Tax Expert - Answered on Sep 18, 2023

Mihir Tanna has more than 10 years of experience in direct taxation, including filing income tax returns.
Asked by Anonymous - Sep 17, 2023Translate

I have received leave encashment on retirement in FY 24-25. But I have retired on January,23. Being a PSU employee , can i avail tax exemption of Rs 25 L on leave encashment Payment?

Ans: In all the relevant provisions of Sec 10(10AA) used the word "received". Thus, in my view, date of receipt is important and accordingly, if LTA is received in FY 2024-25, revised limit applicable from 1.4.2023 will be applicable