Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Krishna Kumar is the founder and CEO of GoMoTech, a company that provides strategic consulting in B2B sales, performance management and digital transformation.
Before branching out on his own, he worked with companies like Microsoft, Rediff, Flipkart and InMobi.
With over 25 years of experience under his belt, KK is a regular speaker at industry events and academic intuitions, both in India as well as abroad.
KK completed his MBA in marketing from the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning in Andhra Pradesh and his management development programme from XLRI, Jamshedpur.

I am a local broadband operator at Kolkata and selling broadband & OTT services on commission basis. I am a franchisee of Class A ISP of India. I am planning to start my own ISP where I can get more exposure but threat is jio and airtel. So, kindly guide and advise

Ans: Dear

Please note building ISP business in the face of competition is not going to be easy, also ISP is a commodity business where price of services plays a big role. In the face of competition you need to figure out what is your differentiation and why customers would use your services vis a vis competition. If you have distinct advantage over them which would be sustainable them yes or else keep away.

Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |56 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Feb 19, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Nov 08, 2023Hindi
Hello Harsh, I have 15 years of work experience in cutting edge internet Technology companies. I am planning to hang my boots and do a start-up in the same domain. Could you please let me know the most importatnt things to look out for i.e. things to do and not to do. This will help of great help. Thank you.
Ans: With 15 years of experience in internet technology, you have a wealth of knowledge and insight that can be invaluable in your initial start-up in the same industry Your extensive industry experience gives you insight love on market trends, customer needs, and technological developments Provides the right resources and provides a solid foundation for business success. Here are some of the most important factors to consider when applying for entrepreneurship.

Things you can do:

First, it’s important to understand the needs and issues facing your target market, competitors, and potential customers.
Clearly explain your startup's uniqueness and how it resolves a problem or fulfills a need better than existing solutions.
Develop a detailed plan about your business, goals, target market, marketing strategy, revenue model, financial projections, etc.
Bring talented individuals on your board who share valuable startup vision and complement your skills. So, don't hesitate to surround yourself with amazing people!
Give top priority to deliver exceptional customer service and build strong relationships with your effective customers.
A great way to start is by developing a minimum viable product (MVP) and gathering proper feedback from early adopters because It will help you to refine and improve your offering.
For more interaction with customers, develop a marketing strategy to increase awareness of your startup.
Build some meaningful relationships with potential investors, mentors, industry experts, and fellow entrepreneurs. Who can offer valuable support and guidance to you?
To be flexible and ready to adapt to feedback and changing circumstances based on market trends.
Prioritizing your physical and mental well-being is key to long-term success as an entrepreneur.

Things Not to Do:

Do not ignore daily industry trends and changes in consumer behavior to remain competitive.
Don't underestimate the costs of your budget and expenses, and factor in unforeseen costs.
Losing focus on your core business objectives and getting distracted by shiny new opportunities
Not ensuring whether your startup is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations to avoid legal problems in the future.
To avoid fatigue, do not pace yourself and do not prioritize tasks.
Not analyzing competitors thoroughly and ignoring their strengths and weaknesses.
Being hesitant in taking feedback from customers, mentors, and team members and not using it to improve your product or service
Not taking the time to develop a high-quality product or service and failing to meet customer needs and provide value
Not investing in building a strong brand identity that resonates with your target audience.
Not accepting failure as a learning opportunity and not using failure as motivation to persevere and improve.

As you embark on this new journey, it is essential to leverage your expertise to identify unique opportunities and develop innovative solutions that address critical challenges in the Internet technology sector. Best wishes on this exciting entrepreneurial journey!

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Jul 23, 2024

Me and my boyfriend are in long distance relationship from past 6 months, I told him about my past in almost starting of it that I had 2 friends with benefits in past and one of that person was my classmate as well as friend, and he used to still contact me, and when I came in relationship also, he called me during that time and I told regarding my relationship status, and I also informed my boyfriend that I talked with him but this thing happened before he knows that I had physical intimacy with him, then when he asked me to block, I suddenly question "what is the point of blocking him" which I regret the most, but I blocked him later by myself, now my boyfriend is sayine me that I have cheated him and he won't trust me till his death, but I told everything in past happened to him. I love him a lot but he is not giving to work together in this relationship and saying that he won't stay loyal to me anymore, he won't trust be ever, as per him I have cheated him, but my intentions were not wrong at all, tho that guy was in contact but I never initiate any conversation with him while I came into relationship, is it really a cheat, is it that he should not trust me anymore? Please guide

It sounds like you are going through a rough time and I am sorry for it. Here's a thought and I am sure you have thought of it too, try to see things from his perspective. While you know that you never cheated nor meant to, it is important to acknowledge that your boyfriend's feelings are valid. He is feeling betrayed and that's a fact. Now, our goal should be to fix this issue. How do we do it? Communication is the only way. Tell him that you understand his perspective but it is important that he sees yours too. If he wants to vent, listen to him. Do not interrupt or become defensive. Understand whatever he says is coming from his insecurity. I know it's difficult not to take it personally, but his statements will be a reflection of his feelings and not your character. Remember this during the conversation. Once he is done speaking, reassure him that you had no intention of cheating. You can also reassure him of your commitment. Promise to be more transparent and point out that you were honest with him from the beginning. If you had any intention to cheat, you could have easily not shared with him your past. But you did and that shows that you are committed to this relationship. Tell him that you understand the need for boundaries and it is not okay to be in touch with people who make your partner uncomfortable.

Look, rebuilding trust needs work and it also takes time. Both of you need to work on it. You will have to work on making him trust you and he will have to work on letting go of his misconception (which might be his reality) and trust you wholly again. Relationships don't work till two people trust each other completely. If he continues to say that he can't trust you again, it might be best to reconsider this relationship. Even though your words hurt him, you did not cheat on him in reality. Why should you have to live in fear that he will cheat on you merely to take revenge?

After you put in all the effort, see where it goes. If things do not get better, rethinking the relationship would be best. Everyone deserves someone who can trust and be trusted.