Workplace Expert - Answered on Feb 23, 2024

Krishna Kumar is the founder and CEO of GoMoTech, a company that provides strategic consulting in B2B sales, performance management and digital transformation.
Before branching out on his own, he worked with companies like Microsoft, Rediff, Flipkart and InMobi.
With over 25 years of experience under his belt, KK is a regular speaker at industry events and academic intuitions, both in India as well as abroad.
KK completed his MBA in marketing from the Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning in Andhra Pradesh and his management development programme from XLRI, Jamshedpur.
Ravi Question by Ravi on Sep 21, 2023Hindi

Hello Sir, Don't disclose my name, I am working in boarding school from last 2 year's, last year principal changed and he is giving lot of work (harassing staff ) so around 50% of staff left the school. he is not appointing new staff also. hardly 2-3 staff he has appointed. In my department 3 staff ware there now I am alone, he is not appointing any one, so I am alone handling all the classes. he has increased the work also. So I decided to leave the work and I got the work also. I have sent my resignation letter through mail. In my appointment letter they have mentioned “During the probation period your service may be terminated by ONE MONTH NOTICE on “either side or Salary in lieu of notice” and The relieving date in all circumstances will not be earlier than the last day of the academic year unless the school terminates. if you are working on any assignment when you tender your resignation such assignment must be completed to the satisfaction of the school before your services will be released. As allocation of subject teaching is a duty allocated for the academic year the reliving date will not be earlier than the last date of the academic year in which the resignation is tender. The school does not encourage mid term session dis continuation of services. School academic year will ends in April. At the time of appointment they have taken all my original certificates. But when I sent my resignation with one month notice period they replied as per your request, you will be relived after the completion of required formalities and work as per service rules. But, yet they are not mentioning what are the work to complete. After one month notice period immediately I have to join my new job. otherwise i will miss my opportunity. orally simply they are extending my date. At present they have extended 15 days after my last day of my notice period. kindly guide me how to solve the problem, get back my originals and join my new job smoothly. Regards

Ans: Please consult a lawyer

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Mar 20, 2024

Hi sir I could not serve my 3 months notice period however I had served 2 months and asked HR to give me early reliving. I mentioned that my parents are not well and attached medical prescription but they denied and said you to serve complete 3 months. After 2 months I stopped going to office they were sending me absconding mails meanwhile and after 1month they sent me termination letter what shall I do In such case ? I was working there for 2 years.
Ans: I’m sorry to hear about your situation. When facing termination due to not serving the full notice period, it’s important to understand your rights and the potential legal implications. Here’s what you can consider doing:

Review Your Employment Contract: Check the terms regarding the notice period and termination. There might be provisions for situations like medical emergencies.
Legal Consultation: It may be beneficial to consult with a labor law attorney who can provide advice based on the specifics of your case and the applicable laws.
Documentation: Gather all relevant documentation, including the medical prescriptions you submitted, any communication from HR, and the termination letter.
Negotiation: You could attempt to negotiate with your employer, explaining the situation with your parents and seeking a compassionate resolution.
Labor Office: If negotiation fails, you may approach the local labor office or labor court for guidance and to explore options for redressal.
Understand Legal Precedents: Familiarize yourself with any legal precedents that may apply to your case. For instance, the Supreme Court has provided judgments on employment notice periods that might offer insights into your rights and obligations.
Remember, each situation is unique, and the best course of action depends on the specifics of your employment contract and the company’s policies. It’s crucial to handle the matter professionally and legally to ensure the best possible outcome. Good luck!

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Mar 21, 2024

Hi Sir/Madam, I was working in an company where only 7 people are there .And, I absconded from the company 2 week back, because there they were discriminating the employees by religion who all are not their own religion. Every morning they'll use to do thier religious related things and also they were asked me to do gradually . But, I refused, because I never ever used to do those things and not comfortable as well. Since the day, that Manager was indirectly targeting, pressurizing me & some people and separating us. Not able to work properly and got depressed But, in our Offer letter it has been mentioned that there are 3 Years of probation period and without completing Notice period employees experience letter and releaving letter won't be provided. So, I absconded from that organisation without any releaving letter and experience letter, because I couldn't not able to pursue there. So, pls give right solutions to pursue my career, because I have 2 Years of experience. I don't want to waste my work experience.
Ans: I’m sorry to hear about your difficult situation. But I can suggest some general steps you might consider:

Document Everything: Keep a record of all communications and incidents that led to your decision to leave the company. This could be useful if you need to prove your case later.
Legal Advice: It might be beneficial to consult with a legal expert or a labor attorney who can provide advice based on your specific situation and local labor laws.
Human Rights Commission: If you believe you were discriminated against based on your religion, you might want to contact your local human rights commission or similar organization.
Job Search: Start looking for a new job that aligns with your career goals and provides a respectful work environment. Your previous experience will definitely be valuable.
Explain Your Situation: When applying for new jobs, be honest about your situation. Employers understand that not all work environments are healthy, and explaining your situation might help them understand your decision.
Remember, it’s important to seek professional advice in situations like these. I hope things get resolved for you soon.

