Vivek

Vivek Lala  |251 Answers  |Ask -

Tax, MF Expert - Answered on Jun 01, 2024

Vivek Lala has been working as a tax planner since 2018. His expertise lies in making personalised tax budgets and tax forecasts for individuals. As a tax advisor, he takes pride in simplifying tax complications for his clients using simple, easy-to-understand language.

I am 40 years old. My salary is 35000/month.I have my own land for home and LIC for 3000 per month but no diposited amount. What to do?

Ans: Please be specific as to what do you need the help for , investments or taxation ?

I am 46 year of age, working in MNC. in hand salary is 1.9L/Month. I have 30L in PF and 28L in PPF. have 11L in MF and 18L in Equity. I have one property where I am staying which i bought will loan 60L. I have two kids one in 10th and second in 6th. Want to crate corpus for for my kids higher education and for retirement. Please suggest.
Ans: First, let me compliment you on having a strong financial base. At 46, with an in-hand salary of Rs. 1.9 lakh per month, you have built a solid portfolio. You have Rs. 30 lakh in PF, Rs. 28 lakh in PPF, Rs. 11 lakh in mutual funds, and Rs. 18 lakh in equity. You also own a property, which is fantastic. Let’s create a plan to meet your goals of funding your kids' higher education and ensuring a comfortable retirement.

Setting Clear Financial Goals
Goals for Kids' Higher Education
Kids' Higher Education: Your eldest is in the 10th grade and the younger one in the 6th. Planning for their college education is crucial and requires estimating the costs.
Retirement Goals
Retirement Corpus: You need a substantial corpus to maintain your lifestyle post-retirement. Let's ensure you have enough to cover all expenses without financial stress.
Creating a Diversified Investment Plan
Start by ensuring you have an emergency fund that covers 6-12 months of expenses. This fund will act as a safety net for unexpected situations. You might consider keeping around Rs. 12-15 lakh in a liquid fund or high-yield savings account for easy access.

Ensure you have adequate life and health insurance coverage. With two kids, it’s crucial to have a term insurance policy with a sum assured that’s 10-15 times your annual income. This will protect your family financially in case of unforeseen events. Also, ensure you have comprehensive health insurance for all family members.

Investment in Mutual Funds
Investing in equity mutual funds can provide higher returns over the long term. Allocate a portion of your monthly investments towards diversified equity funds. Given your current holdings, consider increasing your equity exposure for growth.

Debt mutual funds offer stability and regular returns. They are less volatile compared to equity funds. Allocate a part of your investment to debt funds for stability and moderate growth. This will balance your overall risk.

SIPs are a disciplined way to invest in mutual funds. Given your stable income, you can start or increase your monthly SIPs. Here's a suggested allocation for a balanced portfolio:

Equity Funds: Rs. 10,000 per month
Debt Funds: Rs. 5,000 per month
Hybrid Funds: Rs. 5,000 per month
This allocation will ensure a mix of growth and stability.

Your Rs. 28 lakh in PPF is a great long-term investment. PPF offers tax benefits and decent returns. Continue contributing the maximum limit of Rs. 1.5 lakh annually to benefit from compounded interest.

Provident Fund (PF)
Your PF of Rs. 30 lakh is a significant retirement asset. Continue contributing as it provides a secure and tax-efficient way to save for retirement.

Your Rs. 18 lakh in equity indicates a good risk appetite. Regularly review and rebalance your equity portfolio to ensure it aligns with your financial goals and risk tolerance.

Benefits of Professional Guidance
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
A Certified Financial Planner can provide personalized advice tailored to your financial goals. They help in selecting the right mutual funds, insurance policies, and other investment options to optimize your portfolio.

Personalized Advice
CFPs offer customized financial strategies considering your income, expenses, goals, and risk tolerance. This ensures your investments align perfectly with your financial objectives.

Avoiding Common Pitfalls
High-Risk Investments
Avoid high-risk investments like direct stocks or speculative ventures. They offer high returns but come with significant risks. Stick to diversified mutual funds for balanced growth.

Index Funds
Index funds simply replicate market indices and have lower management fees. However, actively managed funds can offer higher returns through strategic investments by professional managers.

