Vivek

Vivek Lala  |251 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, MF Expert - Answered on May 19, 2024

Vivek Lala has been working as a tax planner since 2018. His expertise lies in making personalised tax budgets and tax forecasts for individuals. As a tax advisor, he takes pride in simplifying tax complications for his clients using simple, easy-to-understand language.
Swapnil Question by Swapnil on May 19, 2024Hindi

Requirement - 2 crore Time - 30 years Risk - Moderate Sir based on above requirements please suggest - 1. How much amount of SIP do I need to done 2. In which fund I need to invest to get the required amount.

Ans: In order to get to 2crs your sip amount has to be Rs.5800 for the next 30yrs
Risk in equity markets is the volatility that you see in the short term, due to the longer duration of your investment that risk gets mitigated
The funds that you can select are as follows :
Small cap 30%
Mid cap 30
Multi cap 20%
Large and mid cap 10%
Thematic funds 10% ( can be changed as per requirement )

Generally the investment amount should be 30% of your gross salary to get to your goals faster , so if you can do a higher investment per month, you should aim for that
Do let me know yours views on this on my LinkedIn profile, attaching my profile :
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ca-vivek-lala-21a2038b?utm_source=share&utm_campaign=share_via&utm_content=profile&utm_medium=android_app

Sir, best SIP to invest in monthly basis having bugest of INR 10 TO 15K.
Ans: I have no idea about your age, future financial goals, your risk profile and your existing investments. So, while giving one suggested solution to you, I’m assuming that you’re young (less than 40 years of age), are open to equity investing, have a long term horizon of at least 7 years or more and would have the nerves to not get unduly perturbed if markets go temporarily down.

Very first point to note is that when you write that you’re investing for 20 years, please do imbibe it into your thinking too that you’re in it for a very long term. Typically, investors change their investing horizon as per the market conditions – if markets remain good, they’re long term players, if markets turn down, they start exiting in panic and become short term players. Please remember that markets will always give great returns only if you ‘spend time in the markets, rather than try timing the market’.

Since you’re just 37 years old, you have a huge age advantage (those younger have even more advantage!) – use it to your benefit. I have no idea about your other investments, your future financial goals and your risk profile (implying how much volatility are you comfortable with in the markets).

So, I’m just giving you a high-equity portfolio which is a long term portfolio but needs to be reviewed and maybe rebalanced every year. I’m also assuming that you have no other funds or equity.
The portfolio that I would suggest is:-
1. Large Cap - 20% of SIP amount - HDFC Index Fund
2. Flexicap – 20% - Parag Parikh Flexicap Fund
3. Midcap – 20% - Kotak Emerging Equity Fund
4. Aggressive Hybrid – 20% - Canara Robeco Equity Hybrid Fund
5. Small Cap – 20% - SBI Small Cap Fund

In the above portfolio, the last, Small Cap category, will be very volatile and you will need to get used to it. If you’re not up to its gyrations, stick to first four with 25% allocation each.

Sir I want to invest in sip as I am targeting to get 1 cr in 10 years. In which sip should I invest and how much amount monthly
Ans: Congratulations on your commitment to financial planning! Let's embark on a journey to design a strategic investment plan that aligns with your long-term goals.

Assessment of Financial Goals

Understanding your financial aspirations is crucial for devising an effective investment strategy. By comprehensively assessing your goals, risk tolerance, and investment horizon, we can tailor a plan to suit your needs.

Evaluation of Current Financial Situation

Before charting the course ahead, let's evaluate your current financial landscape. This involves analyzing your income, expenses, existing investments, and liabilities to gain a holistic understanding of your financial standing.

Strategic Asset Allocation

Based on your risk appetite and investment horizon, we'll craft a diversified portfolio comprising a mix of asset classes such as equities, debt instruments, and alternative investments. This balanced approach aims to optimize returns while mitigating risks.

Actively managed funds offer several advantages over passive index funds or ETFs. They are overseen by experienced fund managers who actively research and select investments, aiming to outperform the market. This proactive approach can potentially generate higher returns and adapt to changing market conditions.

Risks of Direct Funds vs. Benefits of Regular Funds through MFD with CFP Credential

Investing directly in mutual funds may seem convenient, but it comes with inherent risks such as lack of professional guidance, emotional decision-making, and inadequate diversification. On the other hand, investing through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) accredited Mutual Fund Distributor (MFD) offers several benefits, including personalized advice, goal-oriented planning, and access to a diversified range of funds tailored to your needs.

