Shital

Shital Kakkar Mehra  |7 Answers  |Ask -

CEO Coach, Business Communication Expert - Answered on Feb 09, 2023

With over 20 years of experience, Shital Kakkar Mehra is one of India’s leading coaches for CEOs. She has personally trained over 45,000 professionals across Asia, including numerous CEOs from leading multinational and progressive domestic companies. Mehra is an All-India gold medallist in hospitality administration from the Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai. She also holds a bachelor’s degree in sociology from the University of Mumbai and an executive presence certification from Cornell University.... more
Abhishek Question by Abhishek on Feb 09, 2023Hindi

Hi Mayank , I am an industrial automation engineer aged 43 , I am earning a CTC of 26 LPA , I have changed my all previous jobs after every 5-6 years span , from last 12 years my profile has been a combination of team leader and engineering contribution, but in my current job I am on bench from 2 years now , good thing that getting the salary , but due to less salaries in my core area of industrial automation I am not finding any suitable job and even got rejected many times as all positions comparable to my salary are plant HODs for which I do not qualify , I have no option but to look for job outside india which is again not easy for my domain , kindly suggest what is the best possible solution for candidate like me ? Thanks in advance

Ans: Dear Mayank,
Please connect with a reputed recruitment specialist/ career counsellor who should be able to guide you.

Thanks

Mayank Rautela  |238 Answers  |Ask -

HR Expert - Answered on Dec 23, 2021

Hi Mayank, I would like to keep my question anonymous. I have been working in an energy solutions-based company. It is a multinational engineering consultancy company. Our main line of business is engineering of oil and gas based refineries and related petrochemical plants. I joined this Mumbai-based company in 2015 as a trainee. I am happy with the work but my financial growth is very slow as compared to my friends working in similar companies. I haven't switched companies as on now. I am looking for a job switch both in India or abroad (Dubai/ Singapore).  I have been trying hard to find a company for a job switch but I am not getting response from anyone. I mainly try through LinkedIn and Naukri. My questions to you are: 1. Could you please advise what is the best way to find jobs abroad (because I'm tired of applying via LinkedIn). Should I take any professional help? If yes, please suggest the name of a good company you know. 2. What is the best way to switch a job in India, considering the lack of response from employers through LinkedIn or Naukri? I'll be very happy to have answers to this. Thanks and regards, Anonymous

Hi. As you work in a niche segment, your job search also needs to be focused.

Make a list of the companies where your skills are the most appropriate.  Then connect with people who work in those companies through LinkedIn. Approach them for a suitable role as all good companies have internal employee referral programmes.

Also, please understand that you should not look for a job only because of a low salary.

If your management is supportive and is willing to gradually increase your salary, then you can consider continuing here.