Sanjib

Sanjib Jha  | Answer  |Ask -

Insurance Expert - Answered on Nov 28, 2022

Suprakash Question by Suprakash on Nov 28, 2022Translate

My daughter of age 25 years will go to USA for higher studies for one year and may continue there for another 2-3 years. I want her to be covered under health insurance at USA. Is any company at India providing such insurance for USA?

If yes, who are the companies & what will be the premium for Rs 5 lakh SA (sum assured). Can it be continued after returning to India?

Please advise.

Ans: Hi Suprakash, good that you have decided to provision for your daughter's health before the travel. Yes, there are insurance companies in the market that provide Global Health insurance Plans.

The policy will continue even after your daughter returns. However, the premiums of Global Health Insurance Plans are higher and hence it is advisable to port it to any other local plan where you can get lower premiums as per Indian insurance policy market rates.

Asked by Anonymous - Jan 31, 2024Translate
HI Sir, do you know of any insurance company in India offering overseas travel insurance policy covering pre-existing heart ailments? I would like to know more about such a policy.
Ans: Let me offer some pointers on finding travel insurance for pre-existing heart ailments. It's essential to contact insurance providers directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information. Here are some steps you can take:

Research Insurance Providers:

Start by researching companies like ICICI Lombard, HDFC ERGO, Tata AIG, and others which commonly provide such policies.

Contact Customer Service:

Reach out to the customer service or support teams of these insurance companies. You can find their contact information on their official websites.

Ask about Pre-existing Conditions:

Inquire specifically about travel insurance policies that cover pre-existing heart ailments. Provide details about the condition and ask about coverage, exclusions, and any additional requirements.

Review Policy Documents:

Carefully review the policy documents, terms, and conditions. Pay attention to the coverage limits, exclusions, and any waiting periods that may apply to pre-existing conditions.

Compare Policies:

Compare the offerings of different insurance providers to ensure you get the best coverage for your needs. Consider factors such as coverage limits, premium costs, and the extent of coverage for pre-existing conditions.

Medical Check-up Requirements:

Some insurers may require a medical check-up before providing coverage for pre-existing conditions. Understand any such requirements and fulfill them if needed.

Declare Pre-existing Conditions:

Ensure that you declare your pre-existing heart ailment accurately during the application process. Failure to disclose relevant information may lead to claim rejection.

Seek Professional Advice:

If you have specific concerns or requirements related to your health condition, consider consulting an insurance advisor or broker for personalised guidance.

Remember that policies and offerings can change, so it's crucial to verify the latest information directly with the insurance companies. Always read the terms and conditions thoroughly to understand the coverage and limitations of the policy.

I am an NRI from Dubai. My queries: Can I avail of any health insurance from India? I often travel to India for 30 days at a stretch and would like to cover myself for any medical emergencies. I am 48 now.
Ans: Yes, you can definitely avail of health insurance from India as an NRI living in Dubai.

Many Indian insurance companies offer health insurance plans specifically designed for NRIs. These plans provide coverage specifically for medical expenses incurred during your visits to India. Here's what you need to know:

Benefits:

• Coverage for medical emergencies: These plans typically cover hospitalisation expenses, including room and board charges, surgeon fees, doctor consultations, and specific medical procedures.
• Flexibility: You can choose plans with varying sum insured amounts (coverage limit) to suit your needs.
• Renewal options: These plans are usually renewable, allowing you to continue coverage over your future visits to India.

Things to Consider:

• Coverage scope: These plans are generally valid only within India.
• Pre-existing conditions: Some plans may have exclusions for pre-existing conditions, so be sure to disclose your medical history accurately during the application process.
• Renewal requirements: Some insurers might require you to be physically present in India for renewal.

How to Buy:

• Online platforms: Many insurance companies offer online application options, allowing you to compare plans, choose the best fit, and purchase the plan directly.
• Insurance agents: You can also get in touch with a trusted insurance agent in India who can guide you through the process, compare options and help you choose the right plan.

Given your situation:

Considering your 30-day visits and your age (48), a short-term health insurance plan (also called travel medical insurance) might be a good option. These plans typically offer coverage for shorter durations and are generally more affordable than regular comprehensive health insurance.

Research and compare different plans offered by different companies to find one that fits your budget and provides the coverage you need.

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations