Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |55 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Oct 19, 2023

Harsh Bharwani is a fourth generation entrepreneur.
As CEO and managing director, he leads the international business and employability initiatives at the computer networking institute, Jetking Infotrain Limited.
After graduating from Delhi University, Bharwani joined the family business in 2010 and set up operations in the US and Vietnam.
Deepa Question by Deepa on Jul 19, 2023Translate

We have highway touch land around 1 acre, front facing. It is 25 kms away from Main city. Please suggest best business ideas

Ans: Gas Station/Convenience Store: Setting up a gas station with an attached convenience store is a lucrative option, especially if there is limited competition in the area. Highway travelers often need to refuel and purchase snacks or necessities.
Truck Stop or Rest Area: If the location is near a major trucking route, consider creating a rest area or truck stop with amenities like parking, food, showers, and restrooms for truck drivers and long-haul travelers.

Fast Food or Drive-Thru Restaurant: Establish a fast-food restaurant or drive-thru with a focus on quick service. This can attract both travelers and locals looking for a convenient meal option.

Hotel/Motel: If there is a demand for lodging in the area, consider building a hotel or motel. Tourists and long-distance travelers often seek comfortable places to stay.

Auto Repair Shop: Set up an auto repair shop or service station. With the highway proximity, you can attract travelers in need of vehicle maintenance or repair services.

Farmers' Market: If the land is suitable for farming, consider starting a farmers' market. You can grow and sell fresh produce, attracting locals and tourists passing through.

Recreational Vehicle (RV) Park: Develop an RV park or campground for travelers looking to spend the night. Offer amenities like hookups, showers, and a common area.

Warehousing/Storage Facility: Depending on the location's zoning regulations, you could build a warehouse or storage facility for businesses in need of storage space.

Outdoor Adventure/Recreation Center: If the area has scenic or natural attractions, consider starting an adventure or recreation center, offering activities like hiking, biking, or guided tours.

Auto Dealership: If you have the capital and market demand, you can consider opening an auto dealership, specializing in used or niche vehicles.

Retail Plaza: Build a small retail plaza with multiple shops for various businesses like a grocery store, pharmacy, coffee shop, and other convenience stores.

Car Wash: A car wash facility can be profitable, as many travelers like to keep their vehicles clean while on the road.

Truck Rental/Leasing: Offer truck rental or leasing services for businesses and individuals needing commercial vehicles for transportation or moving purposes.

Billboard Advertising: If the land is close to a high-traffic area, consider leasing space for billboard advertising. Advertisers often pay for prominent billboard locations.

Solar Farm: If the land is not suitable for other businesses, you could lease it for a solar farm, generating renewable energy and earning income through power generation.

Before starting any business, conduct a thorough market analysis, assess the local competition, and consider the specific needs and preferences of the target audience in your area. Additionally, check local zoning regulations and obtain any necessary permits or approvals before proceeding with your business idea.

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations