Rakesh

Rakesh Kaul  | Answer  |Ask -

Answered on Jan 18, 2022

Ganesh Question by Ganesh on Jan 18, 2022Hindi

I have family floater policy since 5 years with Apollo Munich, Which is changed now to HDFC Ergo. I am paying approximately 36000 for 2 +1 family, I am aged now 62 years.

I am not getting proper service from the person from whom i took the Apollo policy he is called Intermediator in the Apollo company and when it’s changed to HDFC his Records (like his name Mob Number and his Code) are not shown in the policy. In the absence of the above details, I don’t know whom to contact for any information and follow up for claim reimbursements.

In the past years, with Apollo and HDFC Ergo my reimbursement claims was not settled ON TIME as well as the full amount not settled, approximately 50 to 60 percentage only settled even after many follow ups, courier and emails. Though the claims were around 50000 only.

I am the bread winner in my family, after paying so much for Premium, if I get admitted in hospital, the family members can’t do follow up and intermediary is not helpful, even he doesn’t bother to attend phone call, though he is substantially earning 15% premium as his commission (I hope) in such scenarios I am fearing that you won’t get help.

What is your advise? Should I change the intermediary in the policy, if there is provision in system? Why in HDFC Ergo why those intermediary details not there or portability is another option and what are conditions to meet portability at the ripe age/ financial scenario I should not be denied cashless facility/ at the need of my HOUR.

Ans:  The intermediary can be changed in the policy by the Insurer upon a request by the customer. However, for claims assistance, I would advise you to connect with your Insurer’s customer service team to get a response swiftly.

Portability of a policy can be done at any age but there are certain guidelines that differ from insurer to insurer. It is advisable to get the complete details of the insurance company you wish to port to and thoroughly understand the portability/ continuity benefits which will be carried forward in your ported policy. Please ensure you check the product/ plan coverages offered and compare it with the existing policy before making your decision to port.

Sanjib

Sanjib Jha  | Answer  |Ask -

Insurance Expert - Answered on Jun 21, 2022

Dear Sir, Greetings of the day. I have got a health insurance of family floater type from Tata AIG for a sum of four lakhs. Recently, I got hospitalised and full four lakhs was paid by Tata Aig. But my hospital bill was six lakhs and sixty two thousand. So there was a shortfall of two lakhs sixty-two thousands. I have an Aditya Birla health Policy of family floater type for 45 lakhs. But it will come in to effect after 5 lakhs expenditure. So I myself paid one lakh from my pocket. And for rest one lakh sixty two thousand only I applied for cashless to Aditya Birla .But they denied it. Finally I paid that amount myself and came home. Afterwards I kept continuous follow up with them. Reconsideration and reminder letter was sent by TPA and Treating doctor. But again it was rejected. Now Aditya Birla employee is saying apply for reimbursement. When Tata Aig is clearing full amount, how come Aditya Birla is denying it? And how can I bridge the gap one lakh between two policies? Tata Aig says you have taken full claim so we cannot make your limit from four to five lakhs this year. Pls advise suitably. Best Wishes
Ans: Hi Mr. Tripathi, greetings to you. To answer your first question as to why Aditya Birla won’t provide you with cashless claim as opposed to TATA AIG is because the policy you bought from Aditya Birla is a ‘Super top up plan’ which basically means it is an addition to your base policy which in your case is your TATA AIG policy.

Super top up policies do not offer cashless claims but only provide reimbursements.

The one lakh gap, unfortunately, cannot be filled at this point. However, while renewing your policy you can opt for increased sum insured with TATA AIG. The insurer will ask you a set of questions and schedule medicals to analyse your risk profile. Post that based on your reports, the insurer will take a decision on increasing the limit.   

Roopam

Roopam Asthana  | Answer  |Ask -

Answered on Aug 03, 2021

I have United India health insurance since 2009. I have paid a regular premium with only one claim for hysterectomy in 2012. My renewal date is 12/8/2021. I want to port my UIIC insurance. I have sent a proposal form to HDFC Ergo online for porting with my 2 months back medical test details so that I can get the exact loading amount if any. I am taking medication for hypothyroidism, hypertension and cholesterol at the moment, very minimum dosage. I have sent those details too. According to them the procedure is to pay a premium then you will receive a consent call which will decide about medical test requirements and loading amount if any. For any reason, if we want to discontinue, they will refund the full amount paid by us. This procedure of porting is not mentioned clearly on the website so all are non-proof. My query is: How much I should trust them? I was interested in family floater with my husband, who doesn't have any diseases at present. This is a new policy for him. So no loading for him for sure. HDFC ERGO advisor is suggesting me to go for individual policy as floater has more chance of rejection than individual policy for both of us. So my second query is: Will loading be charged according to floater premium which is almost double than the individual policy? My husband’s new policy without any diseases and mine is porting with pre-existing diseases. Please advise whether individual or floater is better for us with reasons. Seeking your help as soon as possible.
Ans: For your first query it is advisable to speak with the insurance company you wish to port to for understanding the exact procedure for porting. You may also wish to engage a trusted insurance agent to help you with the porting process as they will be fully abreast with the procedure and will guide you well.

Remember to ensure that you fully disclose your existing medical condition at the time of application itself.

As regards your second query it is advisable to go for separate individual policy for your husband because basis your current health status there are high chances of the insurance company charging higher premium for a floater.

Sanjib

Sanjib Jha  | Answer  |Ask -

Insurance Expert - Answered on Nov 24, 2022

I was customer of Oriental Bank of Commerce. Being a customer of Oriental Bank of Commerce, Oriental Insurance Company provided Group Health Insurance Policy and inception date was 04-05-2015. My policy with them continued till 03-05-2021 without any break. Because Oriental Bank of Commerce merged with Punjab National Bank, Oriental Insurance Company discontinued that policy from 03-05-2021 onward. Being a customer of Punjab National Bank, I approached them, and they migrated my Group Health Insurance Policy of Oriental Insurance Company to Star Group Health Insurance Policy for customers of Punjab National Bank from 04-05-2021 to 03-05-2022.  As All my policy periods were continued from 04-05-2015 till 03-05-2021 with Oriental Insurance Company, Star Health Insurance given me the benefit of pre-existing disease waiting periods being waived because of continuity (They mentioned it in Policy Document too). They reimbursed my 1st claim of 15 July to 22 July 2021 (Non Empaneled Hospital) and Cashless claim of 16 December to 19/12/2021 but denied reimbursement of 19/12/2021 to 26/12/2021 with the excuse of pre-existing disease even I directly shifted from cashless hospital to non-Empaneled Hospital for same problem because Empaneled hospital having been less facilities.  Here I want to address that I was discharged from Cashless Hospital, on request, to get treated in Higher Hospital and treatment was in continuation of previous cashless hospital to new hospital. So, sir, please guide me accordingly as my correspondence with them is not fruitful.

Hello sir ,my huband has taken medical insurance frm manipal cigna frm 2015 till date never claimed anything all these years but last year july suddenly my husband got pneumonia he got hospitalized before joining inthe hospital we consulted the insurance agent and took necessary file number to claim insurance but sadly at the end insurance company rejected to pay bill saying(2.5lks) he used to pay 58 thosand per year family floater,now thy have canceled whole policy and thy didn't even paying the amt we paid all these years ,agent is not responding can we do anything to get our hard-earned money back now we dont have any medical insurance he is 57yrs now pls suggest anything we can do
Ans: I'm truly sorry to hear about your husband's health complications and the subsequent challenges with your medical insurance. Facing such situations can be distressing, especially when dealing with unexpected denials and cancellations. It's important to take action to address this issue.

Firstly, gather all relevant documents, including policy details, correspondence with the insurance company, and any communication with the agent. This documentation will be crucial in understanding the reasons for the denial and in any potential appeals or legal actions.

Next, consider reaching out directly to the insurance company to request a review of the decision and clarification on why the claim was rejected. If you're unsatisfied with their response, you may escalate the matter through their grievance redressal mechanism or regulatory authorities.

Additionally, seeking legal advice from a lawyer who specializes in insurance matters could provide insight into your rights and options for recourse. They can help you navigate the complex legal landscape and pursue appropriate action to recover your hard-earned money.

