IIT-JEE, NEET-UG, SAT, CLAT, CA, CS Exam Expert - Answered on Apr 19, 2023

Mayank Chandel has over 18 years of experience coaching and training students for various exams like IIT-JEE, NEET-UG, SAT, CLAT, CA and CS.
Besides coaching students for entrance exams, he also guides Class 10 and 12 students about career options in engineering, medicine and the vocational sciences.
His interest in coaching students led him to launch the firm, CareerStreets.
Akankshya Question by Akankshya on Apr 04, 2023Hindi

Mam, I have just completed my 12th and I am a pcmb student ,I am interested in both maths and in bio (zoology) so which field should I choose.please give me guidence.

Ans: Hi Akankshya
Biology & Math leads to different fields altogether. Since you are interested in both, choose the field where you are more interested.
Or choose a branch so that I can guide you accordingly.

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |30 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 14, 2024

I have recently completed my Masters in Zoology; specialisation in Cell Biology & Cytogenetics. Also, I hold a degree of Bachelor in Science as well as Bachelor in Education. Right now, I'm in that stage of life where you see a lot of options in your career; though confused which one to pursue as in the developing scenario, I want something that gives good money as well as requires my knowledge. Need experts advice.
Ans: Given your educational background and specialization in Cell Biology & Cytogenetics, as well as your dual degree in Science and Education, you have a diverse range of career options to explore. Here are some potential career paths that align with your qualifications and interests:

You can pursue a career as a research scientist in academic institutions, government agencies, or private research organizations, work in the biotechnology industry in roles such as research associate, laboratory technician, or quality control specialist or work as a clinical laboratory scientist or medical technologist in hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, or healthcare facilities or work as genetic counselor to assess risk of inherited genetic disorders and provide information and support regarding genetic testing, diagnosis, and treatment options, or work as biology teacher, college lecturer, or educational consultant or work as a science writer or editor, writing articles, blogs, or educational materials on topics related to cell biology, genetics, and cytogenetics or work as a regulatory affairs specialist, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines for the development and approval of drugs, biologics, and medical devices.

Consider your interests, career goals, and desired work environment when exploring these options. You may also benefit from networking with professionals in your field, seeking informational interviews, or gaining hands-on experience through internships or volunteer opportunities to help you make an informed decision about your career path. Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further help or assistance.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |30 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 16, 2024

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |30 Answers  |Ask -

I completed my m. Tech in design engineering from mnit jaipur in 2015. After that i worked as asst. Professor in mechanical engg. for 6yrs after that preparing for government exams because in teaching no growth for mechanical & till date not selected. Now gap in my career is of more than 2 yrs what should I proceed in my career now?
Ans: Thank you for contacting me. It's good that you are seeking guidance on your career path after facing challenges with government exams and experiencing a gap in your career. When addressing the resume gap, focus on highlighting the skills, experiences, and accomplishments gained during your tenure as an assistant professor and your preparation for government exams. Emphasize any relevant projects, publications, or contributions that demonstrate your expertise and commitment to your field. You should also consider exploring alternative career paths beyond teaching and government exams now. Your background in design engineering and mechanical engineering opens up various opportunities in industries such as manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, consulting, research, and development. Develop a targeted job search strategy tailored to your career goals and preferences. Utilize jobsites, company websites, recruitment agencies, and professional networks to explore job opportunities that match your skills and interests. Trust in your abilities, stay resilient, and remain open to new opportunities as you continue to pursue your career goals in design engineering and mechanical engineering. Best of luck! Feel free to contact me on Rediff Gurus if you need further assistance or help.
Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |30 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 15, 2024