Home > Relationship > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

Kanchan Rai  |294 Answers  |Ask -

Relationships Expert, Mind Coach - Answered on Jun 02, 2024

Kanchan Rai has 10 years of experience in therapy, nurturing soft skills and leadership coaching. She is the founder of the Let Us Talk Foundation, which offers mindfulness workshops to help people stay emotionally and mentally healthy.
Rai has a degree in leadership development and customer centricity from Harvard Business School, Boston. She is an internationally certified coach from the International Coaching Federation, a global organisation in professional coaching.... more
Asked by Anonymous - Jun 02, 2024Hindi

Ma'am my ex is blackmailing me..that I have to came in relationship with him.. otherwise he will show photos of your to my dad..and in past he physically abused me to..that's why I broke up with him..but now he and his friends are blackmailing me..and he my family would come to know this..they will kill me ..they are so so strict ma'am..ma'am what I should do...?? Can I file a case...but for this I have to contact a ngo....that my parents can't find....ma'am can u give me any contact number of any ngo...which can help me... please ma'am

Ans: I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's really important to prioritize your safety and well-being right now.

First, try to reach out to someone you trust—a friend, a relative, or a mentor. Having someone supportive by your side can make a big difference. Sharing what you're experiencing with someone you trust can provide emotional support and help you think through your options.

You should also consider contacting the authorities. Blackmail and physical abuse are serious crimes, and the police can provide protection and take legal action against your ex. It might feel intimidating, but the authorities are there to help protect you.

Additionally, reaching out to NGOs that specialize in supporting people in abusive situations can be incredibly helpful. They can offer you legal advice, counseling, and sometimes even a safe place to stay. For instance, the National Women's Helpline (112) is available 24/7 to provide immediate support. The National Commission for Women (NCW) can also offer assistance; you can reach them visiting their website.

You deserve to feel safe and respected, and there are people and resources ready to help you through this. Remember, you're not alone. Taking these steps can help you regain control and find the support you need.

You may like to see similar questions and answers below


Anu Krishna  |1054 Answers  |Ask -

Relationships Expert, Mind Coach - Answered on Feb 26, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Feb 24, 2024Hindi
Hi Anu, I am Neha, I had a relationship with a guy and he turned out to be a Blackmailer & Abuser. He has my private photos & videos and he extorted almost 200,000rs by always threatening me that he will talk to my dad or come home. He planned it all very well. After a point when I felt suicidal I raised a complaint against him in the police station. But even after that he was forcing me in the relationship and he continued messaging me and even threatened me if I asked him to return my money back. Ever since then I have been completely traumatised and not been able to moved ahead in life. When I was going through all the harrassment and torture I didnt have right help or a good lawyer. Now finally I found a lawyer who is ready to take up my case and sue this monstor. But now it has been 2 months since he has come back and troubled me. Yet I am not at peace for all this torture and trauma that I went through last year because of this man. So I badly want to go ahead and sue him, but I have these 2 main fears which gives me shivers. 1. When I complain, will my photos/videos be misused by the investigating officers (cops, I understand not all men are bad). I am really really scared about this part. The thought of of few more men having to see my pvt videos is giving me nightmares and not letting me take a step forward. 2. Once I file this case, I have the fear that what if he wants to take revenge on me later. There are lot of such thoughts & questions that are conctantly running over my head not letting me sleep or be in peace or continue my regular routine. Pls advice what needs to be done. How to overcome this fear and punish a person like this for victims like us . How do we gather courage when we are in a vunerable situation while we still want to fight for justice and stand up for ourselves. Or should we just put everything behind and act like nothing has happened and look at the future ?? PLs help
Ans: Dear Anonymous,
This is really unfortunate that you are going through this turmoil.
A lawyer who specializes in cyber crimes will be a good bet for you. Obviously law will take its own course in at its pace.
As for the fears of what he is going to do; know that a bully loses his/her power over you once you stop showing fear to them.
The first step is to actually take your parents into confidence as this is what he has been threatening you about. Okay, your Dad will yell, scream, threaten you as well...but at least, the next time the blackmailer calls and threatens to tell your Dad, you can keep a very confident silent posture. That will weaken his stance a bit.
Nothing better than to have your family support at this time and I am sure as parents the initial anger and disappointment will turn into concern and then into support and care. Wait this out...

Having said this, you have been foolish enough to allow another person to film you. Enough has been shown on reality shows about this. Trusting someone blindly can have serious consequences, So, keep this as a lesson learned...

Turn to your parents for support and the police for immediate action (Your lawyer might be able to turn this to the lady police) and a lawyer for legal action. Usually these blackmailers straighten out after a good thrashing by the cops; so you need not worry about revenge but do mention it to the cops. I am sure they have dealt with many such cases and will advise you accordingly. Be wise and in control of yourself henceforth.

All the best!

..Read more

Love Guru

Love Guru   |187 Answers  |Ask -

Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 16, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Mar 27, 2024Hindi
Hi mam plz help me to solve my problem , I was in relation with a guy I met him in office , and he is good boy because he helped me alot in my tasks , slowly I got attracted to him , and the attraction turns into liking ... I did not refused what he says I have to do it ..that time I was engaged ...and he wants me to meet him privately and refused that sir I am engaged I can't do this ..but he threatens if you will not come i will tell to your fiance and it will affect to your marriage ..I am agreeing what he says and he forced me to do this ..now I am married and my husband is abroad ..now he threating and harrassing me for s*x ...he says he will tell your husband ..I am in so much of stress plz help me mam to get rid of this situation what should I do if he tells my husband ..he will ruin my life and can't involve my parents they are both patient ...he is threating me so much if I tell to police they will involve my parents as well which I don't want ...I blocked him from all the social media but he kept messaging because I am getting notification from blocked messages ..and he keep threating me
Ans: The first thing you should do is come clean to your husband. Spare him the sordid details and just tell him this ex-boyfriend is trying to stir up trouble for you both. How long do you want to remain so stressed? Tell him and end the matter once and for all. I hope he has the good sense to accept your past. And then ignore this idiot, period. Once your husband knows, his game is up. With your husband’s support you may even consider filing a police complaint to teach him a lesson.

..Read more

Latest Questions
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds