Dr Karthiyayini

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan  |678 Answers  |Ask -

General Physician - Answered on Apr 28, 2023

Dr Karthiyayini Mahadevan has been practising for 30 years.
She specialises in general medicine, child development and senior citizen care.
A graduate from Madurai Medical College, she has DNB training in paediatrics and a postgraduate degree in developmental neurology.
She has trained in Tai chi, eurythmy, Bothmer gymnastics, spacial dynamics and yoga.
S Question by S on Apr 27, 2023Hindi

Dear Doctor, I am 61 yrs young. My BP is 140/85 or 136/80 with Olsar A40 in the morning. I had Angina pain, Was a smoker-now left for good for last 9 months. Cholosterol is normal-ECG ECHO 2D TMT ECG all normal-Angiography normal, I am taking Revelol XL 50 in morning-Nikoran 10 OD in morning,Ecosprun gold at night.Now despite all tests normal,i have intermittent slight pain atleast twice daily inside the last 2 left rib cage.Chest x-ray was normal.What could be the reason?

Ans: Observe when do you get this pain. Is there an aggregating or relieving factor for this pain?
If this happens soon after meals, or after a particular food, pay attention to that.
What is the quality of the pain? If it is pricking then unlikely to be of cardiac cause

Samraat

Samraat Jadhav  |1651 Answers  |Ask -

Stock Market Expert - Answered on Apr 20, 2024

hi sir : my son doing job since two year monthly earning is 60 K. but his saving is nil. pl. advice where to invest
Ans: It's great that your son has started earning, and it's essential to guide him on saving and investing for the future. Here's a step-by-step investment plan tailored for him:

Emergency Fund: Start by building an emergency fund equivalent to 3-6 months of expenses. This fund should be easily accessible, like a savings account or a liquid fund.
Debt Repayment: If he has any high-interest debts like credit card bills or personal loans, it's wise to clear those first to avoid paying hefty interest.
Investment Options:
Equity Mutual Funds: For long-term wealth creation, he can start SIPs in diversified equity funds. A mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds can provide growth.
PPF (Public Provident Fund): A tax-efficient and safe option for long-term savings with a lock-in period of 15 years.
NPS (National Pension System): A retirement-focused investment with tax benefits, offering a mix of equity, corporate bonds, and government securities.
Term Insurance: Since he's working, consider getting a term insurance plan to ensure financial security for his dependents.
Health Insurance: A comprehensive health insurance plan to cover medical emergencies can provide financial security and tax benefits.
Budgeting and Savings: Encourage him to create a monthly budget to track expenses and identify areas to save. Automating investments through SIPs can also help in disciplined saving.
Financial Education: Educate him about the importance of financial planning, saving, and investing. Encourage him to read books or attend workshops on personal finance.
Starting early with disciplined saving and investing can help him build a substantial corpus over time. Encourage him to consult a financial advisor for personalized guidance tailored to his financial goals and risk tolerance.