Tax Expert - Answered on Oct 20, 2022

Mihir Ashok Tanna, who works with a well-known chartered accountancy firm in Mumbai, has more than 15 years of experience in direct taxation.
He handles various kinds of matters related to direct tax such as PAN/ TAN application; compliance including ITR, TDS return filing; issuance/ filing of statutory forms like Form 15CB, Form 61A, etc; application u/s 10(46); application for condonation of delay; application for lower/ nil TDS certificate; transfer pricing and study report; advisory/ opinion on direct tax matters; handling various income-tax notices; compounding application on show cause for TDS default; verification of books for TDS/ TCS/ equalisation levy compliance; application for pending income-tax demand and refund; charitable trust taxation and compliance; income-tax scrutiny and CIT(A) for all types of taxpayers including individuals, firms, LLPs, corporates, trusts, non-resident individuals and companies.
Rajendran Question by Rajendran on Oct 20, 2022Hindi

Please provide correct advice in the following situation.

We filed ROI for AY 2019-20 on 30-10-2019 and paid a tax amount of Rs 1,20,03,465/- under section 115JB. Above return was processed u/s 143 (1) by intimation dated 19-05-2020. The Company has deposited Advance tax of Rs. 40, 00,000/- and ITR -6 for AY 2019-20 was filed under Section 139 on 30-10-2019 to obviate any violation in Tax compliance including the TDS claim of Rs. 87,29,484/-. In the Intimation order the assessing officer had accepted the income and other claims of the Appellant but had demanded Rs 97,85,148/- as balance tax and interest.

During the Assessment Year relevant to Previous Year 2018-19, the land under the ownership of the Assessee has been taken over by the Government for Guruvayur Dewaswam (GD). LA compensation of Rs.38565360/- (on 5- 2-2018), Rs.4,00,00,000/- (on 4-2-2019), and Rs.48,28,009/- on19-11-2020 were paid to the Petitioner Company. Deductor, GD did not deposit the TDS to government in relevant years, this resulted in the demand of Rs. 97,85,148/- on Company towards balance tax and interest in the intimation u/s 143 (1) dated 19-05-2020. GD deposited Rs.95,02,088 /- towards TDS and Rs.21, 25,421 /-towards TDS and interest on 30-1-2021 and filed TDS return for the Assessment Year 2021-22. (not AY 2019-20).

Deductor is delaying filing revised TDS return in spite of many requests even by Income tax authorities.

Can the Income tax department seek to recover Income tax with fine from Company for AY 2019-20, on mere fact that Petitioner could not account for deposit of such tax (TDS) (Rs.87,29,484/-, only because the deductor, after paying the compensation to Petitioner in relevant year, did not deposit TDS to government revenue? Should the assessee suffer for the fault of the deductor? We understand There is a bar under Section 205 and circular of CBDT in this matter.

Ans: If TDS is deducted and there was delay in depositing TDS, said TDS amount cannot be recovered from deductee. There are some judicial pronouncements for the same which provides relief to taxpayer (deductee). But in given case, I understand that it is not case of delay but amount credited in different year.

In such a case, you can request to jurisdictional officer to provide credit of TDS in the year in which income is offered to tax though TDS is appearing in 26AS of subsequent year and it can be subject to litigation.

