Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |15 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on Sep 15, 2023

Asked by Anonymous - Sep 14, 2023

Hi sir,I have a seven year experience in Retail banking with a b.com background what courses of job can I apply for a growth in career.

Ans: Though there are students in the top IIMs with 8 to 10 years work experience for the 2 year MBA course, it is recommended to try for a 1 year Executive MBA course if you have more than 5 years of work experience. You need to write the GMAT if you plan to do Executive MBA from the top IIMs, ISB, XLRI, etc.
I believe this would be good for your career growth.

Abhishek

Abhishek Shah  |44 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Jun 23, 2023

Hi, I am working in one of the shipping line MNC, i handling there accounts receivable since past 6 years, before this, i was with airlines company, was handling there account payable profile. though its been 13 years of experince, i am not getting any growth and feeling like i am going no where in career. please guide me what option and suitable courses which will help me in my prifessional growth.
Ans: Hello Mahesh,

I understand that despite your 13 years of experience in handling accounts receivable and accounts payable, you are currently feeling stagnant and seeking guidance on suitable courses and options for professional growth. I can offer you some suggestions to help you progress in your career.

Continuous Learning: In the ever-evolving world of finance and accounting, it is crucial to stay updated with the latest trends, regulations, and technologies. Consider enrolling in courses or pursuing certifications that enhance your knowledge in areas such as financial analysis, risk management, data analytics, or international accounting standards. These will not only expand your skill set but also make you more valuable to your current and future employers.

Specialization: Assess your strengths and interests within the accounting field and consider specializing in a particular area. For example, you could focus on tax accounting, auditing, financial planning and analysis, or managerial accounting. Specializing can help you stand out from the competition and open up new opportunities for career advancement.

Networking and Professional Associations: Engage with professional associations related to accounting and finance, both locally and internationally. Attend conferences, seminars, and networking events to meet professionals in your field and expand your professional network. Building connections can lead to new career prospects, mentorship opportunities, and valuable insights from industry experts.

Seek Internal Opportunities: Explore potential growth opportunities within your current organization. Speak with your supervisors or human resources department about your aspirations for career progression. Express your interest in taking on additional responsibilities, cross-functional projects, or managerial roles. Taking initiative and demonstrating your ambition can lead to internal promotions or transfers to more challenging positions.

Consider Advanced Degrees: Depending on your long-term career goals, you may consider pursuing an advanced degree such as a Master's in Business Administration (MBA), a Master's in Finance, or a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification. These qualifications can enhance your knowledge, provide a broader business perspective, and potentially increase your earning potential.

Personal Development: Besides professional qualifications, do not overlook the importance of personal development. Enhance your leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, as these qualities are highly valued in managerial positions. Consider attending workshops or seminars that focus on soft skills development.

Remember that professional growth is a continuous journey, and it requires a proactive approach. Assess your goals, skills, and interests regularly to ensure you are heading in the right direction. It is also crucial to maintain a positive attitude, embrace challenges, and stay motivated throughout your career.

I hope these suggestions provide you with a starting point for your professional growth. Wishing you the very best in your career endeavors.

Best regards,
Abhishek Shah
Aashish

Aashish Sood  |37 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on Jul 29, 2023

I am pursuing Final year of BBA Finance ? I am so much confused to ake my career.Kindly advice what should i do for my career growth?
Ans: It's completely normal to feel confused about your career path, especially when you're in the final year of your undergraduate studies. The good news is that you have already chosen a specialization in BBA Finance, which means you have a solid foundation in finance-related subjects. Here are some steps to help you plan your career growth:

1. Research Career Options: Explore the various career options available to BBA Finance graduates. Some potential career paths include financial analyst, investment banking, corporate finance, risk management, financial planning, and wealth management. Research each option to understand the job roles, required skills, and growth prospects.

2. Internships: Consider doing internships or part-time jobs in finance-related roles. Practical experience can give you a better understanding of the industry and help you discover what you enjoy and excel at.

3. Further Education: Depending on your career goals, you might consider pursuing further education, such as a Master's degree or professional certifications (like CFA, FRM, or CFP). Additional qualifications can enhance your skills and marketability in the finance field.

4. Skill Development: Identify the key skills required for your desired career path and work on developing them. These skills may include financial analysis, data analysis, communication, problem-solving, and decision-making.

5. Stay Updated: Keep yourself updated with the latest trends and developments in the finance industry. Subscribe to financial publications, join professional finance forums, and attend workshops or webinars to expand your knowledge.

6. Job Search: Start looking for entry-level job opportunities in your chosen finance area. Many companies offer graduate trainee programs for fresh BBA graduates. Apply to positions that align with your interests and career goals.

Remember, career growth is a continuous process, and it's okay to start with a job that aligns with your interests and learn and grow from there. Stay persistent, be proactive in your career exploration, and trust that with time and effort, you will find a path that suits you and allows you to achieve your career aspirations.