Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Dec 06, 2022

Vikas Question by Vikas on Dec 06, 2022Translate

Randomly google suggested me ur ask mf and read this page many times, today i have an question regarding my investments.

Mainly i am investing for my retirement but i want to spare something for my 2 daughter's marriages, but not able to decide how. I have created two folios myself without any knowledge, read google, watched youtube and started investing... First folio, all direct fund sips:

1. axis nifty 100 index-500

2. parag parikh flexi-1000

3. axis small cap-500

4. nippon small cap-500

5. icici midcap 150 index-500

6. icici nasdaq 100-100

7. icici technology-500

Total-4000rs

Second folio with wife id:

1. pgim india flexi cap-1000

2. axis small cap-1000

3. nippon small cap-1000

4. axis nifty 100 index-lumpsump only

Total 3000rs

Started from 500rs month and reached 7000 in 1.5years, have plan to step up sip by 5-10% every year now.

Sir, daughters age are 13 and 7. didnt know about sip and mf 2 years back, else i wud have done this from many years.

Kindly suggest me best for future. 

Goals r daughters education (priority)

Daughters marriage (secondary)

Retirement (last but very imp.)

Ans: The question is in detail however the corpus required and when it is required, kindly let know these 2 details for proper planning.

Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Dec 28, 2021

Below is my portfolio. I would highly appreciate if you can suggest if it is good or any changes are required. The total current investment in SIP is Rs 12,000 (which now I want to make Rs 15,000). Kindly advise a good additional SIP for investing Rs 3,000 monthly. Also let me know if lumpsum investment in MFs is good or any changes are required. I am now 45 years of age and my total savings as of date is Rs 13 lakhs only. Kindly advise how much more investment I would have to make to collect a good amount for my sons' education and retirement. I have two sons aged 12 and eight. My current salary is Rs 1.5 lakhs and my wife is also working with a salary of Rs 30,000. Also I keep breaking my SIP and lumpsum investment in between for emergency use. Please do let me know if that will affect my long term plan of collecting funds. My SIPs are: Mutual Funds Plan Amt invested per month (long term) Axis Focused 25 Growth Rs 2,000 ICICI Prudential Focused Equity Growth Rs 2,000 Canara Robeco Emerging Equities Regular Growth Rs 3,000 Kotak Standard Multicap Fund Growth Rs 2,000 L&T Midcap Growth Rs 2,000 Motilal Oswal Multicap 35 Growth Rs 2,000 I have lumpsum investment in: Mutual Funds Plan Amt Invested (long term) DSP Focus Growth Rs 1 lakh (invested in April 2016) ICICI Pru Long Term Equity Fund (Tax Saver) Growth Rs 1 lakh (invested in April 2016) Kotak Bluechip Fund Growth Rs 1 lakh (invested in April 2016) Nippon India Dynamic Bond Fund Growth Rs 1 lakh (invested in April 2016) Mirae Asset Focused Fund Growth Rs 50,000 (invested in April 2019) Mirae Asset Midcap Fund Growth Rs 25,000 (invested in April 2019)
Ans: These are good funds, please continue.

Financial Planner - Answered on Jan 09, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Dec 31, 2023Translate
I have a corpus of 1 cr in mf with an ongoing monthly sip of 85k..have invested 6 lacs in stocks..I am investing 1.5 lacs each In both ppf and sukanya samridhi scheme for the past 5 years.. I also have invested in hdfc sanchay annuity plan around 5.5 lacs annually for the past 4 years which will give me a monthly income from the 12th years of 50 k.. I have FDs of around 3 cr which is giving me a return of 7% annually.. I have 2 kids and I am 43 yrs old. I am looking at building a corpus of 40 cr plus on my retirement.. I have been investing in mf since 2017.. The funds that I am investing in are 1) axis.mid cap 2) canara robeco emerging equities 3) Nippon small cap 4) Parag Parikh flexi cap 5) quant flexi cap 6) Mirae asset mid and larg cap 7) icici nifty 50 index 8) SBI focussed equity 9) hdfc balanced advantage fund 10) SBI equity hybrid fund Plz suggest if these funds are fine to reach a target of 40 cr plus in the next 17 years... My kids are 10 and 4 yrs old respectively and I want to keep 1.5 cr plus for their education. When they attain the age of 18 years respectively. Kindly suggest do I need to change the investment plan and mutual funds or should I continue with the same strategy to achieve my goal.
Ans: You can not reach to your target of 40 crores plus education corpus of 1.5 cr for 2 children as most of your money is getting invested in fixed income type of instruments, since your goal is still 17 years away you can convert theses fixed income in mutual funds.
Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |599 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Mar 03, 2024

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 02, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Mar 02, 2024Translate
As part of a couple in our early 30s, along with our elderly parents, we have a combined annual income of Rs 1.08 crores. How can we collectively plan for both our retirement and the financial well-being of our parents in the long run?
Ans: Balancing your financial needs and that of your parents, while planning for retirement, requires a comprehensive strategy. Here's a roadmap to get you started:

1. Understand your financial situation:

Gather information about:

• Income: List down your combined annual income (Rs 1.08 crore) and any other sources of income like rental income or investments.
• Expenses: Track your monthly expenses for a few months to understand your spending habits.
• Debts: List down any outstanding debts like mortgages, car loans, etc., including your parents' debts if applicable.
• Retirement benefits: Check your eligibility and potential benefits from social security or employer-sponsored retirement plans.
• Parents' needs: Estimate your parents' current and future financial needs, including healthcare costs.

2. Set retirement goals:

• Desired retirement age: Decide when you and your partner wish to retire.
• Desired lifestyle: Determine the lifestyle you envision in retirement, considering travel, hobbies, and potential healthcare needs.
• Financial goals: Based on your desired lifestyle and life expectancy, calculate the estimated corpus (total sum) required for your retirement. Consider inflation while making these calculations.

3. Create a financial plan:

• Debt management: Prioritise paying off high-interest debts to free up future income for savings and investments.
• Budgeting: Create a budget that allocates funds for essential expenses, savings, and debt repayments. You can involve your parents in creating a budget for their expenses as well.
• Savings and investments: Explore various investment options like mutual funds, PPF (Public Provident Fund), or NPS (National Pension Scheme) based on your risk tolerance and investment horizon. Utilize tax-advantaged retirement accounts like 401(k)s or IRAs if available to you.
• Healthcare planning: Consider health insurance plans for yourselves and your parents to manage potential medical costs in the future.

4. Open communication and support:

• Discuss openly: Have open and honest conversations with your partner and parents about your financial situation, goals, and expectations. This fosters transparency and builds trust within the family.
• Seek professional guidance: Consulting a financial advisor can help you create a personalized plan considering your specific financial situation and retirement goals. They can also guide you on investment strategies and risk management.

Additional considerations:

• Government schemes: Explore government schemes for senior citizens like the Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS) or the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) that may benefit your parents.
• Downsizing: Consider downsizing your living situation or exploring alternative housing options in retirement to potentially reduce living expenses.
• Part-time work: If feasible, consider continuing part-time work in retirement to supplement your income and maintain an active lifestyle.

Remember, this is a general framework, and it's crucial to tailor it to your specific circumstances. Consulting a financial advisor can provide personalised guidance and ensure your financial plan considers all the complexities involved.
Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |62 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on Mar 02, 2024