Tax Expert - Answered on Sep 29, 2022

Dear Mr Tanna, Before soliciting your sincere opinion I must first congratulate and compliment you for the benevolent job being done to alleviate the problems being faced by the solo taxpayers from the pounce of the IT Office. I would request you to go through my problem which is very much exhaustive and moreover disheartening for the busy people like you. I am a retd employee from LIC in the FY 2020/21. In FY 2021/22 I had received arrears of salary along with commutation of pension and leave encashment. The employer while finalizing the IT for 2021/22 had deducted IT giving the exemption for comm pension, 80CC and 80D without the benefit under sec 89. While filing IT I could see the effect of AIS. Without any further deduction except under 80 TTB, I tried to confirm the Total Taxable Income as per 26AS/AIS. The self-assessed tax was to be paid on three dates because of the ATM limit etc. The last payment which was on 28th July, could not be successful and was debited on 29th as a result I could not add the CIN No etc., on the Add box of tax payment. Since the total amount of tax was paid before the last date i.e 31st I did submit a short paid ITR presuming it would be taken care of. On 1st Aug I received a message under sec 143 with a demand due for 4660/. The e-file status was showing the ITR is under process with O/S demand Nil (four Green tick was displayed). Till Aug 30th when I found the ITR is not accepted despite the grievances as cited above, again I paid the balance amount going thru the demand due option, there also I faced the same problem from bank. The amount could be debited on 31St Aug. I did pay the amount thinking the ITR and tax deposit are different Module. Moreover after filing ITR I made a query with the ITO regarding exemption of Transfer grant which should have been allowed at source. They denied it under pretext that no further exemption after filling. In order to see the last payment due appear under SAT head I had submitted a grievance which was not seen till I spoke to the help desk. One reply came with so many tags to file revised IT under section 131 (5). While I visited for re-file, I could see the interest amount along with an increased taxable income thus returned back. Now my questions are: 1. How the taxable income would vary when a letter under 143 is issued with a demand? 2. If I am to re-submit the ITR under Sec 131 (5) can I restrict the taxable income to the earlier one? 3. Can they alter the taxable income when Sec 143 is invoked? 4. Finally, should I conform to the query or wait till they make their earlier demand set right. Sir I had filled it by myself without the help of a professional. Your opinion would be mostly an antidote against the IT virus that has made me upset. Eagerly awaiting your reply.
Ans: Thank you so much for your compliment. Looking at your facts, I wish you could have got professional advice on 1st August itself. My views on your queries are as follows:

1. I understand you are using online feature of filing Income Tax Return at www.incometax.gov.in wherein data is prefilled based on information reported by different persons (like employer for salary, bank for interest income, company for dividend income, TDS deductor for TDS deducted and amount of income credited, etc.). In your case, it might be possible that reportable entity has revised its data for reporting to income tax department and accordingly amount appearing in intimation issued u/s 143(1) differs from amount auto populated while filing income tax return u/s 139(5) of Income Tax Act using online feature.
  1. It is not advisable to restrict auto populated income unless income auto populated at e-filing portal is incorrect. Check AIS for income auto populated at e-filing portal. If income appearing in AIS is incorrect, you can file feedback for AIS and offer actual income to tax while filing return u/s 139(5) of the act which allow tax payer to revise return by rectifying mistakes.
  1. Yes, income tax provides updated figure at portal even if intimation is issued u/s 143(1) of the Act, as revised figures is provided by the payer of income or person authorised as reportable entity.  
  1. I understand you are talking about self-assessment tax paid by you and not auto populated in relevant schedule of ITR. Reason for the same can be wrong selection of year or code while making payment or while uploading challan details by the bank. Please check 26AS for self-assessment tax paid, if the same is not appearing in 26AS of AY 2022-23, you have to discuss said issue with Jurisdictional officer.

