Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Dec 06, 2022

Priyanka Question by Priyanka on Dec 06, 2022Translate

I have following monthly investment of a total of Rs 15k which was started recently in Sep 2022. Can u confirm how much corpus will I generate in 10 years with these SIP investments? How much more do I need to invest additionally monthly to get 1 cr if the current SIP is not enough to reach the target? 

1. Parag parekh flexi 1k per month

2. Mirae asset large cap 2 k per month

3. Kotak emerging equity 2k per month

4. Hdfc small cap 2k per month

5. ICICI Blue Chip 2k per month

6. Motilal Oswal flexi cap – 6k per month        

Ans: Funds are decent and the corpus that can get created with above investment in 10 years is Rs 37 lakh therefore for a corpus of Rs 1 cr in 10 years, monthly investment of Rs 40000 / - or additionally Rs 25000 per month.

Financial Planner - Answered on Sep 20, 2023

Hi Sanjeev, I am 43 years old. I have a monthly sip of 35k going on. I have started investing in mutual fund and sip from year 2013. Total mutual fund plus sip current market value is 1 core 9 lakhs . I plan to invest 35 k per month more for 7 to 8 years , when i want to leave job and do something else. Can you tell me what will be my corpus in 7 to 8 years down the line taking both current valution plus what i am going to continue investing?Also, i have another 1 corore total in other investment like Voluntary provident fund, Epf, ppf and esops from my company and pension fund . Here i do a monthly investment of around 80 k via mostly through company for tax savings. So what will be my total corpus after 7 to 8 yrs. Also, is it good for retirement considering my current monthly expense us 1 lakh.
Ans: It is really great to see that you have started to plan for your post-retirement life and you have accumulated ample amount till now.

If you continue in the same way with a monthly SIP of Rs. 80,000, I am convinced that you will have enough corpus to support yourself throughout retirement.

Accumulated corpus in 8 years with monthly investment of 80,000 and present value 1.09 Crore will likely be 4.12 Crores. Rate of return considered for the calculation is 12% CAGR.

Assuming that you want to maintain your current monthly expense of ₹1 lakh in retirement, it is important to factor in inflation, which will erode the value of your money over time.

Since you have other avenues as well to support your expenses, this will help to create a heftier corpus.

Recommendations:
• Invest in a mix of equity and debt mutual funds to diversify your portfolio and reduce risk.
• Rebalance your portfolio regularly to maintain your appropriate asset allocation as per your requirement.
• Consult with a financial advisor to develop a comprehensive retirement plan.

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 03, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Mar 03, 2024Translate
I'm contemplating a career change in my late 30s, earning Rs 14 lakhs annually. How can I navigate this transition while ensuring financial stability and working towards long-term goals such as retirement?
Ans: Transitioning to a new career in your late 30s while maintaining financial stability and planning for long-term goals like retirement requires careful consideration and planning. Here are some steps you can take to navigate this transition effectively:

1. Assess Your Skills and Interests: Reflect on your skills, interests, and values to identify potential new career paths that align with your strengths and passions. Consider seeking career counseling or taking career assessment tests to explore different options.

2. Research Potential Careers: Conduct thorough research on the industries and roles you're interested in pursuing. Look into job market demand, salary potential, and growth opportunities to ensure your chosen career path is financially viable.

3. Skill Development and Education: Determine if you need to acquire new skills or education to transition into your desired field. This could involve enrolling in courses, obtaining certifications, or pursuing higher education such as a degree or specialised training programme.

4. Financial Planning: Evaluate your current financial situation and create a budget to understand your income, expenses, and savings. Factor in any potential changes in income or expenses associated with your career transition. Consider setting aside an emergency fund to cover unexpected expenses.

5. Debt Management: If you have any outstanding debts, develop a plan to manage and pay them off efficiently. Prioritise high-interest debts like credit card debt while maintaining minimum payments on other loans.

6. Retirement Planning: Review your retirement savings accounts like the EPF, and assess whether you're on track to meet your long-term retirement goals. Consider consulting a financial advisor to develop a personalised retirement plan based on your age, income, risk tolerance, and retirement objectives.

7. Health Insurance and Benefits: Evaluate the health insurance and other benefits offered by your new employer, if applicable. Ensure you understand the coverage provided and any associated costs. If transitioning to self-employment or freelancing, research options for obtaining health insurance coverage independently.

8. Networking and Building Connections: Network with professionals in your desired industry to gain insights, advice, and potential job opportunities. Attend industry events, join professional associations, and leverage online networking platforms like LinkedIn to expand your network.

9. Side Hustle or Freelancing: Consider starting a side hustle or freelancing in your desired field while maintaining your current job. This can provide additional income, valuable experience, and a smoother transition into your new career.

10. Evaluate Risks and Rewards: Assess the risks and rewards associated with your career change, including potential income fluctuations, job stability, and work-life balance. Be prepared to adapt and make adjustments as needed throughout the transition process.

By following these steps and carefully planning your career transition, you can navigate the change while maintaining financial stability and working towards your long-term goals, including retirement.
Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |599 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Mar 03, 2024