Hi I am looking to have incom of approximately 5lakhs per month through my investment.How much money should I invest and where all? Is it only real estate or something else which can give this income.I don't want to invest in stocks or mutual fund as most of time I have faced loss in them.

Ans: To achieve a monthly income of approximately 5 lakhs through investments without relying on stocks or mutual funds, you'll need to explore alternative investment options. Real estate is one avenue, but there are other possibilities as well. Here's a strategy you might consider:

Evaluate Real Estate Investments: Real estate can provide a steady stream of rental income, especially if you invest in commercial properties, residential rental properties in high-demand areas, or vacation rentals in popular tourist destinations. Conduct thorough research on property markets, rental yields, occupancy rates, and potential appreciation before making investments.

Consider Fixed Income Investments: Explore fixed income instruments such as government bonds, corporate bonds, fixed deposits (FDs), and high-yield savings accounts. While these investments typically offer lower returns compared to stocks, they provide stability and regular income. Look for instruments with higher interest rates or coupon payments to maximize your income potential.

Explore Business Ventures: Consider investing in businesses or startups that have the potential for high returns. This could involve becoming a silent partner or providing capital in exchange for equity. However, investing in businesses carries inherent risks, so conduct thorough due diligence and seek professional advice before proceeding.

Dividend-Paying Stocks: While you mentioned avoiding stocks, some dividend-paying stocks offer consistent income streams. Look for established companies with a track record of dividend payments and stable earnings. Dividend income can supplement your overall investment income without the volatility associated with growth stocks.

Alternative Investments: Explore alternative investment options such as real estate investment trusts (REITs), peer-to-peer lending platforms, infrastructure funds, or renewable energy projects. These investments offer diversification and potentially higher returns compared to traditional fixed income instruments.

Diversify Your Portfolio: To minimize risk and enhance income potential, diversify your investments across different asset classes and investment vehicles. Avoid putting all your funds into one asset or investment type. Instead, spread your investments across multiple opportunities to balance risk and return.

Consult with Financial Advisors: Given your specific income target and risk preferences, consider consulting with a financial advisor who can assess your financial situation, goals, and risk tolerance. An advisor can help you develop a customized investment strategy tailored to your needs and objectives.

While achieving a monthly income of 5 lakhs solely through investments requires careful planning and risk management, diversifying your portfolio across multiple income-generating assets can help you work towards your income goal while mitigating risks.

It's important to note that all investments carry some level of risk, and thorough research and professional guidance are crucial when making investment decisions.

I m 44 years. Net salary 96K per month. Considering inflation . How much money should I invest..pls suggest different options MF is one of them, to get at least Rs. 1.25L per month income post retirement ?
Ans: To achieve a post-retirement income of Rs. 1.25 lakhs per month, it's essential to plan your investments strategically, considering factors such as your age, current salary, inflation, and risk tolerance. Here's a general approach you can consider:

1. **Calculate Retirement Corpus**: Determine the retirement corpus required to generate a monthly income of Rs. 1.25 lakhs. This will depend on various factors such as your expected lifespan, inflation rate, and expected rate of return on investments during retirement.

2. **Estimate Monthly Investment**: Based on your current age, desired retirement age, and expected rate of return on investments, calculate the monthly investment required to accumulate the retirement corpus. You can use online retirement calculators or consult with a financial advisor to determine this amount.

3. **Diversified Investment Portfolio**: Build a diversified investment portfolio that aligns with your risk tolerance and investment objectives. Consider allocating your investments across different asset classes such as equities, mutual funds, fixed deposits, real estate, and other suitable investment options.

4. **Systematic Investment Plan (SIP)**: Start a SIP in mutual funds that offer the potential for long-term growth while managing risk. Choose funds that invest in a mix of equity and debt instruments to balance risk and return. Regularly review and adjust your SIP contributions based on changes in your financial situation and investment goals.

5. **Tax Planning**: Optimize your tax planning to maximize your savings and investment returns. Utilize tax-saving investment options such as Equity Linked Savings Schemes (ELSS), Public Provident Fund (PPF), National Pension System (NPS), and tax-saving fixed deposits to reduce your tax liability and increase your investible surplus.

6. **Regular Review and Adjustments**: Periodically review your investment portfolio and make necessary adjustments to ensure that you're on track to achieve your retirement income goal. Consider factors such as changes in income, expenses, market conditions, and life events when revising your investment strategy.

7. **Consider Professional Advice**: If you're unsure about the optimal investment strategy to achieve your retirement income target, consider seeking guidance from a qualified financial advisor. An advisor can help assess your financial situation, recommend suitable investment options, and develop a customized retirement plan tailored to your needs and objectives.

Remember that achieving a post-retirement income of Rs. 1.25 lakhs per month requires diligent planning, disciplined savings, and prudent investment decisions. Start early, stay focused on your goals, and regularly monitor your progress to ensure a financially secure retirement.

Best regards.

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024

I am a 26 years old girl completed my studies, trying to get a job, 2 years back I fell in love online with a man of 32 years old, we have not met yet physically. He is working on a very small salary in a village i.e. his hometown. He can't get a good government job or private job now due to lack of experience and age. We love each other a lot with all our flaws. My family is strictly against it due to caste difference, low salary, he lives 1600 km away, background differences. Overall they don't trust him and our love and are emotionally blackmailing me to get married with someone they choose. And the thought alone of leaving him makes me sad

I am sorry for the challenges you are facing. I understand how difficult it must be to leave a person you love. Having said that, I would also like to point out that living a decent life is not cheap. You are currently unemployed and your partner has a low salary; it will not be sustainable in the long run. I am not asking you to leave him and marry someone else; all I am suggesting is don't rush. Take the time to find a decent job and ask your partner to do the same. Once you think you both are earning a good amount of money, put forth the idea of your marriage again to your parents.

Now the most important thing, you have met him online and never met him in real life. Is it worth taking this kind of risk before verifying everything in person? I am sure he is genuine but there is no harm in cross-checking. And I can't really blame your parents for having their doubts. Please don't rush. One wrong decision can ruin the rest of your life. Take your time, think this through, and meet him in person, most likely in your city and in a public space. Do a thorough background check. It is easy to get fooled when you are in love.

Again, please don't rush. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Hi, I am 25+ years of old. Earning a handsome ammount of money arround 1lakh. I am a introvert, kind of kanjus you can say. I don't have any gf. I had one one one-sided relationship but because of low self confidence I didn't able to express my feelings. I don't feel myself as a ugly person but I am over waight, facing hair fall recently that's why I lose confidence approaching girls. I tried few dating apps but use. As I am a introvert I don't like to go to parties but definitely become comfortable after knowing the other person. Currently in Bangalore but being from a remote area I don't feel comfortable approaching a girl. What should I do.

I understand how you are feeling. First of all, you are not alone in this. Secondly, it's time you recognize how much you have achieved in life. Kudos to that.

Now, coming to your concern, being an introvert is not an issue, though it comes with its own set of challenges. I understand that you feel shy when it comes to talking to women. That's where dating apps come in. You have seen no results on them; I hear you. But give it another try, but this time, with a fool-proof strategy. First off, write an appealing bio. It's equivalent to writing a cover letter- you put forward your best attributes and convince people why they should date you. You can mention your achievements, you can be honest and disclose that you are an introvert, mention what you have to offer as a partner and don't forget to mention what you are looking for in your partner. This would give your potential matches a concise idea of you and also help attract the right people. Second, display image matters. While I am not encouraging you to put up an over-edited picture hiding your imperfections, do not put up the worst one either. Make sure it's recent, decent, and of you and you alone, and not in a group. Third, if you like somebody, don't be afraid to send a message. You are not committing to them, nor do you have to see them in person. Leave a message, interact, only if things go well, meet in person. There's no rush and no prior commitment. Fourth and the most important one, be patient. The right match can take a while but when you do find them, it will be worth the wait.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024