Guru Question by Guru on Apr 21, 2024Hindi

After working in USA for 8!yrs,purchased villa,car there,greencard cleared 2nd stage,I came to India in 2008 to get married and go back to USA. I was working in trivandrum as a IT professional and company which had partnership with company in USA, gave me time to get married and afterwards had plans to send me to USA , transfer to my parent company and process my greencard for 3rd stage. Through a marriage broker from my native place davanagere, I was married to a woman from gulbarga.her health was not good from day one and her parents going thru divorce. Her father instead of giving divorce to her mother,locked her in a compound in gulbarga with dogs and did not allow her to go out of compound for years and she passed away in 2013.even though a daughter born to my wife,me, daughter has heart surgery in 2011 and doctors suggested a surgery for wife. After wife's mother passed away in 2013,her father kidnapped my daughter,wife and did not allow them to come back and also had a ex parte divorce filed from my wife. I have been receiving news that my daughter was attacked in gulbarga compound in 2020 and passed away.but it could not be confirmed. My 35+ visits to gulbarga did not yield a visitation to my daughter. My lawyers in Bangalore, gulbarga suggested me to find a new woman and get married since 2020. Even though while I worked in Honeywell since 2016, I found a good woman, relationship could not be pursued. However since 06/2018,I am free to pursue a woman and get into relationship/marriage. I am staying alone since 6+ yrs in Bangalore,I have no wife/girlfriend living with me. I also do not have any kids living with me. It will take some time to find a woman and get married (my father,uncle passed away in last 3 yrs and my mother is in late 70s and no one helping me to get married). 2 weeks back I was invited to attend a jewellery shop inauguration at Kadapa AP which was attended by Telugu actress Sreeleela. She also performed a dance which I am very impressed. I saw her several videos and daily watch her many songs.She is in the right age, very rich and if she gets into relationship with me,it will solve all my problems and I will also support her in her career ie acting plus doctors job and it will be a win-win scenario. I do not have her direct contact info nor there is a coordinator who will coordinate between us.pleqse advise further on how to proceed further

Ans: Dear Guru,
I am truly sorry to hear of the hardships that you have faced.
Instead of living in a dream world, why not instead focus on going the usual route of finding someone who is like-minded and shares the same value systems as you?
And what is this statement that if you marry this actress, all your problems will be solved? Does she want to solve your problems or do you think she is waiting to marry you and solve your problems? Please step out of this dream world, get real!

I suggest that you rebuild your life sensibly and eventually if the right person also is interested in you (if she's a celebrity, then Congratulations), then move on with life by chalking out the path realistically. The person you look for must also align with your life's goals and your values...focus on this...

And sorry if this is going to sound rude to you: This platform is not for people to request Gurus to find out numbers of celebrities or their managers BUT for people to reach out to Gurus who can guide them with their life's challenges.

Hi Anu, I am 44 years old man and I have unsuccessful married life as my wife didn't like be in the relationship with me within 7 months of our marriage. We married in the year 2013 and she annulled me in the year 2014. She is hyper sentimental and egoistic. She only loves money and her parents. We had exchanged some words (just like it happens in every married life). I tried to make her understand that if she don't get a job I will support her so that she can get a job. But she didn't pay attention to my request. She filed Mat suite for divorce with false allegations and I have filed a restitution of conjugal right case . She lost her divorce case and I won the RCR case. But despite magistrate order and my request she didn't turn up and filed 498A, DV Act and 125 CrPC tagging most my relatives with false evidences two years back. I fought all cases and during this time I lost my father. However again she lost DV case and Supreme Court ordered lower court to discharge everyone if they do not found us guilty as we have sufficient proof. Her lawyer started taking tricks by requesting for short span for each hearing date. As my mother's health is not well and I leave in South India, it was difficult for me to attend every hearing date. So, I decided to give up and signed the divorce petition on mutual consent. I tried my best to bring her back, but I failed. Everyone is asking to start the life in new way, but I am really shocked and in trauma of the mental torture and harassment. I am thinking that is it good start the life again in this age ? Will the new life partner take similar steps to harass me again ? Please advice.
Ans: Dear Sanju,
I can only imagine the unrest that you must be feeling right now.
Regarding your question on mental torture and harassment; I do understand how unnerving it must be for you to wake up every morning and stare at the harsh reality of what it is for you. Nevertheless, beaten down but not yet given up is something you must always remember.
It is natural to think that history repeats itself; but you cannot assume that the next person you meet will be the same. Do not enter into a relationship or marriage with this assumption; what might tend to happen is that you will hold yourself back and your partner will always feel that you are being distant from them.