Tax Expert - Answered on May 24, 2024

Plot of Land Ballia,UP. Purchase year-1990 in two instalments Purchase price-Rs 42,000 (35000+7000) Stamp Duty Valuation-Rs. 73,000(Rs.9000+Rs.64000) Advance taken in 2019 -Rs. 15 lakh without any documentation in joint SBI Bank Account of father and mother, both sr citizen father being first holder. Father expired in 2020. Sale to different person on August 11 2023 for Rs 20 lakh received in HDFC Bank joint account of mother and son,mother first holder . Rs. 15 lakh transferred through RTGS to the person who gave advance and Rs.3 lakh as interest claimed by him transferred through IMPS and Phone Pe to a different person whom the first person owed money, at the request of the creditor and debtor. Stamp Duty Valuation of Land in August 2023- 39 lakh. The total Yearly Income of the mother, sr citizen, is Rs. 12000 as pension (Rs. 1000 per month). She has not filed any previous ITR. Tax implication and tax planning for both buyer and seller and response to following specific queries- • In ITR, there are 3 rows. One is for sale consideration,2nd one is for stamp duty valuation and 3rd one which automatically takes higher of these two as sale consideration under section 50C. So here If I put actual sale consideration in both rows, will it amount to false declaration ? Consequences for this because if I give stamp value, then automatically IT system will pick up the higher stamp value and calculate tax accordingly. What to do then? • Who will bear the tax burden? First Account holder or 2nd Account Holder or both or any clubbing provision? • Sr. Citizen Mother has only Rs 1000(one thousand) per month family pension as income and does not file ITR. If she does not pay any tax at all, what are the chances of detailed scrutiny and consequences? • If mother happens to be assesse, does she need to pay any advance tax or file ITR? • How to get Fair Market Value (FMV) and circle rate of Land as on 01.04.2001 for calculating Indexed cost of Acquisition in 2023-24. • How to get FMV on date of agreement/date of sale? • If assesse declares certain FMV in ITR both on 01.04.2001 as well as on date of sale i.e. 11.08.2023, is supporting documentation required at any stage or mere declaration will suffice? Steps to be taken by IT in this regard? • What can be the maximum Tax Liability and maximum date of depositing this tax/ITR and steps to mitigate this tax liability/payment?
Ans: Query require detailed discussion face to face. Please check with tax consultant.

I am 37 years old and a govt servant.i just recently started sip in four funds 1.Mirae asset large and midcap fund direct growth. _1k 2.quant large and mid cap fund direct growth_1k 3.kotak equity opportunities fund direct growth_1k 4.icici prudential retirement fund pure equity plan direct growth -5k Is it good for a term like 10 years?and if i want to invest 5k more then where should i invest for a term of 15 to 20 years.please advice .thank you
Ans: As a government servant at 37, planning for the future is crucial. Starting SIPs in mutual funds is a wise step, but evaluating and refining your strategy can optimize your returns. This analysis will guide you through your current investments and suggest additional avenues for a long-term horizon.

Current SIP Analysis

You've begun SIPs in four mutual funds with a 10-year perspective:

Mirae Asset Large and Midcap Fund
Quant Large and Midcap Fund
Kotak Equity Opportunities Fund
ICICI Prudential Retirement Fund Pure Equity Plan
Your current allocation in these funds is commendable. Let's evaluate the benefits and potential improvements.

1. Mirae Asset Large and Midcap Fund

This fund invests in both large and midcap stocks. It offers growth potential from midcaps and stability from large caps. This balanced approach can yield good returns over the long term.

2. Quant Large and Midcap Fund

Similar to the Mirae Asset Fund, this fund also diversifies between large and midcap stocks. Diversification is a key strategy to mitigate risk while aiming for growth.

3. Kotak Equity Opportunities Fund

This fund focuses on equity opportunities across market caps. It's known for good management and consistent performance. It adds diversity to your portfolio.

4. ICICI Prudential Retirement Fund Pure Equity Plan

This fund is designed for long-term goals like retirement. It invests primarily in equities, which can offer higher returns over an extended period.

Your portfolio currently has a good mix of large-cap stability and mid-cap growth potential. However, since you're considering a long-term investment horizon of 15-20 years, let's explore where you can invest an additional Rs 5,000 per month.

Evaluating Direct Funds vs Regular Funds

You've invested in direct plans, which typically have lower expense ratios. However, regular funds through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) have their advantages. A CFP provides personalized advice, timely reviews, and adjustments to your portfolio. These services can potentially enhance your investment performance, justifying the slightly higher expense ratios.