While the situation is undoubtedly challenging, remember that you're not alone. Reach out to consumer rights organizations or advocacy groups that may offer support and guidance in dealing with insurance-related issues. Your perseverance and determination to seek justice are commendable, and I hope you find a resolution that provides the relief and security you deserve.

Hi, I am 36 years old. Single so far. In search of life partner. I am currently doing ?1.5L SIP monthly. Majority funds are midcap and flexicap. I also started ?5K monthly gold fund. Started gold fund from two months. Current savings are ?50L cash, ?45L mutual funds, ?22.5L PF, ?5L NPS & ?16L PPF. I want to reach the goal of ?5CR networth soon and feel relaxed and retire soon. I started the journey late. However, I am done with a property buying in Mumbai and loan free now. Please suggest me steps to reach the goal
Ans: That's a fantastic plan! You've made smart choices with your SIPs, debt investments, and being property-free. Here are some steps to consider reaching your Rs. 5 crore goal:

Strong Foundation:

Regular Savings: Your Rs. 1.5 lakh monthly SIP is a great start.

Diversified Portfolio: Having a mix of mid-cap, flexi-cap, and gold funds provides diversification. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Debt Investments: Your PF, NPS, and PPF contributions provide stability and guaranteed returns.

Reaching for Rs. 5 Crore:

Time Horizon: While you started investing later, you still have a good 20-25 years for your investments to grow.

Potential for Increase: Consider increasing your SIP amount if your income allows.

Review Asset Allocation: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your risk tolerance and suggest if your asset allocation (mix of investments) is optimal for your Rs. 5 crore goal.

Focus on Equity: Equity funds have the potential for higher returns compared to debt, but also come with higher risk. A CFP can help you determine the right equity allocation for your goals.

Remember:

Long-Term Commitment: Building a Rs. 5 crore corpus requires a long-term investment horizon (ideally 15+ years).

Market Volatility: Equity markets can be volatile in the short term. Stay invested for the long term to ride out market fluctuations.

Professional Guidance: A CFP can create a personalized plan considering your risk tolerance, goals, and timeline.

You've made a great start! By consulting a CFP and potentially increasing your SIP or adjusting your asset allocation, you can increase your chances of achieving your Rs. 5 crore goal!

Hi I am a 65 year old house wife looking for investment options to take care of myself. Income sources : Son gives 10000 and husband gives 3000 per month. I have an existing FD of 2 lakh rupees. Where all I can invest and I don't have a health insurance, any suggestions to plan my investment as well as health policy
Ans: It's wonderful that you're thinking about your financial security. Here are some ideas to consider:

Understanding Your Income:

Combined Income: You have a combined monthly income of Rs. 13,000 (Rs. 10,000 from son + Rs. 3,000 from husband).

Financial Goals: Consider your financial goals. Are you looking for regular income, to grow your savings, or both?

Investment Options:

FD Reinvestment: Consider reinvesting your existing FD or its interest to earn compound interest.

Debt Funds: Debt funds offer stability and regular income, potentially suitable for your situation.

Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS): This government scheme offers attractive interest rates for senior citizens.

Importance of Health Insurance:

Medical Expenses: Medical emergencies can be expensive. Health insurance can help manage these costs.

Senior Citizen Plans: Many insurance companies offer health insurance plans specifically designed for senior citizens.

Benefits of a CFP:

Personalized Plan: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your needs, risk tolerance, and suggest suitable investment options and health insurance plans.
Here's a simplified example (not a recommendation):

Invest Rs. 50,000 in Debt Funds (SIP): Start a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in debt funds for regular income.

Invest Remaining in SCSS: Invest the remaining amount in SCSS for a good interest rate and safety.

Get a Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan: Choose a health insurance plan that covers your needs and budget.

Remember:

Review Regularly: Review your investments and health insurance plan (at least annually) with your CFP to ensure they remain aligned with your needs.

Start Investing Early: Even a small amount invested regularly can grow significantly over time.

Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund with 3-6 months of living expenses for unexpected situations.

