IIT-JEE, NEET-UG, SAT, CLAT, CA, CS Exam Expert - Answered on Dec 14, 2023

Mayank Chandel has over 18 years of experience coaching and training students for various exams like IIT-JEE, NEET-UG, SAT, CLAT, CA and CS.
Besides coaching students for entrance exams, he also guides Class 10 and 12 students about career options in engineering, medicine and the vocational sciences.
His interest in coaching students led him to launch the firm, CareerStreets.

Hello Sir, my daughter would like to pursue medical profession (MBBS). She is US Citizen & OCI. we are currently living in India and would like to know what different options for her? since, in US, they have to do pre-med first before getting into MD, so she is interested in getting directly into degree course of medicine.

Ans: Hi,
If you can share whether she had done 10th & 12th from India it would be easier for me to suggest.
Asked on - Dec 14, 2023 | Answered on Dec 14, 2023
She is in 9th grade now, and plan to complete her 10th & 12th in India.
Ans: Sir,
she will have to appear for the NEET-UG entrance exam after the 12th standard. After clearing that she will get admission in MBBS course in India. Please note OCI/PIO will be treated as foreigners and be eligible for NRI seats only and will not be eligible for Indian National Seats including paid seats of deemed universities.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on May 04, 2024

Hi, my daughter is doing +2 (medical) in India. She want to become doctor. What are the options for her to become doctor in US? What she needs to study in US after her +2 (medical) in india?
Ans: Hello. Thank you for connecting with us. It is amazing to hear that she wants to pursue a medical program in the USA. However, let me tell you that before applying to any medical school, international students should make sure they have completed a four-year bachelor's degree with all of the prerequisite classes needed for the particular medical school being applied to. The prerequisites vary as per the school, but almost all schools require the students to have studied the following science courses: biology, general chemistry, and organic chemistry. Some schools may also require that you have taken other humanities, English, mathematics, and science classes as well, so make sure you look into medical schools while you are still an undergraduate so you can choose your classes appropriately. You will also need to have completed the MCAT test, which stands for Medical College Admissions Test. The test will determine your ability to think critically, problem-solve, and write clearly, as well as measure your knowledge of various scientific concepts. A good score on the MCAT is key to getting into a good medical school. International students must complete a pre- med program, which may take 1-2 years to complete at a US university, to start a degree in medicine in the country. The student will then be required to complete a 4.5-year degree after the pre- med to be awarded an MD degree under AUAMED.

For any further queries, please get in touch with us. We have a team of expert counselors who can guide you through any concerns or questions you may have