Home > Career > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

R P Yadav  |304 Answers  |Ask -

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Aug 01, 2023

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.
... more
Nagaraju Question by Nagaraju on Jul 31, 2023Hindi

Dear Sir, I have 25+ years of experience in "Accounts,Audit and MIS" and am B.com Graduate, since Covid 2019 am jobless as am trying for the same, where there is no response till date. How can we get a job can you please advice.

Ans: Dear Nagaraju,
You are only 25 with experience in Audit and MIS.
At times there might be struggle but be consistent with your efforts of finding a new job through job portals and consultants.
Luck will definitely strike you and you would be successful in getting a new job.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below


Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Mar 10, 2021

Dear Mayank,I am a BCom graduate with 25+ years of experience in accounts and finance.My designation is manager, accounts and finance.I have worked for reputed companies like Karvy Consultants, Ramky, VLCC Healthcare and others.On March 20, 2020, a few days before the lockdown, I was asked to resign from my job and my salary was paid on the same day.Since then, I have been applying for jobs continuously.I am not adamant about my designation. I am trying for all jobs that relate to my experiences. I have been searching through newspapers, Naukri.com, Monster and various social media but it has been a case of ‘Apply and apply but no reply’.Fortunately, both my kids are working from home in IT companies but being the senior responsible caretaker, I am sitting idle without a job in hand.Can you advise/suggest and help me to solve this problem.RegardsNagaraju U E

Dear Nagaraju.

I appreciate your zeal and enthusiasm to continue to work even after a long career and the fact that your children are also working. Apart from what you have been doing, I would recommend these specific steps:

1. Reach out to your managers and colleagues who you have worked in the past as references are still the best way to get a job.

2. Since you have an accounting background, you can also consider working as a freelancer as there are many opportunities for part time gig workers.

3. Explore academics as a career option.

4. Giving back to the society is also very enriching, so do take up some charity or volunteer work.


Career Coach  |33 Answers  |Ask -

Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 22, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Feb 22, 2024Hindi
I am a BA graduate, unemployed since 2022. After completing my education, I applied to several jobs but no one wanted to hire a fresher. What can I do to get a job? Please suggest some tips
Ans: It's definitely understandable to feel discouraged after facing challenges in securing a job after graduation. However, there are some steps you can take to improve your chances:

1. Reassess your job search:

• Target the right jobs: Are you applying for roles aligned with your BA degree and interests? Research suitable entry-level positions in your field or consider broader titles like "assistant" or "associate" related to your skills.
• Refine your resume and cover letter: Tailor them to each specific job, highlighting relevant skills and experiences, even if they're not directly work-related (volunteer work, projects, etc.). Quantify your achievements whenever possible.
• Expand your job search: Utilize online job boards, company websites, professional networks (LinkedIn), and recruitment agencies. Attend job fairs and networking events to connect with potential employers directly.

2. Enhance your skills and experience:

• Consider short-term courses or certifications: Gain relevant skills through online or offline courses in areas like digital marketing, data analysis, communication, or project management. These can enhance your resume and make you more competitive.
• Volunteer or freelance: Gain practical experience through volunteer work or freelance projects related to your desired field. This shows initiative and demonstrates relevant skills to potential employers.
• Develop soft skills: Build communication, teamwork, problem-solving, and time management skills through workshops, online resources, or even taking on leadership roles in volunteer work.

3. Network and seek guidance:

• Connect with professionals in your field: Attend industry events, join online communities, and reach out to people working in your desired roles. Informational interviews can provide valuable insights and potential leads.
• Seek career counseling: Talk to a career counselor or advisor at your university or community center. They can help you identify your strengths, explore career options, and refine your job search strategy.

Additional tips:

• Stay positive and motivated: Job searching can be frustrating, but don't give up. Stay focused on your goals and celebrate small wins.
• Practice your interview skills: Research common interview questions and practice your responses beforehand. Be confident, articulate your skills clearly, and express your enthusiasm for the role.
• Keep learning and developing: Continuous learning demonstrates your commitment to growth and adaptability. Consider pursuing further education or professional development opportunities in the future.

