Omkeshwar

Omkeshwar Singh  | Answer  |Ask -

Head, Rank MF - Answered on Dec 06, 2022

Nitish Question by Nitish on Dec 06, 2022Translate

I want to create a corpus of 5-10 cr in next 10 years. I have paused my previous sips and started new sips with a financial firm. They are listed below.

1. IIFL focused Equity fund(G) - 25000rs SIP monthly started 

2. Canara Bluechip Equity fund(G) - 25000rs SIP monthly started

3. SBI Contra (G) - 20000rs SIP monthly started

4. SBI Smal cap fund (G)- 10000rs SIP monthly

5. Canara Roberco Small cap- 10000rs SIP monthly 

I intent to save 90K to 1 L a month. what is the maximum corpus I can create with this saving in next 10 years? Also PPF of 1.5L annually.

I have a lump sum of 25L to 30L annually salary. Please suggest and guide me if I can do something more better. PPF 1.5L anually till date 8.40lakh. Previous SIPs - 10lakh

Please guide.

Ans: Funds are good, please continue. The corpus that can get created by investment of Rs 90000 is Rs 2.2 cr in 10 years.

PPF is fine.

Nikunj

Nikunj Saraf  |308 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds Expert - Answered on Dec 15, 2022

I want to create a corpus of 5-10 cr in next 10 years. I started some sips in 2018 of small amount of 2k with a PPF of 1.5L annually. With this amount I have still now 19L as saved amount. Now I have paused my previous sips and started new sips with a financial firm. They are listed below: 1-  IIFL focused Equity fund(G) - 130000 one time deposit from redemption of one earlier sips which was not performing well. 2-  Canara Bluechip Equity fund(G) - 130000 one time deposit from redemption of one earlier sips which was not performing well. 3-  SBI Contra(G) - 130000 one time deposit from redemption of one earlier sips which was not performing well. 4-  IIFL focused Equity fund(G) - 25000rs SIP monthly started 5-Canara Bluechip Equity fund(G) - 25000rs SIP monthly started 6-SBI Contra (G) - 20000rs SIP monthly started 7- SBI Smal cap fund (G)- 10000rs SIP monthly 8- Canara Roberco Small cap- 10000rs SIP I intend to save 90K to 1 L a month. What is the maximum corpus I can create with this saving in next 10 years? Also PPF of 1.5L annually. I have a lump sum of 25L to 30L annual salary. Please suggest and guide me if I can do something more better. I have not redeemed all of my previous sips and effect of compounding is still on. With the withdrawal ones I have 9L plus 8.40L if PPF. Right now I'm 32 years and plan to retire at 45 to 50 looking for retirement planning. Please guide.
Ans: Hello Nitish Kumar. Depending on your goal of creating 5 crore of corpus, you can increase the amount of your SIP up to 1.59 Lakh. With current investment values of SIP and Lump sum, you may be able to achieve a corpus of 3.2 crore. Regarding your current investment, it appears that you have thoroughly researched the mutual fund market. A fine selection of schemes is made. I would suggest diversifying your portfolio by AMC and category. For future SIPs, you may introduce midcap, flexicap, and largecap categories.

Financial Planner - Answered on Mar 03, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Mar 03, 2024Translate
I'm contemplating a career change in my late 30s, earning Rs 14 lakhs annually. How can I navigate this transition while ensuring financial stability and working towards long-term goals such as retirement?
Ans: Transitioning to a new career in your late 30s while maintaining financial stability and planning for long-term goals like retirement requires careful consideration and planning. Here are some steps you can take to navigate this transition effectively:

1. Assess Your Skills and Interests: Reflect on your skills, interests, and values to identify potential new career paths that align with your strengths and passions. Consider seeking career counseling or taking career assessment tests to explore different options.

2. Research Potential Careers: Conduct thorough research on the industries and roles you're interested in pursuing. Look into job market demand, salary potential, and growth opportunities to ensure your chosen career path is financially viable.

3. Skill Development and Education: Determine if you need to acquire new skills or education to transition into your desired field. This could involve enrolling in courses, obtaining certifications, or pursuing higher education such as a degree or specialised training programme.

4. Financial Planning: Evaluate your current financial situation and create a budget to understand your income, expenses, and savings. Factor in any potential changes in income or expenses associated with your career transition. Consider setting aside an emergency fund to cover unexpected expenses.

5. Debt Management: If you have any outstanding debts, develop a plan to manage and pay them off efficiently. Prioritise high-interest debts like credit card debt while maintaining minimum payments on other loans.

6. Retirement Planning: Review your retirement savings accounts like the EPF, and assess whether you're on track to meet your long-term retirement goals. Consider consulting a financial advisor to develop a personalised retirement plan based on your age, income, risk tolerance, and retirement objectives.

7. Health Insurance and Benefits: Evaluate the health insurance and other benefits offered by your new employer, if applicable. Ensure you understand the coverage provided and any associated costs. If transitioning to self-employment or freelancing, research options for obtaining health insurance coverage independently.

8. Networking and Building Connections: Network with professionals in your desired industry to gain insights, advice, and potential job opportunities. Attend industry events, join professional associations, and leverage online networking platforms like LinkedIn to expand your network.

9. Side Hustle or Freelancing: Consider starting a side hustle or freelancing in your desired field while maintaining your current job. This can provide additional income, valuable experience, and a smoother transition into your new career.

10. Evaluate Risks and Rewards: Assess the risks and rewards associated with your career change, including potential income fluctuations, job stability, and work-life balance. Be prepared to adapt and make adjustments as needed throughout the transition process.

By following these steps and carefully planning your career transition, you can navigate the change while maintaining financial stability and working towards your long-term goals, including retirement.
Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |599 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Mar 03, 2024