By taking charge of your finances and getting proper health coverage, you can secure a brighter future for yourself!

Sir I am 37 and have wife and a son of age 7 years. I am not yet invested in markets and a corpus of around 30 lacs is invested in various FDs .However I would like to make a lump sum investment of around 23 lakhs in markets through various instruments out of these FDs as I understand these are not optimal enough and additionally start some SIPs. I am an executive in a PSU for last 14 years and wish take aim at two goals: a)Gathering a sufficient corpus for my son's education at the end of eleven years from now and b) Having a decent amount to retire with at an age of sixty .My in hand salary is around 1.25 lacs/month .Kindly suggest a plan as to diversification of these monetary assets for these goals.
Ans: Building Wealth for Your Family's Future: A Smart Move!
Congratulations on taking charge of your family's financial future! Moving Rs. 23 lakh from FDs to markets for your son's education and retirement is a wise decision. Here's a roadmap to consider:

Financial Goals:

Child's Education (11 Years): You need a corpus in 11 years for your son's education.

Retirement (23 Years): You aim to retire comfortably at 60 (23 years from now).

Investment Strategy:

Diversification is Key: Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your Rs. 23 lakh investment across different asset classes to manage risk.

Consider a CFP: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your risk tolerance, income, and create a personalized plan.

Potential Asset Allocation:

Equity Funds (SIPs & Lump Sum): Invest a portion in diversified equity mutual funds (SIPs and lump sum) for potentially higher growth over the long term. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Debt Funds (SIPs): Invest another portion in debt funds (SIPs) for stability and regular income. This could help meet your son's education needs closer to the time.

Gold (Small Portion): Consider a small allocation to gold for portfolio diversification.

Benefits of SIPs:

Rupee-Cost Averaging: SIPs help you invest regularly and benefit from rupee-cost averaging, potentially reducing the impact of market volatility.

Equity Funds (60%): Invest 60% in a mix of Large-Cap and Multi-Cap equity funds (SIPs and lump sum).

Debt Funds (30%): Invest 30% in debt funds (SIPs) with a maturity horizon aligned with your son's education goal.

Gold (10%): Invest 10% in gold ETFs or Gold Savings Funds.

Remember:

Review Regularly: Review your portfolio (at least annually) with your CFP to ensure it remains aligned with your evolving goals.

Emergency Fund: Maintain an emergency fund with 3-6 months of living expenses in easily accessible savings.

Long-Term View: Focus on the long term for your goals. Equity markets can be volatile in the short term.

By consulting a CFP and implementing a diversified investment strategy, you can increase your chances of achieving your financial goals for your son's education and a comfortable retirement!

I am 55 years of age and have 10 lakh in equity 2lakh in nifty and mf and 2 crore in pf. I want 2lakh post retirement
Ans: Planning for Your Retirement: Reaching Your Rs. 2 Lakh Monthly Goal
That's a fantastic question! Having Rs. 2 crore in your PF puts you in a good position for retirement. Here's how to potentially achieve your Rs. 2 lakh monthly goal:

Current Portfolio:

Strong PF Corpus: Your Rs. 2 crore PF corpus is a great foundation for retirement income.

Equity Investments: Your investments in equity and Nifty mutual funds have growth potential but also come with risk.

Estimating Retirement Income:

PF Pension: You can expect a monthly pension from your PF contributions. A CFP can help estimate the amount.

Investment Income: Your equity investments could generate income through dividends or capital appreciation. However, returns cannot be guaranteed.

Reaching the Rs. 2 Lakh Goal:

Bridging the Gap: There might be a gap between your estimated retirement income and your Rs. 2 lakh monthly goal.

Planning & Professional Guidance: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is recommended. They can assess your situation and suggest strategies to bridge the gap.

Potential Strategies:

Retirement Planning Tools: CFPs can use retirement planning tools to estimate your future income needs and suggest how to reach your Rs. 2 lakh goal.

Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP): A CFP can recommend creating an SWP from your existing investments to generate a regular income stream.

Additional Investments: They might suggest investing a portion of your equity corpus into debt funds for stability and regular income.

Remember:

Investment Horizon: Consider how long you plan to invest before needing the income. A longer horizon allows for potentially higher returns but also comes with higher risk.

Review and Adjust: Your retirement plan needs to be reviewed and adjusted periodically (at least annually) to reflect changes in your life and market conditions.

By consulting a CFP, you can create a personalized retirement plan that increases your chances of achieving your Rs. 2 lakh monthly goal!

I get long term benefit of Rs 1.46 lakh and short term benefit of Rs 48000/-.can I over Rs 50000/- in ELSS mutual fund to save long term capital gain tax in long term benefit of profit?
Ans: Looking to save tax on your long-term capital gains is a smart financial decision! Here's how ELSS (Equity Linked Saving Scheme) funds can help:

ELSS and Long-Term Capital Gains:

Tax Exemption: ELSS investments offer tax exemption up to Rs. 1.5 lakh under Section 80C.

Long-Term Benefit: If you hold your ELSS units for over one year, gains exceeding Rs. 1 lakh are taxed at a concessional rate of 10%.

Your Scenario:

Long-Term Gain: Your Rs. 1.46 lakh long-term gain can potentially be exempt from tax if invested in ELSS before the end of the financial year.
Using ELSS to Offset Gains:

Amount to Invest: While you can invest any amount in ELSS, to offset your entire gain, you'd need to invest an amount that after considering expense ratio (fund fee) leaves you with Rs. 1.46 lakh. A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) can help calculate the exact amount.
Important Reminders:

Lock-in Period: ELSS comes with a 3-year lock-in period. You cannot withdraw your money before that.

Market Volatility: Equity markets are volatile. Invest for the long term (5+ years) to ride out market fluctuations.

Benefits of Consulting a CFP:

Investment Strategy: A CFP can assess your risk tolerance and financial goals and suggest a suitable ELSS fund or a combination of funds for your investment.

Portfolio Review: They can review your existing investments and recommend how ELSS can fit within your overall portfolio strategy.

ELSS is a great tax-saving tool, but remember, it's also an equity investment. Consider consulting a CFP to ensure it aligns with your financial goals!

I want 1 crore for corpus. I invest monthly SIP 30000/- . Pls suggest best fund.
Ans: the best fund for you depends on several factors, including:

Investment Horizon: How long do you plan to invest until you need the Rs. 1 crore? A longer timeframe allows for more aggressive investments with higher growth potential but also higher risk.
Risk Tolerance: How comfortable are you with potential losses? Lower risk tolerance suggests a more conservative portfolio with a larger debt allocation.
Financial Goals: Is this Rs. 1 crore for retirement, a child's education, or another goal? Your goals will influence your investment strategy.
Here's what I can recommend:

Consult a Certified Financial Planner (CFP): A CFP can consider your unique circumstances and create a personalized investment plan to achieve your Rs. 1 crore goal.

Consider a Diversified Portfolio: Don't put all your eggs in one basket. A diversified portfolio with a mix of asset classes (equity, debt, etc.) can help manage risk. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Start an SIP in Equity Funds: If you have a long investment horizon and a moderate risk tolerance, consider a Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) in diversified equity mutual funds. SIPs help you invest regularly and benefit from rupee-cost averaging.

Here's an example (not a recommendation):

Invest in a Multi-Cap Fund (SIP): A Multi-Cap Fund invests across market capitalizations (large, mid, small).

Invest in a Flexi-Cap Fund (SIP): A Flexi-Cap Fund allows the fund manager more flexibility in choosing companies across market capitalizations.

Invest in a Debt Fund (SIP): A Debt Fund provides stability and regular income.

Remember:

There's no guaranteed path to Rs. 1 crore. Investment markets are volatile, and returns cannot be guaranteed.

Review Regularly: Review your portfolio (at least annually) with your CFP to ensure it remains on track.

By consulting a CFP and building a diversified portfolio, you can increase your chances of achieving your Rs. 1 crore goal!

