Komal

Komal Jethmalani  |314 Answers  |Ask -

Dietician, Diabetes Expert - Answered on Feb 28, 2024

Komal Jethmalani is a practising dietician and nutritionist with over 26 years of experience.
She specialises in weight loss and diabetes management.
Jethmalani has completed her MSc in food and nutrition from SNDT University and trained at Jaslok Hospital.
Dilip Question by Dilip on Feb 02, 2024Hindi

I am 59 year old weight 64 kg height 165 cm bmi in control. Before 2021 I was non diabetic and no control over food intake. Since 2023 my Hba1c started increasing and in oct 2023 it was around 9. Since then I have started control food. my FBS in Dec 2023 was 200 and pp2bs was 270 to 300. in jan 2024 I more strict on food intake hence in Jan 2024 my FBS came down to 170 and pp2bs is 190 to 225 in home glucometer. I amnot taking any medicine till now pl adv how can I reduce more by food and life style. I am regular in my excercise and walking from Dilip Agrawal

Ans: Glad to know that you are more conscious of your health and diet. However, a FBS of 170 mg/dl and PP of 190-225 mg/dl is still in an uncontrolled blood sugar level range. Focus on lifestyle modifications like selection of complex carbohydrates like whole grains and legumes. Include high fiber foods like vegetables, fruits, oats, etc. in your daily diet. Avoid the intake of foods high in added sugars and processed foods like cakes, pastries, fried foods, fast foods, chocolates, alcohol, etc. to prevent blood sugar spikes. Maintain at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic physical activity per week. Achieve a healthy weight. Follow a regular exercise regimen and eat at regular intervals.