Direct Mutual Funds
Direct mutual funds might seem attractive due to lower costs. However, investing through a CFP ensures professional guidance and better alignment with your financial goals.

Long-Term Financial Planning
Projecting Future Needs
Estimate your future financial needs, including your kids' education and your retirement expenses. Consider inflation and lifestyle changes. This helps set clear targets for your savings and investments.

Regular Reviews
Regularly review your investment portfolio to ensure it stays on track. Market conditions change, and so should your investment strategy. Consult your CFP to make necessary adjustments.

Reinvesting Matured Funds
Reinvest matured funds from PF, PPF, and other investments into mutual funds for growth. Choose a mix of equity, debt, and hybrid funds to balance risk and returns.

Benefits of Mutual Funds
Professional Management
Mutual funds are managed by professional fund managers. They have the expertise to select the best stocks and bonds, ensuring optimal returns. This professional management is crucial for maximizing your investments.

Mutual funds offer diversification, spreading your investment across various assets. This reduces risk and ensures stability. A diversified portfolio is key to balanced growth and risk management.

Compounding Returns
Investing in mutual funds through SIPs leverages the power of compounding. The returns earned are reinvested, generating further returns. This significantly boosts your investment growth over time.

Financial Discipline
Budgeting
Create a monthly budget to track your income and expenses. This helps identify areas where you can cut costs and allocate more towards investments. Financial discipline is key to achieving your goals.

Avoiding Unnecessary Expenses
Limit unnecessary expenses and focus on essential spending. This ensures more funds are available for investments, accelerating your wealth creation and securing your future.

Maintain an emergency fund to cover unforeseen expenses. This prevents you from dipping into your investments. An emergency fund ensures financial stability and peace of mind.

Staying Informed
Regular Updates
Stay informed about your investments by regularly checking their performance. Use financial news, market analysis, and updates from your CFP to make informed decisions. Knowledge is power in managing your investments.

Continuous Learning
Educate yourself about different investment options and market trends. Continuous learning helps in making better investment choices and understanding the financial landscape.

Feedback from CFP
Regularly seek feedback from your CFP regarding your investment strategy. They can provide valuable insights and recommendations based on market conditions and your financial goals.

Securing your kids' higher education and your retirement is achievable with disciplined investing and financial planning. By diversifying your investments, leveraging SIPs, and seeking professional guidance, you can effectively grow your wealth and achieve your goals. Stay informed, maintain financial discipline, and regularly review your portfolio to ensure it aligns with your objectives. Investing in a mix of equity, debt, and hybrid mutual funds will provide a balanced approach, ensuring both growth and stability.

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Jul 12, 2024

Hello sir my name is Santu Chakraborty.I am 34 year old now unmarried. My qualification is Bsc botany honours with 2nd class +diploma in mechanical engineering with distinction +btech in mechanical engineering from government engineering college west Bengal with 7.5 dgpa.I have 6 years of teaching experience in private diploma engineering college and now I working as a vocational teacher in automobile engineering department in gov high school.In my early phase of life I am going through lots of Misguide,seveare Anxiety issue. Nobody can help me on that phase.I recover mostly by my own after various dillema.I want to work in mechanical r and d company, Mechanical design basis company and also upgrade my teaching carrier. How can I start my journey at this age ?what is the risk factor also? Please tell me. I am very enthusiastic dedicated person. I have no guide in my home. My father is vegetable seller.
Ans: Hi Santu Chakraborty,

This is a really exhaustive query.

The journey thru' your acquisition of qualifications has been vast!

In the course of your life you are now suffering from SNIOP (SUSCEPTIBLE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE) this happens when you let others control your life.

I have this poem.. Especially for one's like you!

The Guy in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.
He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.
You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

Dale Wimbrow (c) 1934

Get the enthusiasm going, don't get embroiled in what life has been before!

Take a stranglehold of your life and make it BIG!

The opportunities are.. Miracles waiting to happen, what are you waiting for.. You are the catalyst!?
Maxim Emmanuel.

Pick up yourself don't be a victim of self pity.

If you do need further professional advice happy to assist
https://m.me/maxim.emmanuel.2024