Do understand that the context of marriage is the same, but the persons in question are different. It's like saying: I failed in Math, so Math is a bad subject and I will always fail! Get a hang of what I am referring to?

Take some time off to heal and be at peace and remind yourself that you deserve happiness and marriage form of a beautiful relationship that can make you happy. For now, tell 'everyone' who is asking you to start a new life to give you space to reflect on:
- What can I do different in the next relationship that I pursue?
- What more can I do for my partner that I didn't in the previous marriage?
- What are a few core values of mine that I want to see in my partner as well?

And no use starting a new life by thinking if your new life partner will harass you as well. Instead step in telling yourself: New relationship, new person, new thoughts, new life goals, new...The word NEW, should give your brain something NEW to chew on discarding the old.

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 09, 2023Hindi
I have 28 + years of frustrated and abusive and absolutely unsatisfied marriage. It was arranged but involved bitterness from both sides. My father did my relationship because of temptation and so many false facts from the in -laws' side. I was not interested but due to family compulsions I couldn't resist. Somehow i feel sad that my father got trapped due to greed and always feel bad about him, my mother was illiterate and did not have much opinion on anything. It was full of falsehood and cheating. I am very simple and minimalist persons, just after marriage wife and inlaws started torturing me to breakaway from my parents, being alone son and with the help of sisters managed parents with lot of difficulties but thought time will heal. I was thinking of separation just after 6 months but somehow was in difficult shape, couldn't ask. Meanwhile Father in law died and i thought it's inhuman to give separation at this critical time and accepted my destiny, My wife was very clever and managed balanced relation till her brother and sister got settled and we decided to welcome kids and blessed with two sons but after all her responsibility over, she again showed same behavior rather more aggressive and color and i almost separated from parents. I am in Govt service and was threatened to file a false case, with all difficulties, managed with balancing, hiding something here and there. After the death of parents , things worsened and she is eying on all property of inheritance to be sold . I don't trust her at all , I want to give all to my sons and then quit. She always threatens , i want to be separated and live my old age peacefully alone without any property but all I want to give to my sons , not to her . Please suggest a way , I am afraid she can file a false domestic violence case or even to give me poison . I am very tense nowadays and my health is deteriorating.
Never live in fear because that can always be used by someone who is searching for an opportunity to meddle with your life.
Deal with this fear in two ways:
1. For fear of false case filing against you, kindly approach a lawyer who will guide you on how to protect your assets
2. For fear of the way your life is moving about in an unsettling manner, do work on it rather than fear it
- Separation or not, will have to be decided by you and your wife and make it as amicable as possible...
- If there are chances of reconciliation, do lay down some ground rules for both of you which includes deeper level of communication, deeper listening, trust building...

Most relationships sour over a period of time, because 'taking for granted' seeps in, there are unrealistic expectations for one another, children become an excuse for not spending enough time each other, family members somehow get into the equation which allows little room for the couple to understand one another...
the list goes on...
It simply means: Marriage is something that needs constant working on...it requires time, energy and effort...

Hello,I am 72 years old ex psu mechanical engineer,married and have two sons,both married and elder one has two daughters ,younger one has one daughter,elder one is in USA married to vietnamy girl and younger is in India married to relatives girl. My job was without pension but self contributory megrere pension I get.i invested in shares and get some dividend so life can go as lower middle class. I own a small cultivable land in village from my residence,I own a plot in other places which has legal problems Now elder daughter in law wants her daughters to have vietnamy culture so my son made green card for us but I am not comfortable as I become dependent there and I have medical facility in India. Younger daughter in law is not adjustable but does not want to move away from our residence So life has become hell,wife stays in USA separately from son though he bears all expenses,I am in my residence but not healthy situation.younger one is not earning as his earning and out go far job is same and does not want understand Can suggest me way out
Ans: I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you're facing in your family situation. Here are some suggestions that may help:

Communication: Open and honest communication is essential in resolving family conflicts. Encourage all family members to express their feelings and concerns openly, and work together to find mutually acceptable solutions.

