Dr Hemalata

Dr Hemalata Arora  |201 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Aug 20, 2023

Dr Hemalata Arora is a senior consultant who practises internal medicine at Mumbai’s Nanavati Max Super Speciality Hospital.
In a career spanning over 24 years, she has focused on managing infectious diseases, critical illnesses and lifestyle disorders.
Dr Arora completed her MBBS and MD from the King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College in Mumbai.
She is ECFMG certified, accredited by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Diplomate of the National Board and a DNB faculty.
Asked by Anonymous - Aug 09, 2023Hindi

Me and my wife, we are planning family for last 8 months. But wife is not getting pregnant. Shall we seek doctors advice? I am 32 and my wife is 30. We got married in Dec 2020. Please suggest.

Ans: 8 months is not a very long time and most likely you will conceive naturally. However, it is a good idea to see a fertility specialist or a OBGYN once and get evaluated to ensure you are not missing anything which will need attention later. There is no need to jump to fertility procedures but being aware that everything is normal would be very reassuring and encourage you try naturally in a more stress free way. All the best!