Nikunj

Nikunj Saraf  |308 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds Expert - Answered on Mar 18, 2023

I’m investing in following MF’s 1. Axis Focused 25 Fund – 5000 /months and 10% yearly Step up 2. Axis Long Term Equity Fund – 5000/ month and 10% yearly Step up 3. Axis Small Cap Fund – 5000/ month and 10% yearly Step up 4. Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund – 2500/ month 5. Mirae Asset Mid Cap Fund – 5000/ month and 10% yearly step up 6. Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund – 5000/ month My investment horizon is 15 years , moderately high risk appetite with focus on maximum Corpus Build. Kindly advice if my portfolio needs any change ? Thanks.

Ans: Hi Value Investor. It appears that your portfolio has a sound report. It would be advisable to reconsider the Axis AMC with better peer schemes except Axis Smallcap fund.

Hardik

Hardik Parikh  |106 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, Mutual Fund Expert - Answered on Apr 20, 2023

My name is Santosh Roy 47years I'm investing in following MFs. 1. Axis Bluechip Fund -- Rs 1,000/month 2. ICICI prudential focused Bluechip fund-Rs.1000/month 3. Kotak Small Cap Fund -- Rs 2,000/month 4. Mirae Asset Largecap Fund -- Rs 1000/month 5.Nippon India Small Cap Fund -- Rs 2500/month 6.Kotak Flexi Cap Fund -- Rs 4000/month. 7. Quant active fund- Rs.2000/month 8. UTI Nifty 50 index fund- Rs.2000/month 9. Canara robeco flexi cap fund - Rs.2000/month My investment horizon is 15 years, moderately high risk appetite with focus on maximum corpus build. Kindly advise if my portfolio needs any change? Thanks.
Ans: Dear Santosh,

Thank you for sharing your mutual fund investments with me. It's great to see that you've been proactive in planning for your future. Based on the details provided, I understand that you have a moderately high risk appetite and are looking to build a maximum corpus over a 15-year investment horizon.

Your current portfolio has a good mix of large-cap, small-cap, flexi-cap, and index funds, which is important for diversification. I do have a few suggestions to consider for optimizing your portfolio:

Axis Bluechip Fund and ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip Fund: As both funds are focused on large-cap stocks, you might consider consolidating these investments into one fund. You can choose the one you feel has the better performance and management. This will help you streamline your portfolio and minimize overlap.
Kotak Small Cap Fund and Nippon India Small Cap Fund: Similarly, you have two small-cap funds, and you might want to consider consolidating these investments as well. This will reduce redundancy and allow you to focus on the best-performing small-cap fund.
UTI Nifty 50 Index Fund: Since you already have exposure to large-cap funds, you could consider increasing your investment in this index fund, as it's a low-cost option to gain access to the top 50 companies in India. This will help in maintaining diversification while keeping costs low.
Quant Active Fund: This fund has a unique investment approach and might add some unpredictability to your portfolio. You could consider reallocating the funds invested in this scheme to the other funds you hold, which have a more consistent track record.
After you make these adjustments, you could reallocate the funds saved from consolidation into the remaining funds based on your risk appetite and return expectations. For instance, you can increase your allocation to the flexi-cap and small-cap funds if you're comfortable with higher risk for potentially higher returns.

Lastly, it's crucial to periodically review your portfolio and make adjustments as needed. As your goals, risk appetite, and market conditions change, you may need to rebalance your investments to ensure they remain aligned with your objectives.

Please note that these suggestions are based on the limited information provided and should not be considered as personalized financial advice. I strongly recommend consulting a professional financial advisor before making any significant changes to your investment portfolio.

Best of luck with your investments!

Warm regards

I am 50 working professional. Below is my MF portfolio . 1. Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund 2.6 lakhs + 10K SIP 2. PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund 1.85 L Value + 5K SIP 3. Quant ELSS Tax Saver Fund 80K 4. Axis Small Cap Fund 1.85 Lakhs Value + 5K SIP 5. Axis Gold Fund 75K Value + 5K SIP 6. Canara Robeco Bluechip Equity Fund 70K 7. Quant Multi Asset Fund 50K 8. SBI Magnum Income Fund 50K 9. ICICI Prudential Equity & Debt Fund 50K 10. Quant Active Fund 50K 11. ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund 25K I want to build a retirement corpus of 2 crore in 10 years. I am planning to invest around 50K every month. Plus i have. surplus of 4Lakks which i want to invest in few of the MFs above. Planning to exit Canara Robeco bluechip and Axis Small cap soon. Please suggest if any changes you want me to do.
Ans: Given your goal of building a retirement corpus of 2 crores in 10 years and your current portfolio, here are some suggestions:

Increase SIP Contributions: Consider increasing your SIP amounts in high-performing funds like Parag Parikh Flexi Cap and PGIM India Midcap Opportunities Fund, which have shown good potential for long-term growth.

