Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Jun 16, 2024

Maxim Emmanuel is the marketing director of Maxwill Zeus Expositions.
An alumnus of the Xavier Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai, Maxim has over 30 years of experience in training young professionals and corporate organisations on how to improve soft skills and build interpersonal relationships through effective communication.
Asma Question by Asma on May 12, 2024Hindi

Hi im asma i need your help to guide me ,first of all im a single mother who has got 2 kids i have gape of nearly 9 years of work trying to get respectable life back because of my partner is so well with this he left me alone with kids since i have no one to support want to start my career with good job .

Ans: Asma,

I understand what you are going through design a decent resume, not more than 2 pages, apply for job's using online search, that fit your qualifications and aptitude.

Try you will certainly succeed!
However if you need professional advice happy to assist!

https://m.me/maxim.emmanuel.2024

Chandu

Chandu Nair  |65 Answers  |Ask -

VC, Angel Investing, Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Feb 12, 2024

Dear Mr CHandu, I am 53 yrs now and an BE by qualification. I have been working in IT industry (14 yrs) and from 2007 have been working in IT Security profile as GM. In 2015 I left the job over an partnership offer which did not materialized but i lost the job. I started an start-up ecommerce company with a good concept which was liked and appreciated by the franchisees as even today they are running a grocery store which was setup by me, though my business shut down due to non funding and was cheated in the name of funding. After long gap I did join the company but lasted for just 8 months and now again am job less. I have a good start-up idea in healthcare which is workable and have been appreciated by people to whom i have brief though i M yet to launch due to funds issue, Though people are trying to find the funding after hearing the biz idea. My wife is working and have 2 kids in 12th and 10th Std respectively. Pls advice.
Ans: Dear Mr Dinesh,
It looks like you have been through a lot after getting into business on your own. Your children too are at a critical stage in life which requires funds for higher education in the next few years. The first question to ask yourself is - what is the priority in your life? Is it financial stability for the family esp for the kids? Or is it the pursuit of your business? The second question is - what is the current status of your household finances? Is there enough savings to manage the household, upcoming education expenses, other expenses (travel, medical etc)?
If you are shaky, it may be time for you to consider taking an assignment which offers you a fixed remuneration and also flexibility to work on your idea. You say you were in the field of IT security. Can you consider an assignment which might take 2-3 days per week managing and overseeing the IT security for a company which cannot afford a full-time professional?
You may also want to consider getting incubated in a good healthcare incubator in your city and also apply for a start-up funding grant from the government of India and/or local state government programmes.

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations

Dear guru, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: Dear friend,

Firstly, let me commend you for your selflessness and dedication to supporting your family members. Your sacrifices and contributions have undoubtedly made a significant difference in their lives, and you should take pride in that.

Now, let's address your concerns about your own future and the well-being of your children. It's understandable that you may feel anxious about not having saved enough for their education and future needs. However, it's essential to recognize that it's never too late to start planning and taking steps towards securing their future.

Here are some steps you can consider to put things into perspective and chart a clear way forward:

Assess Your Financial Situation: Begin by conducting a thorough assessment of your current financial status. Take stock of your assets, liabilities, income, and expenses. Understanding where you stand financially will help you make informed decisions about your next steps.

Prioritize Your Goals: Identify your most pressing financial goals, such as funding your children's education, securing your retirement, and starting your own business. Prioritize these goals based on their urgency and importance.

Create a Financial Plan: Develop a comprehensive financial plan that outlines how you intend to achieve your goals. Consider factors such as budgeting, saving, investing, and risk management. A financial plan will serve as a roadmap to guide your actions and ensure you stay on track towards your objectives.

Start Saving and Investing: Begin setting aside a portion of your income towards your children's education fund and your retirement savings. Explore investment options that align with your risk tolerance and investment horizon. Consider consulting with a financial advisor to help you develop an investment strategy tailored to your needs.

Explore Entrepreneurship: If you feel inclined to start your own business, carefully evaluate the feasibility and potential risks involved. Conduct thorough market research, develop a solid business plan, and consider seeking mentorship or guidance from experienced entrepreneurs. Starting a business can be rewarding but requires careful planning and preparation.

Take Care of Yourself: Remember to prioritize your health and well-being amidst your responsibilities and aspirations. Take time to rest, recharge, and engage in activities that bring you joy and fulfillment. Your physical and mental well-being are essential for your ability to pursue your goals effectively.

Communicate with Your Family: Keep an open line of communication with your spouse and children about your aspirations, concerns, and plans for the future. Involve them in the decision-making process and ensure they understand the reasons behind your choices. Family support can be invaluable as you navigate life's challenges and opportunities.

In conclusion, while it's natural to feel overwhelmed by the uncertainties of the future, taking proactive steps towards financial planning and pursuing your aspirations can help alleviate some of that anxiety. Trust in your abilities, seek guidance when needed, and stay focused on your goals. Remember that each step you take today brings you closer to a brighter tomorrow.

Best wishes on your journey ahead.