Dr Ashit

Dr Ashit Hegde  |180 Answers  |Ask -

Consultant Physician, Internal Medicine and Critical Care Expert - Answered on May 25, 2023

Dr Ashit Hegde specialises in internal medicine and intensive care. He has nearly 40 years of experience and is consultant physician, intensivist and head of the critical care section at the PD Hinduja Hospital and Medical Research Centre.
He is actively involved in teaching and training residents for post graduate programmes in internal medicine and critical care.
Peesay Question by Peesay on May 23, 2023Hindi

Iam 44 yr and my disc is not even size and I met with doctor they suggested for xray ap/lat and report showing as marginal osteophytes in spine

Ans: I think you will need to undergo physiotherapy under supervision, May also need to take Vit D and Calcium supplements

Nidhi

Nidhi Gupta  |153 Answers  |Ask -

Physiotherapist - Answered on Oct 16, 2023

i am 55 years old. Retired defense pilot. Have lots of sports injury which is showing up at this age. Body biochemistry is all with in limits, only fasting sugar is 108. For last few months i am having pain in outer left thigh muscles which increases during sleep as well as while lying down resulting in sleepless nights hence general body fatigue due lack of sleep. My exercise includes 5-6 km walk in the morning and occasionally thrice a week cycling. Orthopedic , General surgeon, neurologist as well as ayurvedic doctor has been consulted with MRI report. FINDINGS: Dorsal and lumbar vertebrae are normal in attenuation and alignment. Straightening of lumbar lordosis. Desiccation of lumbar intervertebral disc from L2-L3 to L5-S1 levels. Mild diffuse disc bulges at L2-L3, L3-L4 and L4-L5 intervertebral discs indenting anterior thecal sac with mild narrowing of lateral recesses and neural foramina. No significant compression of the cauda equina. Mild disc bulge at L5-S1 level indenting anterior thecal sac. Bilateral facet arthropathy is seen at L4-L5 level. Dorsal spinal cord, conus medullaris and cauda equine are normal. Para spinal soft tissues are normal. IMPRESSION: Mild lumbar spondylosis with mild diffuse disc bulges from L2-L3 to L5-S1 levels. Kindly help me and advice
Ans: Hello Partha,
You need to consult a physiotherapist who knows the Mckenzie treatment for slipped disc. At times pain in outer thigh can be due to slipped disc.
Or you may have a hip bursitis which will not come up in lumbar spine MRI, only hip MRI will show it. Outer thigh pain while sleeping on left side can cause pain if it is a left hip bursitis.
Or this could be a Iliotibial band tightness which is a band of muscles on the outer thigh.
A good sports physiotherapist who also knows the Mckenzie treatment needs to evaluate you, understand the root cause and accordingly give you the treatment and you should be fine.

I am about 68 year's I have two sons who are married via arranged process. My younger son's wife is educated teacher. But she had a torturous up bring during high school days. Leading to least interest in married life after marriage. She deserted my son soon after marriage. This led to break down in marriage now heading for a divorce. Please advise.
Ans: It sounds like a deeply painful situation for everyone involved, especially considering the emotional trauma your daughter-in-law experienced during her formative years.

It's important to recognize that individuals who have gone through traumatic experiences in their youth can carry emotional wounds that affect their relationships later in life. These scars may manifest in ways that make it difficult for them to fully engage in marital life or maintain a healthy relationship.

In situations like these, it’s crucial to approach with empathy and understanding. Your daughter-in-law’s decision to desert your son and pursue divorce likely stems from her own internal struggles and emotional turmoil. It’s not a reflection of your son’s worth or efforts within the marriage.

Moving forward, it might be helpful for your son to focus on his own healing and well-being. Encouraging him to seek support from friends, family, or a professional counselor can provide him with a safe space to process his emotions and navigate this challenging transition.

As a family, offering unconditional support and empathy to both your son and daughter-in-law can create an environment where healing and understanding can begin. It’s important to respect each individual’s journey and decisions while also recognizing the need for compassion during this difficult time.

Hi, I am 40 yr old woman. I am staying with my husband who always doubt me without any reason. As he is dependent on me. He is jobless from last 5 yr. I am the only earning person I don't have any type of attitude. While balancing professional as well as personal life I use to listen his bitter words every day. Not only that he started beating me like anything Just coz of so-called reputation I tolerate him. But 7 months back I came across with a man in my life we both started liking each other, I shared everything with him. But he left his job due to some issues with manager and started working somewhere else. He started ignoring me. Please help me out to understand what is right and wrong in this?
Ans: Balancing the pressures of professional life with the strain of an abusive marriage is a heavy burden, and you deserve to feel safe, respected, and valued.

Your husband's behavior—doubting you without cause, subjecting you to daily verbal abuse, and physically harming you—is deeply troubling and completely unacceptable. It's important to acknowledge that no matter the circumstances, you do not deserve to be treated this way. The fear of societal judgment and concerns about reputation are common reasons people stay in harmful relationships, but your well-being and safety are far more important than maintaining appearances.

Meeting someone who offers emotional support when you’re in such a painful situation is understandable. It’s natural to seek comfort and a connection when you're feeling isolated and mistreated. However, the new man's recent behavior, where he started ignoring you after changing jobs, might feel like another layer of abandonment. This is especially tough because you opened up and shared your struggles with him, hoping for understanding and companionship.

In terms of what’s right and wrong, it's essential to focus on your needs and well-being. Staying in an abusive relationship is harmful to your physical and emotional health. You have the right to seek safety and happiness. The relationship with the new man might have provided temporary emotional relief, but it seems he's not able to be the supportive presence you hoped for, especially now when he’s pulling away.
Right now, focus on what you need to feel safe and supported. Consider reaching out to trusted friends, family, or professional services who can help you navigate this challenging time. You deserve a life free from fear and filled with respect and care. Prioritizing your own happiness and safety is the most important step forward.