Long-term Investment Strategy

For a long-term investment horizon of 15-20 years, consider the following factors:

Diversification: Spread investments across different asset classes and sectors.
Risk Tolerance: Understand your risk appetite and invest accordingly.
Consistent Review: Regularly review and adjust your portfolio based on market conditions and personal goals.
Recommended Investment Avenues

To invest an additional Rs 5,000 per month, here are some funds and strategies to consider:

1. Flexi Cap Funds

Flexi cap funds invest in stocks across market capitalizations. They offer flexibility to shift investments between large, mid, and small caps based on market conditions. This dynamic allocation can capture opportunities across the spectrum and provide robust returns over the long term.

2. Mid Cap Funds

Mid cap funds focus on medium-sized companies with high growth potential. These companies often grow faster than large caps and can offer higher returns. However, they come with higher risk, suitable for a long-term horizon.

3. Sectoral or Thematic Funds

These funds invest in specific sectors like technology, healthcare, or financial services. Investing in a growing sector can yield substantial returns. However, they are riskier and require careful selection and timing. For example, the healthcare sector in India is poised for significant growth due to increasing health awareness and spending.

4. International Funds

Investing in international funds provides exposure to global markets. This diversification can reduce risk associated with the Indian market. It also allows you to capitalize on the growth of developed economies and emerging markets. For instance, a fund investing in US technology stocks can offer high growth potential.

5. Balanced or Hybrid Funds

Balanced funds invest in both equity and debt instruments. They provide growth potential with equity and stability with debt. This mix can be suitable for moderate risk tolerance and long-term investment. These funds can provide a cushion during market volatility, ensuring smoother returns.

6. Multi-Asset Funds

Multi-asset funds diversify across various asset classes, including equity, debt, and gold. This diversification reduces risk and can provide steady returns. Investing in multiple assets helps in balancing the portfolio against market fluctuations.

The Benefits of Actively Managed Funds

While index funds passively track market indices, actively managed funds have fund managers making strategic decisions. Actively managed funds aim to outperform the market, providing higher returns. They adjust portfolios based on market trends, economic conditions, and company performance. This active management justifies the slightly higher expense ratios, as it can potentially lead to better returns than passive funds.

Implementing the Strategy

Based on the analysis, here's a suggested allocation for your additional Rs 5,000 investment:

Flexi Cap Fund: Rs 1,500
Mid Cap Fund: Rs 1,000
Sectoral/Thematic Fund: Rs 1,000
International Fund: Rs 1,000
Multi-Asset Fund: Rs 500
This allocation provides a balanced mix of growth potential and risk mitigation.

Regular Review and Adjustment

Investing is not a one-time activity. Regularly review your portfolio to ensure it aligns with your goals. A Certified Financial Planner can assist in this process, providing insights and adjustments based on market trends and your evolving financial situation.

Investing for the long term requires a strategic approach. Your current SIPs are a good start, and with the additional Rs 5,000 investment, you can further strengthen your portfolio. Diversification across different asset classes and sectors is key to maximizing returns and minimizing risk.

Consider the benefits of regular funds through a Certified Financial Planner. While they have higher expense ratios, the personalized advice and active management can enhance your investment performance.

Focus on a balanced mix of flexi cap, mid cap, sectoral/thematic, international, and multi-asset funds. This diversified approach can capture growth opportunities across markets and sectors, ensuring a robust and resilient portfolio.

Regularly review your investments, adjust based on performance and market conditions, and stay committed to your long-term goals. With careful planning and strategic investments, you can build a substantial corpus for your future needs.

I am 28 years old, I have 18 lakhs invested in stocks and close to 8 lakhs with now monthly SIP of 45000 in MF. I hold no FDs and I have close to 7 lakhs as liquid fund. I do not own my house, I live with my parents in hometown and unmarried. How should I diversify my investments ? Also what are the suggestions as I currently do not own house and Car
Ans: Your current financial landscape includes a healthy mix of stocks, mutual funds, and liquid funds. You’re 28 years old, unmarried, and living with your parents, which gives you a strong base to diversify and grow your investments. Let’s delve into how you can optimize your portfolio and plan for your future needs.

Evaluating Your Current Portfolio
You’ve made some great strides already. Having Rs 18 lakhs in stocks and Rs 8 lakhs in mutual funds is commendable. You also have a monthly SIP of Rs 45,000, which is substantial and shows commitment to regular investing. Your Rs 7 lakhs in liquid funds offer a good emergency cushion.

However, diversification is key to mitigating risks and maximizing returns. Let’s explore how you can enhance your portfolio for better balance and growth.

Enhancing Your Mutual Fund Investments
While your SIP of Rs 45,000 is impressive, it's important to assess the mix of mutual funds you’re invested in. It’s crucial to have a blend of large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap funds to spread out risk and potential returns.

Actively managed funds, as opposed to index funds, offer professional management and the potential for higher returns. Fund managers use their expertise to pick stocks that they believe will outperform the market. This active selection can lead to better performance, especially in a volatile market.

Expanding Your Investment Horizons
Debt Funds for Stability

Given that you don’t have fixed deposits, consider adding some debt funds to your portfolio. Debt funds can provide stability and regular income, which can counterbalance the volatility of your equity investments. They are generally less risky and can offer better returns than traditional fixed deposits.

Gold Investments for Hedging

Gold has always been a trusted asset in India. It acts as a hedge against inflation and currency fluctuations. Investing in gold ETFs or sovereign gold bonds can be a good way to add this asset to your portfolio without the hassle of physical storage.

Exploring New Investment Avenues
International Funds for Global Exposure

To truly diversify, consider investing in international mutual funds. These funds invest in global markets, giving you exposure to international equities. This can spread your risk further and tap into the growth potential of developed and emerging markets.

Sectoral and Thematic Funds

If you have a keen understanding of certain sectors, like technology or pharmaceuticals, sectoral funds can be a good choice. These funds focus on specific sectors, allowing you to benefit from sector-specific growth. However, they come with higher risks, so ensure you balance them with broader-based funds.

Building for Future Goals

Starting early with retirement planning is wise. Consider investing in equity-linked savings schemes (ELSS) for tax benefits and long-term growth. Also, look into setting up a Public Provident Fund (PPF) account, which offers tax benefits and a secure return.

Insurance for Security

Ensure you have adequate insurance coverage. Health insurance is crucial to cover any medical emergencies. Additionally, a term insurance policy will provide financial security to your dependents in case of any unforeseen events.

Saving for a Home and Car
You mentioned not owning a house or car. While it’s not urgent, planning for these big purchases is essential.

Home Purchase Planning

Given the rising real estate costs, it's smart to start a dedicated savings plan for your home purchase. Consider a mix of safer debt instruments and balanced funds for this purpose. The goal is to have a sizeable down payment ready when you decide to buy a home.

Car Purchase Planning

For a car, set up a separate savings account or a recurring deposit. This will ensure that you have the funds when you're ready to make the purchase without disrupting your long-term investment plans.

Leveraging Professional Guidance
While you’ve done a great job managing your investments so far, it might be beneficial to seek advice from a Certified Financial Planner. They can provide tailored advice based on your goals and risk appetite, ensuring your investments are optimized for your needs.

Index funds, which aim to replicate the performance of a specific index, lack the flexibility to adapt to market changes. They may not perform well in volatile markets and offer no potential for outperforming the market. Actively managed funds, in contrast, can be adjusted based on market conditions and provide opportunities for better returns.

Advantages of Regular Funds
Investing through a Mutual Fund Distributor (MFD) with CFP credentials offers several benefits over direct funds. MFDs provide valuable advice, portfolio management, and timely rebalancing. They help you navigate through market complexities and make informed decisions, which is crucial for maximizing returns and managing risks.

You are in a strong position financially, and with thoughtful diversification, you can enhance your portfolio further. By balancing your investments across various asset classes and ensuring you have a mix of stability and growth, you can secure your financial future.

Remember, financial planning is a continuous process. Regularly review your portfolio, stay updated with market trends, and adjust your investments as needed. Your commitment to saving and investing will pay off in the long run.

Hello Sir, I am Srinivas. 53 years. I have 5 years service remaining. I have 1.4 crores in FD. On retirement, I can get 2 crores from PF, Superannuation & Gratuity. I do not have any loans. I can save 1.3 lakhs per month till my retirement. I have a son working. I need to keep 10 lakhs for his wedding. I have 2 flats - one given on rent & getting 1.5 lakhs per year on rent. I need 1 lakh per month for regular expenses. How I need to plan my finance considering my retirement. Request your advice. Thanks.
Ans: Hello Srinivas,

Firstly, it's commendable that you have planned ahead and saved significantly. Let's explore the best strategies to ensure a comfortable and secure retirement for you.

Current Financial Snapshot
You are 53 years old with five years until retirement. Here’s a quick overview of your current financial position:

Fixed Deposits: Rs 1.4 crores
Expected Retirement Corpus: Rs 2 crores from PF, Superannuation, and Gratuity
Monthly Savings Potential: Rs 1.3 lakhs
Monthly Expenses: Rs 1 lakh
Rental Income: Rs 1.5 lakhs per year
Upcoming Expense: Rs 10 lakhs for your son's wedding
No existing loans
This is a solid financial foundation. However, strategic planning will help ensure it lasts throughout your retirement.

Evaluating Fixed Deposits
Fixed Deposits (FDs) provide security and assured returns, but they often yield lower returns compared to other investment options. While FDs can be part of your portfolio for safety and liquidity, over-relying on them might not be the most efficient strategy for growth.

Transition to Actively Managed Funds
Given the disadvantages of index funds, such as lower potential returns and lack of active management, actively managed mutual funds are a preferable alternative. These funds can potentially offer higher returns through professional management. Regular funds, where you invest through a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), come with the added benefit of expert guidance and personalized strategies, ensuring that your investments are well-aligned with your financial goals.

Monthly Savings Allocation
You can save Rs 1.3 lakhs per month until retirement. Here’s how you could allocate these savings:

Mutual Funds: Diversify your investment across large-cap, mid-cap, and small-cap funds. This balance can provide stability while also leveraging growth opportunities. Actively managed funds should be the focus here.

Balanced Funds: These funds invest in a mix of equity and debt, providing growth potential with lower volatility. They can be a good addition for risk management.

Debt Funds: Considering your approaching retirement, debt funds can offer stable returns with lower risk, complementing the more aggressive equity investments.

Building a Retirement Corpus
By the time you retire, you will have accumulated a significant corpus. Let's detail how to manage this:

Existing Savings and Expected Corpus
Current FD: Rs 1.4 crores
Monthly Savings for 5 Years: Rs 1.3 lakhs x 60 months = Rs 78 lakhs
Retirement Benefits: Rs 2 crores
This totals to approximately Rs 4.18 crores (excluding interest and returns on investments).

Creating a Withdrawal Strategy
A well-planned withdrawal strategy is crucial to ensure that your retirement corpus lasts. Here are some steps:

Emergency Fund: Set aside an emergency fund equivalent to 6-12 months of expenses. This fund should be kept in liquid assets like a savings account or a liquid mutual fund.

Monthly Expenses: Your monthly expense requirement is Rs 1 lakh. With your current corpus, you need to ensure this amount is sustainably withdrawn without depleting your funds prematurely.

Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP): Invest a portion of your corpus in mutual funds and use an SWP to receive a fixed monthly income. This can provide regular cash flow while allowing the remaining investment to grow.

Rental Income: You have rental income of Rs 1.5 lakhs per year. Consider this as supplementary income for unexpected expenses or lifestyle enhancements.