Review and Consolidate: Evaluate the performance of all your funds and consider consolidating your portfolio to fewer, well-performing funds to simplify management and potentially enhance returns.

Focus on Quality: Prioritize funds with strong track records, consistent performance, and experienced fund management teams. Consider adding large-cap and diversified equity funds for stability and balanced growth.

Asset Allocation: Ensure a balanced asset allocation across equity, debt, and gold funds based on your risk tolerance and investment horizon. Reallocate surplus funds strategically to maintain a diversified portfolio.

Regular Review: Monitor your portfolio regularly and make adjustments as needed based on changes in market conditions, fund performance, and your financial goals.

Consider consulting with a financial advisor for personalized advice tailored to your specific circumstances and goals.

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024

I am a 26 years old girl completed my studies, trying to get a job, 2 years back I fell in love online with a man of 32 years old, we have not met yet physically. He is working on a very small salary in a village i.e. his hometown. He can't get a good government job or private job now due to lack of experience and age. We love each other a lot with all our flaws. My family is strictly against it due to caste difference, low salary, he lives 1600 km away, background differences. Overall they don't trust him and our love and are emotionally blackmailing me to get married with someone they choose. And the thought alone of leaving him makes me sad

I am sorry for the challenges you are facing. I understand how difficult it must be to leave a person you love. Having said that, I would also like to point out that living a decent life is not cheap. You are currently unemployed and your partner has a low salary; it will not be sustainable in the long run. I am not asking you to leave him and marry someone else; all I am suggesting is don't rush. Take the time to find a decent job and ask your partner to do the same. Once you think you both are earning a good amount of money, put forth the idea of your marriage again to your parents.

Now the most important thing, you have met him online and never met him in real life. Is it worth taking this kind of risk before verifying everything in person? I am sure he is genuine but there is no harm in cross-checking. And I can't really blame your parents for having their doubts. Please don't rush. One wrong decision can ruin the rest of your life. Take your time, think this through, and meet him in person, most likely in your city and in a public space. Do a thorough background check. It is easy to get fooled when you are in love.

Again, please don't rush. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Hi, I am 25+ years of old. Earning a handsome ammount of money arround 1lakh. I am a introvert, kind of kanjus you can say. I don't have any gf. I had one one one-sided relationship but because of low self confidence I didn't able to express my feelings. I don't feel myself as a ugly person but I am over waight, facing hair fall recently that's why I lose confidence approaching girls. I tried few dating apps but use. As I am a introvert I don't like to go to parties but definitely become comfortable after knowing the other person. Currently in Bangalore but being from a remote area I don't feel comfortable approaching a girl. What should I do.

I understand how you are feeling. First of all, you are not alone in this. Secondly, it's time you recognize how much you have achieved in life. Kudos to that.

Now, coming to your concern, being an introvert is not an issue, though it comes with its own set of challenges. I understand that you feel shy when it comes to talking to women. That's where dating apps come in. You have seen no results on them; I hear you. But give it another try, but this time, with a fool-proof strategy. First off, write an appealing bio. It's equivalent to writing a cover letter- you put forward your best attributes and convince people why they should date you. You can mention your achievements, you can be honest and disclose that you are an introvert, mention what you have to offer as a partner and don't forget to mention what you are looking for in your partner. This would give your potential matches a concise idea of you and also help attract the right people. Second, display image matters. While I am not encouraging you to put up an over-edited picture hiding your imperfections, do not put up the worst one either. Make sure it's recent, decent, and of you and you alone, and not in a group. Third, if you like somebody, don't be afraid to send a message. You are not committing to them, nor do you have to see them in person. Leave a message, interact, only if things go well, meet in person. There's no rush and no prior commitment. Fourth and the most important one, be patient. The right match can take a while but when you do find them, it will be worth the wait.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024