Remember, finding a job can take time and effort. By tailoring your approach, developing your skills, and using various resources, you can improve your chances of securing a role that aligns with your goals and qualifications. Good luck!
Latest Questions

Maxim Emmanuel  |165 Answers  |Ask -

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Apr 25, 2024

Sir, .I have worked for 5.5 years in my last company but my HR says that I will receive gratuity for 5 years. For those who have worked for 4.5 years, they give it for 5 years but in cases like mine, they reduce it. Also, they have deducted 30 days of my EL w/o giving any logical reasoning saying they do it for all. Pls guide what should I do.
Ans: I have give you a brief explanation about how gratuity is calculated.
Sure this will assist you in understanding the methodologies.

The amount of gratuity for employees whose employer is covered under the Gratuity Act can be calculated using the formula:
Gratuity = n*b*15 / 26

Where n = Tenure of service completed in the company
b = Last drawn basic salary + dearness allowance

For example, you have worked with the XYZ company for a period of 15 years. Your last drawn basic salary along with dearness allowance was Rs 30,000. Hence:

The amount of gratuity = 15 * 30,000 * 15 / 26 = Rs 2,59,615

Two points must be noted here:

As per the Gratuity Act, the amount of gratuity cannot be more than Rs 20 lakh. Any excesses would be treated as ex-gratia.

If the number of years you have worked in the last year of employment is more than six months, then it will be rounded to the nearest figure. Suppose your tenure of service is 16 years 7 months, then you receive the gratuity for 17 years. Otherwise, its for 16 years if it happens to be 16 years 4 months.
In your case 5 years 5 months hence 5 year's as you are below the half yearly for upper round up.

For employees whose employer is not covered under the Gratuity Act, the gratuity amount would be calculated as per the half-month salary on each completed year of service.
The formula is: (15 * Your last drawn salary * the working tenure) / 30.

For example, you have a basic salary of Rs 30,000. You have rendered continuous service of 7 years and the employer is not covered under the Gratuity Act.

Gratuity Amount = (15 * 30,000 * 7) / 30 = Rs 1,05,000.

In regard to your leave,please get a clarification from your HR, as to why they have deducted 30 days of earned leave.

Kanchan Rai  |168 Answers  |Ask -

Relationships Expert, Mind Coach - Answered on Apr 24, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Apr 23, 2024Hindi
My son is 13, diagnosed with anxiety spectrum at age 8.His medications have reduced , takes fluvoximine 50 at night, but has social media addiction,what should i do?
Ans: Managing a child's social media addiction, especially when they have underlying mental health concerns like anxiety, can be challenging but crucial for their well-being. Start by having an open and non-judgmental conversation with your son about his social media use. Express your concerns about how excessive screen time can impact his mental health and overall well-being.Establish clear rules and boundaries around screen time and social media use. This could include limiting the amount of time he spends on social media each day or setting specific times when he's allowed to use it.
Lead by Example: Model healthy screen time habits yourself. Show your son that you prioritize face-to-face interactions, hobbies, and other activities over excessive screen time.Encourage your son to engage in offline activities that he enjoys and that promote social interaction, physical activity, and creativity. This could include sports, hobbies, art, or spending time with friends and family.Keep an eye on your son's social media use and monitor the content he's consuming. Consider using parental control apps or settings to limit access to certain apps or websites.If your son's social media addiction is significantly impacting his mental health or daily functioning, consider seeking support from a therapist or counselor who specializes in treating addiction and/or anxiety. They can provide individualized strategies and support for managing his social media use in a healthy way.
Encourage Healthy Coping Strategies: Help your son develop healthy coping strategies for managing his anxiety, such as mindfulness, deep breathing exercises, or engaging in calming activities when he feels overwhelmed.
By taking proactive steps to address your son's social media addiction and providing support for his anxiety, you can help him develop healthier habits and improve his overall well-being. Remember to approach the situation with empathy, patience, and understanding, and seek professional support if needed.

Kanchan Rai  |168 Answers  |Ask -

Relationships Expert, Mind Coach - Answered on Apr 24, 2024

Hi ! I am a 38 year old divorced woman. Its almost 10 years that I got divorced, from a man with whom I was married for 2 months. Since then, I never had a long relationship with anyone. For the past 1 month, I feel I have developed feelings for my cousin (sister) who is 10 years older to me. She too is divorced, long back. (2006). I understand she too has feelings for me. What should I do. Please suggest.
Ans: Navigating feelings for a family member can be complex, especially when considering societal norms and potential family dynamics. It's understandable to feel uncertain about how to proceed in such a situation.

First and foremost, it's important to consider the potential implications and consequences of pursuing a romantic relationship with your cousin. While relationships between cousins are not legally prohibited in many places, they can sometimes face social stigma or disapproval from family members.

Before taking any further steps, it's crucial to have open and honest communication with your cousin about your feelings and concerns. Discussing your mutual feelings in a respectful and sensitive manner can help both of you understand each other's perspectives and make informed decisions about how to move forward.

Additionally, it may be beneficial to seek guidance from a therapist or counselor who can provide support and help you navigate your feelings and the potential impact on your family dynamic. They can also offer strategies for communicating effectively and managing any challenges that may arise.

Ultimately, the decision of whether to pursue a romantic relationship with your cousin is a deeply personal one that only you and your cousin can make. It's essential to prioritize open communication, mutual respect, and consideration for the feelings and well-being of everyone involved.

Regardless of the outcome, remember that you deserve to pursue happiness and fulfillment in your relationships, and seeking support from trusted friends, family members, or professionals can help you navigate this situation with clarity and confidence.

Kanchan Rai  |168 Answers  |Ask -

Relationships Expert, Mind Coach - Answered on Apr 24, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Apr 16, 2024Hindi
I got married three months ago, during courtship period my ex was in my office but then my marriage wasn't fixed properly ,when it got yeses from both the side I changed my office,but I couldn't tell this to my husband and also I lied about my virginity,he was also not virgin and after marriage I confessed all this ,now he is not forgiving me for my dishonesty and not letting me come home also he abuse me verbally ,slapped me..I also feel like cheated for not letting me know this side of him before marriage..How should I go ahead?
Ans: I'm truly sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing in your new marriage. It's concerning to hear that you're experiencing verbal abuse and physical violence from your husband. No one deserves to be treated this way, and it's important to prioritize your safety and well-being.

First and foremost, if you are in immediate danger or feel unsafe, please reach out to local authorities or a trusted friend or family member for support. Your safety is paramount.

In terms of next steps, it's essential to seek support and assistance from professionals who can help you navigate this situation. Consider reaching out to a therapist or counselor who specializes in relationships and domestic violence. They can provide you with guidance, support, and resources to help you make informed decisions about your next steps.

Additionally, you may want to consider reaching out to organizations or hotlines that specialize in supporting individuals experiencing domestic violence. They can offer confidential support, safety planning, and resources to help you leave the abusive situation and rebuild your life.

It's also crucial to recognize that you are not responsible for your husband's abusive behavior, and you deserve to be treated with dignity and respect in your marriage. If your husband is unwilling to seek help or change his behavior, it may be necessary to consider your options for leaving the relationship to ensure your safety and well-being.

Leaving an abusive relationship can be challenging, but you don't have to face it alone. There are people and resources available to support you every step of the way. Please prioritize your safety and take steps to protect yourself from further harm. You deserve to live a life free from abuse and violence.

Kanchan Rai  |168 Answers  |Ask -

Relationships Expert, Mind Coach - Answered on Apr 24, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Apr 13, 2024Hindi
I am single mother of 12 year old boy and got divorced last year after 7 years of living seperate from my ex husband, I got married in 2010 through matrimonial site and had very toxic and abusive relationship, so I came to my maternal home in 2016 completely. There were many occasions when he approached me and promised to behave properly but failed to do so . He only filed for divorce by making false accusations of being characterless. I gave him divorce and in return I got very less alimony or the amount which was given in cash to them in my marriage. Now I came to know that he remarried and living his life . He is still in contact with my son and sometimes he blame me and my parents for this divorce. My first question is that is he trying to manipulate my son ( he is not bearing any education expenses of my son) And when I ask my son if I can also move on in my life, he refuses and says I don't want to share you with anyone. So I am very confused.
Ans: I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you've been facing. It sounds like you've been through a lot and are trying to navigate a difficult situation for both yourself and your son.

Regarding your ex-husband's behavior, it's possible that he may be trying to manipulate your son, especially if he is blaming you and your parents for the divorce. Children can be susceptible to manipulation, especially when they're caught in the middle of a divorce. It's important to maintain open communication with your son and reassure him that the divorce was not his fault and that both you and your ex-husband still love him.