hi sir : my son doing job since two year monthly earning is 60 K. but his saving is nil. pl. advice where to invest
Ans: It's great that your son has started earning, and it's essential to guide him on saving and investing for the future. Here's a step-by-step investment plan tailored for him:

Emergency Fund: Start by building an emergency fund equivalent to 3-6 months of expenses. This fund should be easily accessible, like a savings account or a liquid fund.
Debt Repayment: If he has any high-interest debts like credit card bills or personal loans, it's wise to clear those first to avoid paying hefty interest.
Investment Options:
Equity Mutual Funds: For long-term wealth creation, he can start SIPs in diversified equity funds. A mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap funds can provide growth.
PPF (Public Provident Fund): A tax-efficient and safe option for long-term savings with a lock-in period of 15 years.
NPS (National Pension System): A retirement-focused investment with tax benefits, offering a mix of equity, corporate bonds, and government securities.
Term Insurance: Since he's working, consider getting a term insurance plan to ensure financial security for his dependents.
Health Insurance: A comprehensive health insurance plan to cover medical emergencies can provide financial security and tax benefits.
Budgeting and Savings: Encourage him to create a monthly budget to track expenses and identify areas to save. Automating investments through SIPs can also help in disciplined saving.
Financial Education: Educate him about the importance of financial planning, saving, and investing. Encourage him to read books or attend workshops on personal finance.
Starting early with disciplined saving and investing can help him build a substantial corpus over time. Encourage him to consult a financial advisor for personalized guidance tailored to his financial goals and risk tolerance.

Hi Anil, I am 43 years old. I have a monthly sip of 35k going on. I have started investing in mutual fund and sip from year 2013. Total mutual fund plus sip current market value is 1 core 9 lakhs . I plan to invest 35 k per month more for 7 to 8 years , when i want to leave job and do something else. Can you tell me what will be my corpus in 7 to 8 years down the line taking both current valution plus what i am going to continue investing?Also, i have another 1 corore total in other investment like Voluntary provident fund, Epf, ppf and esops from my company and pension fund . Here i do a monthly investment of around 80 k via mostly through company for tax savings. So what will be my total corpus after 7 to 8 yrs. Also, is it good for retirement considering my current monthly expense us 1 lakh.
Ans: To estimate your corpus after 7 to 8 years, let's assume an average annual return on your mutual fund SIPs at 10-12% and a similar return on your other investments.

For Mutual Funds:

Future Value of Current Investments: Using the future value formula, considering an average return of 10-12%, your current 1.09 crore can grow to approximately 2.2 - 2.5 crores in 7-8 years.
Future Value of Additional SIPs: Investing 35k per month for 7-8 years, at an average return of 10-12%, you could accumulate around 50 - 60 lakhs from SIPs alone.
For Other Investments:

Future Value of Current Investments: Assuming an average annual return of 10-12%, your current 1 crore can grow to approximately 2 - 2.4 crores.
Future Value of Additional Investments: With 80k monthly investments for 7-8 years, at an average return of 10-12%, you could accumulate around 1.5 - 1.8 crores.
Total Corpus After 7-8 Years: Combining both, your total corpus could range from 5.2 - 6.2 crores.

Retirement Planning:
Considering your monthly expense is 1 lakh, with a corpus of 5.2 - 6.2 crores, you can generate approximately 40-50k per month (assuming a 7-8% withdrawal rate) post-retirement. This should be sufficient considering your current expenses, but inflation and unforeseen expenses should also be considered.

It's advisable to consult a financial advisor for a detailed plan tailored to your needs, considering inflation, tax implications, and other factors.

Hello, I want to invest 10 lac INR for a long term investment. I need suggestion on the following, i understand to invest in the form of SIP. But want to get a suggestion on where should I invest this 10-20 lac first and then invest as an SIP over 1-2 years or even 3 years as per your suggestion. As currently lying in Savings account which doesnt yield more. Secondly I would need a help on good portfolio of funds for long term (10 years or above) for my retirement/younger child's education.
Ans: For long-term investments of 10-20 lakhs, you can consider the following approach:

Initial Lump Sum Investment:

Liquid Funds: Park a portion in liquid funds to earn better returns than a savings account while maintaining liquidity.
Short-term Debt Funds: Allocate to short-term debt funds for stability and moderate returns.
Long-Term SIP Portfolio:

Diversified Equity Funds: Invest in a mix of large-cap, mid-cap, and multi-cap equity funds through SIPs for growth potential.
Balanced Funds: Opt for balanced funds or aggressive hybrid funds for a blend of equity and debt, suitable for long-term wealth creation.
Child Education: Start a separate SIP in a child education-focused fund to ensure funds are available when needed.
Sample Portfolio for Long Term:

Large Cap Equity Fund: 30%
Mid Cap Equity Fund: 20%
Multi Cap Equity Fund: 25%
Balanced/Aggressive Hybrid Fund: 15%
Child Education Fund: 10%
Adjust the allocation based on your risk tolerance and financial goals. Regularly review and rebalance the portfolio to maintain desired asset allocation. Consulting a financial advisor can help create a personalized investment plan tailored to your needs and goals.