I am 61 years retired person, majority of retirement funds invested in FDs and have MF investment in few funds. Iam getting pension required for maintenance as of now. Parakh Parikh Flexi Fund (Balance Rs.3 lakh with monthly SIP of Rs 2500/-, other than this, I have SBIMF Small Cap Rs.5 lakh, SBI Bluechip 3.50 lakh, Sundaram Midcap 2 lakh, Nipon India Largecap Rs. 2 lakh, ICICI Prudential Infrastructure Rs. 2 lakh, Bandhan Infrastructure Rs. 2 lakh. Contrubuting Rs. 50,000/- pa in NPS for tax purpose. Please guide
Ans: That's a great question, sir! You've made smart choices by investing in FDs for safety and some MFs for growth. Here's a breakdown of your portfolio and some suggestions:

Current Portfolio Mix:

Large Focus: A significant portion is in large-cap funds (SBI Bluechip, Nippon India Largecap) offering stability but potentially lower growth.

Small & Mid-Cap Exposure: You have exposure to small-cap (SBI Small Cap) and mid-cap funds (Sundaram Midcap) which can offer higher growth potential but also come with higher risk.

Infrastructure Focus: Investments in ICICI Prudential Infrastructure and Bandhan Infrastructure provide exposure to a specific sector.

Flexi-Cap Fund: Parag Parikh Flexi Cap offers diversification across market capitalizations.

Potential for Improvement:

Review Asset Allocation: Consider consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) to assess your risk tolerance and adjust your asset allocation (mix of investments) if needed. They can help ensure a balance between stability (debt) and growth (equity).

Sector Concentration: Consider reducing your exposure to the infrastructure sector if a large part of your portfolio is already there. Diversification helps manage risk.

Review Fund Performance: Review the performance of your existing funds. A CFP can help analyze their performance and suggest replacements if necessary.

Benefits of a CFP:

Personalized Plan: A CFP can create a personalized investment plan considering your retirement goals, risk tolerance, and existing investments.

Ongoing Monitoring: They can monitor your portfolio and recommend adjustments as your needs evolve.

Your NPS contribution is commendable! It provides tax benefits and some retirement income.

Remember:

Risk Tolerance: As a retiree, your risk tolerance might be lower. A CFP can help adjust your portfolio accordingly.

Regular Review: Review your portfolio (at least annually) with a CFP to ensure it remains aligned with your goals.

By consulting a CFP, you can potentially optimize your portfolio for stability, growth, and income needs during your retirement!

Quant value fund or quant infrastructure fund advisable to invest war time
Ans: Wartime can be a challenging time for investors. Here's a breakdown of Quant Value Fund and Quant Infrastructure Fund to help you decide which might be more suitable:

Understanding the Options:

Quant Value Fund: This fund focuses on undervalued stocks, aiming to buy them at a discount and potentially benefit when their prices rise.

Quant Infrastructure Fund: This fund invests in companies related to infrastructure development (roads, bridges, etc.). Infrastructure projects might be less affected by war compared to other sectors.

Wartime Considerations:

Market Volatility: Stock markets can be very volatile during wartime. Both Quant Value and Quant Infrastructure Funds could experience price fluctuations.

Economic Uncertainty: Wars can create economic uncertainty, impacting both stock and infrastructure sectors.

Potential Advantages of Quant Value Fund:

Long-Term Growth: Value investing focuses on long-term potential. If the war resolves and the economy recovers, undervalued stocks could see significant growth.
Potential Advantages of Quant Infrastructure Fund:

Defensive Investment: Infrastructure projects are often considered essential and might be less impacted by short-term disruptions.
Important Note:

No Guarantee of Performance: Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. Both funds could experience losses during wartime.

Seek Professional Guidance: Consulting a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is highly recommended. They can assess your risk tolerance, investment goals, and existing portfolio to suggest the most suitable option during wartime.
Additional Considerations:

Diversification: Consider diversifying your investments beyond just Quant funds. This can help mitigate risk during volatile times.

Long-Term Focus: Maintain a long-term perspective. While wartime can create short-term challenges, markets tend to recover over time.

Remember:

Wartime is unpredictable. Investing during such periods comes with inherent risks.

Professional guidance is valuable. A CFP can help you navigate these uncertainties and create a sound investment strategy.

By seeking professional advice and potentially diversifying your portfolio, you can potentially make informed investment decisions during this challenging time!

I have invested rs 5 lac in axis tax saver direct growth on 10th april.is it a good fund and can i tansfer to direct IDCW plan.
Ans: That's a great question! Investing Rs. 5 lakh in Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth on April 10th shows initiative. Here's a breakdown of your current fund and the pros and cons of Direct vs. Regular Mutual Fund investment plans:

Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth:

Reputable Fund House: Axis Mutual Fund is a well-established fund house.

Tax Benefits: ELSS (Equity Linked Savings Scheme) funds offer tax deductions under Section 80C.

Direct Plan: You've chosen a Direct Plan, which has a lower expense ratio (fee) compared to a Regular Plan. However, there are some trade-offs to consider:

Disadvantages of Direct Plans:

No Advisor Guidance: Direct plans don't involve a distributor or advisor. You'll need to do your own research and choose funds.

Limited Support: There might be limited hand-holding or investment guidance compared to a Regular Plan.

Portfolio Management: The responsibility of monitoring your portfolio and making adjustments falls on you.

Benefits of Regular Plans (through a Mutual Fund Distributor - MFD):

Personalized Advice: An MFD can assess your risk tolerance and goals, recommending suitable funds.

Ongoing Support: They can provide ongoing support, answer your questions, and help navigate market fluctuations.

Convenience: They handle paperwork, account opening, and transactions, saving you time.

MFD with CFP Qualification:

Expert Guidance: Consider an MFD with a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) qualification. They have advanced financial planning knowledge and can create a personalized investment plan for you.
Considering Transfer to IDCW Plan:

Exit Load: Check if Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth has an exit load (fee for exiting within a specific period).

Similar Investment Style? Ensure the IDCW plan has a similar investment style and tax benefits as your current fund.

Review Both Funds: Research both Axis Tax Saver Direct Growth and the IDCW plan to compare their performance and investment strategies.

Remember:

Long-Term View: Focus on your long-term investment goals. Equity markets can be volatile in the short term.

Diversification Matters: Consider if this ELSS fund fits with your overall asset allocation (mix of investments).

By potentially consulting an MFD-CFP, you can gain valuable guidance and build a portfolio aligned with your goals, even if you decide to stick with your Direct Plan!

I am 32 and wants to initiate SIP amounting INR 15000-20000 per month . Can you guide me how to initiate this , it will be for long term min. next 10-15 year . My goal is to have decent savings and funds for my just born baby future
Ans: Starting SIPs for You & Your Little One: A Smart Move!
Congratulations on becoming a parent and thinking about your future! Starting a SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) of Rs. 15,000-20,000 per month is a fantastic decision for your long-term goals (10-15 years). Here's how to get started and some tips:

Choosing a Platform:

Multiple Options: You can invest in SIPs through various platforms:
Mutual Fund Distributor (MFD) with a CFP: Get personalized advice and invest through their platform.
Online Investment Platforms: Invest directly on user-friendly platforms.
Benefits of Each Platform:

MFD-CFP: They assess your risk tolerance, goals, and recommend suitable funds. They can also help choose an online platform.
Online Platforms: Convenient and offer a variety of investment options.
Initiating Your SIP:

Simple Process: Once you choose a platform and funds, setting up an SIP is straightforward.

Automated Investment: SIPs automatically deduct a fixed amount from your bank account every month, ensuring disciplined investing.

Investing for Your Child:

Separate SIP: Consider a separate SIP for your child's future goals (education, etc.). A CFP can help choose child-specific plans.
Remember:

Start Early: The power of compounding can significantly grow your investments over time. 10-15 years is a great investment horizon.

Diversification is Key: Invest in a mix of equity and debt funds to balance growth potential with stability. Actively managed funds involve experienced fund managers who try to pick stocks to outperform the market. Actively managed funds come with higher fees compared to passively managed funds.

Review Regularly: Review your SIPs (at least annually) with your MFD-CFP to ensure they remain aligned with your evolving goals.

Congrats on taking charge of your finances! SIPs are a powerful tool to build wealth for you and your child's future.