on employeefeedback @ epfindia.gov.in for the redressal of your grievance.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds