kunderp Question by kunderp on Apr 07, 2024Hindi

My PF withdrawal is getting rejected and reason are fathers name is different and name is not reflected in my cheque book. Please assist on what my next action should be. How can I raise grievances, after raising grievances they don't even provide confirmation. How to overcome this.

Ans: It sounds frustrating to have your PF withdrawal rejected for these reasons. Here's how you can address them and raise a grievance effectively:

1. Update Father's Name:

EPFO Portal: Log in to the EPFO member portal (https://www.epfindia.gov.in/) and check the 'Manage' section for updating your father's name. Ensure it matches your Aadhaar card or other official documents.
Document Submission: If the online option isn't available, submit a signed application form requesting a name change along with self-attested copies of documents proving the correct name (like Aadhaar, PAN card). You can submit these documents to your previous employer or the regional EPFO office.
2. Update Bank Details:

Cheque Book Name: If your name isn't printed on the cheque book, consider using a cancelled cheque from your bank account where your name appears clearly. This can be uploaded while refiling your withdrawal claim.
Bank Account Update: Double-check that the bank account details linked to your EPF account are accurate and match your bank passbook or statement.
3. Raise a Grievance:

EPFO Portal: The EPFO portal should have a dedicated grievance redressal section. Look for options like 'Raise Grievance' or 'Contact Us'. File a detailed grievance explaining the issue (mismatched name, rejection reason) and the steps you've taken (documents submitted, bank details updated).
Clear and Concise: Clearly state your EPF account number, the nature of the problem, and the corrective action you expect. Attach relevant documents if possible.
4. Follow Up:

Screenshot: While there might not be a confirmation email, take a screenshot of your submitted grievance for reference.
EPFO Helpline: Consider calling the EPFO grievance redressal helpline for further assistance. You can find the helpline number on the EPFO website.
Patience: Resolving discrepancies can take time. Follow up periodically through the portal or helpline to check the grievance status.
Additional Tips:

Maintain Records: Keep copies of all documents submitted and communication with EPFO for future reference.
Professional Tone: Maintain a professional and courteous tone when filing grievances or calling the helpline.
By taking these steps, you should be able to get your PF withdrawal processed smoothly. Remember, persistence and clear communication are key.

Sir, My son has secured a rank of 8680 in TS EAMCET and 4998 in AP EAMCET. As counseling in both states has not yet started, we are exploring various options. I have come to know that VIT-AP is offering seats through AP EAMCET. Additionally, he has received the following offers: - CSE at SRM Ramapuram - ECE at Amrita Nagercoil - CSE at KIIT Bhubaneswar Please suggest the best colleges in order of preference, keeping in mind my son's interest in pursuing CSE, preferably in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana where he may get a seat. Thank you.
Ans: Vijay Sir, Order of Preference (as you prefer AP / Telangana First) (1) VIT-AP (2) KIIT-Bhubaneswar (3) Any one of the Top 5-Colleges in AP through TS-EAMCET or AP-EAMCET (4) CSE-SRM. Please ignore ECE-Amrita-Nagercoil which is totally down-TN. Whatever Institute / University & Branch your Son chooses, he should keep upgrading his skills from his 1st year itself till his Campus Placement during his last year, from LinkedIn, Coursera, NPTEL, Internshala etc. and / or any other online platforms, recommended by his College Faculties, to be COMPETENT among other Students. All the BEST Vijay Sir, for your Son's Bright Future. To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs, | Resume Writing | Profile Building | Salary Negotiation Skills | Building Professional LinkedIn Profile | Choosing Right School Board (State | Matriculation | CBSE | ICSE |International Board) | Student Psychological Counselling | Exam Preparation Techniques (Board | Entrance & Competitive)| Management Quota Admission Ideal or Not? | How to Prepare for Campus Recruitment? | Job Interview Skills | Skill Upgrading | Parenting & Child Upbringing Skills | Career Transition | Labour Laws | Abroad Education | Education Loan (India | Abroad) | Scholarship (India | Abroad) | SOP Writing Tips’, please FOLLOW me in RediffGURU here.