Family Counseling: Consider seeking the help of a family counselor or therapist who can facilitate discussions and provide guidance on how to improve communication and resolve conflicts effectively.

Support Networks: Lean on friends, relatives, or support groups who may offer guidance and understanding during difficult times. Sharing your feelings and experiences with others who have been through similar situations can provide valuable support.

Healthcare: Ensure you prioritize your health and well-being. Seek medical attention for any health issues you may be experiencing and maintain a healthy lifestyle through proper diet, exercise, and relaxation techniques.

Legal Advice: Consult with a legal advisor to address any legal issues related to property ownership or other matters. They can provide guidance on how to resolve legal disputes and protect your interests.

Personal Independence: Consider what options are best for your own happiness and well-being. If you're uncomfortable with the idea of relocating to the USA or becoming dependent on others, express your concerns to your family and explore alternative solutions that allow you to maintain your independence and quality of life.

Family Compromise: Encourage your family members to find compromises that consider the needs and desires of everyone involved. Work towards finding solutions that prioritize mutual respect, understanding, and harmony within the family.

Ultimately, finding a way out of difficult family situations requires patience, understanding, and a willingness to work together towards solutions that benefit everyone involved. Consider seeking professional help or guidance to navigate through these challenges effectively.

Sir I am currently a student working as pg resident in government college l. My monthly stipend is 70000 of which I want to use 60000 in investment for upcoming future. I want to continue doing it for 3 years and if I get help from yours kind suggestion I will continue to do so. Humbly request you to guide me sir ?
Ans: It's admirable that you're proactive about investing your stipend for future financial security. Let's craft a strategic investment plan to help you achieve your goals.

Understanding Your Financial Goals
Short-Term Objective (3 Years):
Your primary goal is to invest your monthly stipend over the next three years to build wealth for the future.
This investment horizon allows for a balanced approach that combines growth potential with risk management.
Tailoring an Investment Strategy
Risk Profile Assessment:

As a student with a stable income, you may have a higher risk tolerance, given your long-term investment horizon.
However, it's crucial to strike a balance between risk and return to ensure the safety of your investments.
Diversified Portfolio Allocation:

Consider diversifying your investment across asset classes such as equities, debt, and possibly alternative investments like gold or commodities.
Diversification helps mitigate risk and enhances the potential for long-term growth.
Structuring Your Investment Approach
Equities:

Allocate a portion of your investment towards equities to capitalize on their potential for higher returns over the long term.
Invest in a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap stocks or equity mutual funds to diversify your equity exposure.
Debt Instruments:

Allocate another portion of your investment towards debt instruments like fixed deposits, debt mutual funds, or bonds.
Debt instruments provide stability and regular income, making them suitable for risk mitigation.
Systematic Investment Plan (SIP):

Consider investing through a SIP in mutual funds to benefit from rupee-cost averaging and mitigate the impact of market volatility.
SIPs allow you to invest a fixed amount regularly, regardless of market fluctuations, fostering disciplined investing.
Monitoring and Review
Regular Portfolio Review:

Periodically review your investment portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals and risk tolerance.
Make adjustments as needed based on changing market conditions or personal circumstances.
Continuous Learning:

Stay informed about financial markets and investment strategies to make informed decisions about your portfolio.
Consider seeking guidance from a Certified Financial Planner to optimize your investment strategy.
Conclusion and Encouragement
Your proactive approach towards investing is commendable and lays a strong foundation for your financial future. By implementing a diversified investment strategy and maintaining disciplined investing habits, you're well-positioned to achieve your long-term financial goals.

Iam 57 years old male. Iam going to retire after 3 yrs. I have invested 2. 5 lakhs in icici balance advantage fund . Can i contine investing or change can you advice
Ans: Evaluating Investment Strategy for Retirement
Understanding Your Current Situation
It's commendable that you're actively planning for your retirement. Let's assess your investment in ICICI Balance Advantage Fund and explore whether it aligns with your retirement goals.

Genuine Appreciation for Retirement Planning
Planning for retirement demonstrates foresight and responsibility towards securing your financial future. It's a crucial step towards achieving financial independence in your golden years.