As for your son's reluctance to see you move on, it's not uncommon for children of divorce to struggle with the idea of one or both parents moving on and forming new relationships. Your son may fear losing the close relationship he has with you or worry about how a new relationship might change his life. It's essential to validate his feelings and reassure him that your love for him will not change, regardless of any new relationships you may have.

It might also be helpful to involve a therapist or counselor who can work with both you and your son to navigate these emotions and provide support during this challenging time. Additionally, continuing to foster a strong, positive relationship with your son and maintaining open communication will be crucial as you both move forward.

Ultimately, while it's important to consider your son's feelings, it's also essential for you to take care of yourself and pursue your own happiness. Balancing your needs with those of your son can be challenging, but with time, patience, and support, you can find a way forward that works for both of you.

Ramalingam Kalirajan  |837 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds, Financial Planning Expert - Answered on Apr 24, 2024

Hi sir, I have invested in sips from last 5 years but I invested through a brooker and he invested and managed my portfolio in regular mutula funds. I have invested like 8 lakhs and got a market values of like 14 lakhs on that investment, but now I want to convert my regular funds into direct funds. I am confused if i should do that or not. As i have got good returns due to covid 19 dip and ukraine war.
Ans: It's wonderful to hear that you've seen growth in your investments over the past five years, especially during the challenging times we've faced due to the pandemic and geopolitical events. The returns you've garnered are a testament to the potential of the market and the right timing.

Transitioning from regular mutual funds to direct funds is a decision that many investors grapple with. While regular funds often come with commission fees that are paid to brokers or advisors, direct funds don't have these additional costs. Over time, these fees can eat into your returns, affecting your overall gains.

However, the decision to switch shouldn't be based solely on costs. It's crucial to evaluate the value your broker brings to your investment journey. Do they offer personalized advice, timely updates, or help navigate market volatility? If yes, perhaps it's worth continuing with them despite the higher costs.

But if you feel confident in managing your investments or seek to maximize returns by reducing costs, transitioning to direct funds could be a prudent move. Remember, every investor's journey is unique, and what matters most is aligning your investment strategy with your financial goals.

Sushil Sukhwani  |313 Answers  |Ask -

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 24, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Apr 15, 2024Hindi
I completed B.Sc Costume Design and Fashion and due to managerial area of interest and not wish to do sewing practical wish to continue in theoretical study as Master of Fashion Management at NIFT, but once after I try to join Ph.D in Costume Design and Fashion or Ph.D in Fashion, institution are rejected by saying the reason that I wants to complete my Post Graduation in M.Sc Costume Design and Fashion to join Ph.d in fashion and I gone to join Ph.d in Management they are saying that you must wants to join in MBA not Master of Fashion Management. Finally I join at one deemed university on Ph D in Management Science but many of them convey that due to your PG degree and Ph.d is non sink, definitely you won't get opportunity to work as Lecturer either in Fashion design or Management. So what I want to do, ? If I study MBA online will it's valid and consider online MBA as qualification ? ? or else shall I go abroad and try to become lecture in Fashion design and Fashion management ? If yes which country has more opportunity to work as Lecturer in Fashion, will at abroad they accept my PG and Ph.D degree. Due to non-guidance and by seeing the name of NIFT I joined and facing total regrets. Kindly please give a solution
Ans: Hello. Thank you for contacting us. It is understandable that you have encountered challenges while aligning your career and academics. Coming to the question, let me tell you that for pursuing a PhD, a master’s degree would be a basic requirement. It is advised to go for a full-time MBA abroad instead of an online MBA as it would add a great value to your profile. It is advised to check with your desired university whether the program regarding the availability of the program.
Going further,given your background in fashion, you also have the choice of pursuing a master’s of fashion management from a foreign university. As you said, you are interested in theoretical knowledge, program on master of fashion management from overseas would be of interest to you as it would leverage your knowledge accordingly.
You can consider countries like the USA, UK, Australia, and Canada that have a thriving fashion industry. Also, while studying fashion, you can choose to combine your fashion studies with management-related subjects. It would be good if you let us know if you have thoughts about any country where you would like to pursue your desired course. We will give our best possible guidance.

For any further queries, please get in touch with us. We have a team of expert counselors who can guide you through any concerns or questions you may have.
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds