Tax Expert - Answered on Nov 27, 2023

Mihir Tanna has more than 10 years of experience in direct taxation, including filing income tax returns.
Anuj Question by Anuj on Aug 11, 2023Translate

Hi Mr Neeraj.. I am partner of a firm whose balance sheet is audited because its annual turnover is above 2.5 cr. Can I file my income tax return for AY 23-24 without Audit Report and Authorised Ledger account..

Ans: Partner of firm is required to consider share of profit from a firm in which he/she is partner and amount of remuneration allowed as deduction in the hands of firm; in its personal income tax return. Once audit report is issued, amount considered for income tax return are from verified books of account and it should match with amount shown in firm's ITR. However, it can be taken without audit report.