Assessing Your Investment Choice
ICICI Balance Advantage Fund:
This fund follows a dynamic asset allocation strategy, aiming to balance risk and return by adjusting exposure to equities based on market conditions.
It offers the potential for growth while providing downside protection through tactical allocation.
Evaluating Investment Strategy for Retirement
Investment Horizon:

With retirement on the horizon in three years, your investment horizon is relatively short.
Short-term investment goals typically require a more conservative approach to minimize the impact of market volatility.
Risk Tolerance:

As you approach retirement, preserving capital becomes increasingly important.
Consider reassessing your risk tolerance and shifting towards more stable investment options to safeguard your savings.
Considering Alternatives
Debt Funds:

Debt funds offer lower volatility and can provide steady income, making them suitable for retirement portfolios.
Consider allocating a portion of your portfolio to debt funds to enhance stability and reduce overall risk.
Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP):

SWP allows you to systematically withdraw a fixed amount from your investments at regular intervals, providing a steady income stream during retirement.
Explore the possibility of implementing an SWP strategy to meet your income needs post-retirement.
Conclusion and Recommendation
Given your proximity to retirement, it's prudent to reassess your investment strategy and prioritize capital preservation. While ICICI Balance Advantage Fund offers growth potential, it may carry higher risk, which might not align with your current financial objectives.

Considering your retirement timeline, I recommend exploring more conservative options such as debt funds and implementing a systematic withdrawal plan to ensure a steady income stream post-retirement. Consult with a Certified Financial Planner to tailor an investment strategy that suits your retirement goals and risk tolerance.

Hello sir, I'm investing in quant small cap fund(5000 pm) and Aditya Birla Sun life PSU equity(10000pm), how much corpus should I expect after 2 or 3 years.
Ans: Assessing Potential Corpus Growth in 2-3 Years
Understanding Your Investment Strategy
It's great to see your commitment to investing and building wealth for your future. Let's analyze the potential corpus growth based on your current investments.

Compliments on Your Investment Initiative
Your proactive approach to investing is commendable. With careful planning and disciplined execution, you can achieve your financial goals effectively.

Analyzing Investment Horizon and Portfolio
Investment Horizon:

You're targeting a corpus growth within 2-3 years, indicating a short to medium-term investment horizon.
Short-term goals typically require a more conservative investment approach to mitigate risk.
Investment Allocation:

Currently, you're investing in two funds: Quant Small Cap Fund and Aditya Birla Sun Life PSU Equity.
These funds cater to different segments of the market, providing diversification.
Evaluating Potential Corpus Growth
Quant Small Cap Fund:

Small-cap funds are known for their potential for high returns but also carry higher risk.
Given the short investment horizon, anticipate moderate to high fluctuations in returns.
Aditya Birla Sun Life PSU Equity:

PSU equity funds primarily invest in stocks of public sector enterprises, offering stability but moderate growth potential.
Expect relatively lower volatility compared to small-cap funds.
Factors Influencing Corpus Growth
Market Performance:

Equity markets' performance significantly impacts the growth of your investment.
Economic conditions, corporate earnings, and geopolitical factors influence market movements.
Fund Performance:

Past performance of the selected funds provides insight but doesn't guarantee future returns.
Monitor fund performance regularly to assess its alignment with your goals.
Expected Corpus Growth Range
Quant Small Cap Fund:

Considering the high-risk nature of small-cap funds, anticipate a potential growth range of 10-15% annually.
Over 2-3 years, this could translate to a cumulative growth of 20-45%.
Aditya Birla Sun Life PSU Equity:

PSU equity funds typically offer more stability with potential growth in the range of 8-12% annually.
Over 2-3 years, expect a cumulative growth of approximately 16-36%.
Conclusion and Recommendation
Given the investment horizon of 2-3 years, it's crucial to balance risk and return expectations. While small-cap funds offer higher growth potential, they also come with increased volatility. PSU equity funds, on the other hand, provide stability but moderate growth.

Considering your risk tolerance and investment objectives, a combination of both funds can provide a balanced approach to corpus growth. Regularly review your portfolio's performance and adjust your investment strategy as needed to stay on track towards your financial goals.