Exploring Investment Avenues

With a strategic framework in place, let's explore various investment avenues suited to your goals and risk profile:

Equity Mutual Funds: These funds offer long-term growth potential by investing in a diversified portfolio of stocks across different market segments. They are ideal for investors with a higher risk appetite and a long-term investment horizon.

Debt Mutual Funds: Debt funds provide stability and regular income through investments in fixed-income securities such as government bonds, corporate bonds, and money market instruments. They are suitable for conservative investors seeking capital preservation and steady returns.

Systematic Investment Plans (SIPs): SIPs offer a disciplined approach to investing, allowing you to invest small amounts regularly over time. This systematic investment strategy harnesses the power of compounding and helps in rupee cost averaging, reducing the impact of market volatility.

By adopting a strategic investment approach, leveraging the expertise of a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), and diversifying your portfolio across various asset classes, you can pave the way for long-term financial success and achieve your life goals.

Sir i want to start a sip for 5k please suggest an sip for a long term investment. Current sip amount is 1k in hdfc mid cap opp. My age is 20
Ans: It's great to see your interest in starting a SIP at such a young age! Since you're already investing in HDFC Mid Cap Opportunities Fund, let's explore some other SIP options for long-term investment:

Large Cap Funds: Consider investing in large-cap funds, which typically invest in well-established companies with a proven track record. These funds offer stability and steady growth potential over the long term. Look for funds with a consistent performance history and a focus on quality stocks.
Multi-Cap Funds: Multi-cap funds invest across companies of different sizes, offering diversification and flexibility. These funds have the freedom to shift between large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap stocks based on market conditions. Choose a fund with a seasoned fund manager and a disciplined investment approach.
Index Funds: Index funds replicate the performance of a specific market index, such as the Nifty 50 or Sensex. These funds have lower expense ratios and provide broad market exposure. Investing in index funds can be a cost-effective way to participate in the equity markets over the long term.
Balanced Advantage Funds: Balanced advantage funds dynamically allocate between equity and debt based on market valuations. These funds aim to provide stable returns with lower volatility. Consider investing in a balanced advantage fund for a balanced risk-return profile.
Global Funds: Global funds invest in international equities, providing exposure to global markets and diversification beyond domestic stocks. These funds offer the opportunity to benefit from global economic growth and innovation. Choose a global fund with a focus on quality companies and strong fundamentals.
Before selecting a SIP, assess your risk tolerance, investment goals, and time horizon. Consult with a Certified Financial Planner or investment advisor to choose a SIP that aligns with your financial objectives and risk profile. By starting early and investing consistently, you're laying the foundation for long-term wealth creation and financial security. Keep up the good work, and best of luck with your investment journey!

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Jul 12, 2024

Hello sir my name is Santu Chakraborty.I am 34 year old now unmarried. My qualification is Bsc botany honours with 2nd class +diploma in mechanical engineering with distinction +btech in mechanical engineering from government engineering college west Bengal with 7.5 dgpa.I have 6 years of teaching experience in private diploma engineering college and now I working as a vocational teacher in automobile engineering department in gov high school.In my early phase of life I am going through lots of Misguide,seveare Anxiety issue. Nobody can help me on that phase.I recover mostly by my own after various dillema.I want to work in mechanical r and d company, Mechanical design basis company and also upgrade my teaching carrier. How can I start my journey at this age ?what is the risk factor also? Please tell me. I am very enthusiastic dedicated person. I have no guide in my home. My father is vegetable seller.
Ans: Hi Santu Chakraborty,

This is a really exhaustive query.

The journey thru' your acquisition of qualifications has been vast!

In the course of your life you are now suffering from SNIOP (SUSCEPTIBLE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE) this happens when you let others control your life.

I have this poem.. Especially for one's like you!

The Guy in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.
He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.
You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

Dale Wimbrow (c) 1934

Get the enthusiasm going, don't get embroiled in what life has been before!

Take a stranglehold of your life and make it BIG!

The opportunities are.. Miracles waiting to happen, what are you waiting for.. You are the catalyst!?
Maxim Emmanuel.

Pick up yourself don't be a victim of self pity.

If you do need further professional advice happy to assist
https://m.me/maxim.emmanuel.2024