Managing Your Son’s Wedding Expense
You have planned Rs 10 lakhs for your son's wedding. Here’s how to manage this without disrupting your financial plan:

Short-Term Investment: Place this amount in a short-term debt fund or a fixed deposit. This will keep the funds safe and liquid, ready for use when needed.

Liquid Funds: These funds can provide slightly better returns than a savings account and are easily accessible for large expenses like a wedding.

Ensuring Healthcare Security
Healthcare costs can be significant during retirement. Ensure you have adequate health insurance coverage:

Health Insurance: Review your current health insurance policies. Consider enhancing your coverage if needed, given rising medical costs.

Critical Illness Insurance: This can provide a lump sum amount upon diagnosis of a critical illness, safeguarding your retirement corpus.

Estate Planning
Estate planning ensures that your assets are distributed according to your wishes and can also provide for your dependents after your passing. Consider the following:

Will: Draft a will to clearly state how you want your assets distributed. This can prevent legal disputes and ensure your family is taken care of.

Nominees and Beneficiaries: Ensure that all your investments, insurance policies, and bank accounts have updated nominees.

Adjusting Investments Post-Retirement
Upon retirement, your investment strategy should shift towards preservation and income generation. Here’s how to adjust:

Shift to Debt-Oriented Investments: Move a significant portion of your corpus into debt-oriented instruments to reduce risk. This includes debt mutual funds, fixed deposits, and government bonds.

Income Funds: These funds focus on generating regular income with lower risk. They can be a reliable source of monthly income.

Hybrid Funds: These funds invest in both equity and debt, offering a balance of growth and stability. They can be a part of your post-retirement portfolio.

Addressing Inflation
Inflation can erode your purchasing power over time. It’s essential to factor this into your retirement planning:

Equity Exposure: Maintain a small portion of your investments in equity even after retirement. Equities typically provide higher returns, helping to combat inflation.

Real Estate Income: Your rental income can also increase over time, providing a hedge against inflation.

Reviewing and Rebalancing
Regular review and rebalancing of your portfolio are crucial to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals:

Annual Reviews: Conduct an annual review of your investments and financial plan. This helps to make necessary adjustments based on performance and changing needs.

Rebalancing: Adjust the asset allocation of your portfolio periodically to maintain the desired balance between risk and return.

Srinivas, you have a strong foundation and clear goals. With careful planning and disciplined investing, you can ensure a financially secure and comfortable retirement. Diversify your investments, focus on actively managed funds, and regularly review your portfolio.

It's also essential to maintain a balance between growth and safety, ensuring that your funds last throughout your retirement. Seek the guidance of a Certified Financial Planner to refine and implement these strategies effectively.

Kasam

Kasam Shaikh  |5 Answers  |Ask -

AI Tech Expert - Answered on Jul 14, 2024

Hi, I completed my BTech in Computer Science with a specialization in Cyber Security in 2023. Since then, I have been actively applying to numerous MNCs and small organizations for job opportunities, but unfortunately, I have not been successful in securing employment. In December 2023, I joined Infosys as a Process Executive, but I resigned in February. I then moved on to another company specializing in expert networks in February 2023, but unfortunately, I was laid off. Since then, despite applying to over 1500 companies, I have not received any responses. Additionally, I have obtained certification as a Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) from EC-Council. Now, I am feeling confused and considering pursuing a Master's degree from a public university in Italy starting in October 2024. Can you advise me if I am on the right path, or what I should do next? Please provide a brief explanation. Also, I am currently 25 years old and still unemployed.
Ans: Pursuing a Master's degree in a specialized field can be a good step forward, especially if you're finding it challenging to secure a job. Studying abroad can provide you with international exposure and potentially open up more global job opportunities. Universities often have strong industry connections and career services that can help with internships and job placements. Given your current situation, this path seems promising.

However, continue applying for jobs and internships, and consider short-term courses or projects to stay engaged and build your resume until your Master's program begins.

Best of Luck!