Sir, my son is now 27 years old and would like to invest approx Rs. 10,000- 12,000 per month for the next 15-20 years and an approximate increase of 10-15% per year. Kindly suggest which type of investment should be planned in addition to any other suggestion's which would create a substantial monthly income after 20 years taking into consideration the money value and inflation
Ans: That's a fantastic plan for your son. Starting investments early creates a solid financial future. Let's explore some options to build a good monthly income after 20 years:

Building a Strong Investment Portfolio:

Diversification is key: Invest in a mix of asset classes like Equity (stocks), Debt (bonds), and Hybrid (mix of equity and debt) to manage risk and target long-term growth.
Consider Equity Mutual Funds: Actively managed Equity Mutual Funds can potentially generate good returns over the long term. They are professionally managed by experts.
Investing for Growth and Beating Inflation:

Systematic Investment Plan (SIP): Regular monthly investments (SIP) of Rs. 10,000-12,000 with a planned 10-15% annual increase is a smart approach. It inculcates discipline and leverages rupee-cost averaging.
Long-term horizon: A 20-year investment timeframe allows for market fluctuations to even out, focusing on long-term growth that outpaces inflation.
Planning for Future Income:

Goal-based investing: While aiming for monthly income, consider your son's future goals like retirement or higher studies. Tailor the investment mix accordingly.
Review and Rebalance: Regularly review the portfolio performance and rebalance allocations if needed to maintain the desired asset class mix.
Getting Professional Advice:

Talk to a CFP professional: A Certified Financial Planner can create a personalized investment plan for your son, considering his risk tolerance and financial goals.
Investment planning is crucial: A CFP can help navigate different investment options and choose the ones that best suit your son's needs.
Remember: Consistent investing, diversification, and professional guidance are key to building a strong financial future.

Hi, I have a query regarding health insurance. I have 2 policies from different providers. 1 policy has copay clause. Can I claim the copay amount from the other provider?
Ans: Claiming Copay from Another Health Insurance Policy
That's a good question! Unfortunately, you cannot claim the copay amount you pay under one health insurance policy from another provider. Here's why:

Copay is a fixed amount you share with your first insurer for covered medical expenses. It reduces your premium but requires you to pay upfront.
Each insurance policy works independently. They only cover your expenses as per their terms and conditions.
Here's how things work:

You file a claim with the insurer that has the copay clause.
They approve the claim amount after deducting the copay amount.
You pay the copay directly to the hospital or yourself (depending on the policy).
Alternatives to Consider:

Choose plans without copay: If copays are causing trouble, consider switching to plans with higher premiums but no copay requirement.
Increase coverage limits: If your current plans have low coverage limits, explore options with higher limits to minimize out-of-pocket expenses.
Speak to a CFP Professional:

A Certified Financial Planner can review your health insurance plans and suggest options that better suit your needs. They can also help you understand coverage details and claim procedures.

Remember: It's important to choose health insurance plans that complement each other and provide comprehensive coverage.

Im 62 year old and retired person. I am looking for health insurance policy for me and my wife who is 52 year old and housewife. I am suffering from high BP, Cervical and Lumber spondylitis, knee osteoarthritis, IBS and taking medicines for last 10-12 years. My wife has hypothyroidism, spondylitis and diabetes Please suggest better health insurance policy. Also suggest whether individual or family policy will be better Regards
Ans: I understand you're looking for a good health insurance plan for you and your wife. That's a smart decision, especially considering your health conditions. Let's break it down to help you choose the best option:

Understanding Pre-existing Conditions:

Your existing health conditions (BP, spondylitis, etc.) are called pre-existing conditions. These might affect your policy options and premiums.
Individual vs. Family Plan:

Family plan: Covers you and your wife together under one plan. It can be cheaper, but coverage limits get shared.
Individual plans: Separate plans for each of you. More flexibility, but might cost slightly more overall.
Considering Your Needs:

Pre-existing condition coverage: Look for plans that cover pre-existing conditions after a waiting period (if any).
Hospitalization coverage: Choose a plan with sufficient coverage for hospitalization expenses.
Medicines: Check if the plan covers medicines you take regularly.
Finding the Right Plan:

Talk to a CFP professional: A Certified Financial Planner can assess your needs and recommend suitable plans from different insurers.
Compare plans online: Many insurance companies offer online plan comparisons. Look for plans that cover pre-existing conditions and have good network hospitals in your area.
Here's a quick tip: Since your wife is younger and has a different health profile, individual plans might be better. This allows you to get customized coverage based on your specific needs.

Remember: Don't hesitate to ask questions! Choosing the right health insurance is important, and a CFP professional can guide you through the process.