M Question by M on Sep 22, 2023Hindi

I have purchased shares of a company in public issue in1995 in joint name of my spouse and myself. Surname of my Mrs. is given as that of mine (after marriage). The company subsequently gone into problem and was taken over by some other company in year 2000. I have no communication of these developments as I shifted my residence to a different city. Now the new company on approaching, has given new share certificate in our joint names. However, I could not open demat account as per name mentioned in the share certificate since, my spouse surname mentioned in PAN and Aadhar are as per her school / office records (prior to marriage). The company is also not responding to my request to change surname of my spouse as per PAN / Aadhar. Pl advise the course of action as I am not getting dividend nor able to sell away shares, as they are not in demat form.dem

Ans: It seems like you're facing a challenging situation regarding the ownership and management of shares purchased jointly with your spouse. Here's a suggested course of action:

Contact the Company: Make another attempt to reach out to the company that issued the new share certificates. Clearly explain the situation and provide documentation, such as marriage certificates and identification documents, to support your request for a correction in the surname on the share certificates.
Legal Advice: If the company remains unresponsive or unwilling to cooperate, consider seeking legal advice from a lawyer specializing in corporate law or securities law. They can assess your situation, provide guidance on your rights as a shareholder, and assist in taking legal action if necessary.
Update Personal Records: Meanwhile, ensure that all personal records, including PAN and Aadhar, are updated to reflect the correct surname. This will help resolve any discrepancies and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements when opening a demat account or conducting other financial transactions.
Explore Alternative Solutions: While pursuing the correction of the surname on the share certificates, explore alternative options for managing the shares. This may include finding a trusted family member or friend who already has a demat account and can hold the shares on your behalf until the surname issue is resolved.
Stay Informed: Keep yourself informed about any developments related to the company and its shares. Monitor communication channels, such as official announcements, shareholder newsletters, or the company's website, to stay updated on any changes or opportunities to address your concerns.
Remember to document all communications and efforts made to resolve the issue, as this may be useful in case of future legal proceedings or disputes. It's essential to approach the situation calmly and persistently while seeking a resolution that aligns with your rights as a shareholder.

Dr Nagarajan J S K

Dr Nagarajan J S K   |47 Answers  |Ask -

Health Science and Pharmaceutical Careers Expert - Answered on Jul 20, 2024

Dr Nagarajan J S K

What is better to choose between vet or bpharm (I am a gen category student).According to my research I came to know that in today's market the bpharm graduates are not even considered as reputated pharmacists,after the degree too they get placements of 12k-15k per month only and growth even after a master's is not much. Whereas in vet gov vacancies are open but will everyone get the gov jobs ? Also in coming years what are the demands of these both fields and what is better to choose
Ans: Hi,
It seems there may be some misunderstanding and disappointment regarding the analysis of job opportunities in the pharmaceutical field. It's important to note that the pharmaceutical sector still holds promising prospects. However, it is essential for candidates to acquire in-depth knowledge. Completing a B.Pharm alone does not guarantee comprehensive expertise. It's essential to delve beyond the basic surface-level knowledge obtained during undergraduate studies. I'm unaware of your state of residence and the college where you pursued your B.Pharm.

Key locations with a strong pharmaceutical industry presence include Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad. Chennai also has a few reputable pharmaceutical companies, albeit in limited numbers. It's crucial to consider your career choice rather than just a job. What is your preference: IT, Marketing/Sales, or Core Pharma? In IT, the remuneration is considerably higher in comparison to core pharmaceutical roles, but sustainability may be a concern. On the other hand, Sales/Marketing requires hard work but offers significantly better remuneration, e.g., INR 6-8L per annum. If the pharmaceutical industry is your preference, starting packages for fresh B. Pharm graduates typically range between INR 15,000 to 25,000.

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. I wish you the best for your future endeavors.