Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |163 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on Apr 03, 2024

Patrick Dsouza is the founder of Patrick100.
Along with his wife, Rochelle, he trains students for competitive management entrance exams such as the Common Admission Test, the Xavier Aptitude Test, Common Management Admission Test and the Common Entrance Test.
They also train students for group discussions and interviews.
Patrick has scored in the 100 percentile six times in CAT. He achieved the first rank in XAT twice, in CET thrice and once in the Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test.
Apart from coaching students for MBA exams, Patrick and Rochelle have trained aspirants from the IIMs, the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies and the S P Jain Institute of Management Studies and Research for campus placements.
Patrick has been a panellist on the group discussion and panel interview rounds for some of the top management colleges in Mumbai.

Hello Sir I have appeared for HSC Boards(Commerce) and now i have applied for CET examination which has become mandatory for management studies. But I want to know which one has better career prospects- BAF, BFM, BMS, BBA OR should I opt for professional courses like ACCA, CMA US, CPA? Please help.

Ans: It is recommended that you do a professional course like ACCA, CFA, CMA, US CPA along with your graduation in either BAF, BFM, BMS< BBA, etc. While choosing your graduation field keep the following in mind - college or course should allot you good marks. This helps if you want to do further studies in the future. Secondly the course should be of your interest. Eg. BAF is Accounting and Finance so do it only if you have some interest in Accounts. Thirdly the course / college should provide you enough time to study for your professional course.

Aashish

Aashish Sood  |100 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on Jul 29, 2023

My son is now in Class XII Commerce in a CBSE school. He has an ambition of doing MBA from a good Management School. He got 90% in class X of CBSE. Please advise, from career perspective, if he should pursue for B Com or BBA course after his completing the Class XII exam . Please advise the Entrance tests he should pursue to get admission into Institute of repute for the courses , i.e. B COM and BBA. Regards.
Ans: Choosing between B.Com and BBA depends on your son's interests and long-term career goals. Both courses can lead to a successful career in business and management, but they have different approaches and specializations.

B.Com is a more traditional and broader course that focuses on various aspects of commerce and finance. It covers subjects like accounting, economics, taxation, finance, marketing, and business law. It provides a strong foundation in accounting and finance, making it suitable for those interested in pursuing careers in fields like chartered accountancy, banking, finance, or tax consultancy.

BBA is a management-oriented course that focuses on the principles and practices of business management. It covers subjects like marketing, human resources, operations management, organizational behavior, and entrepreneurship.

If your son is specifically interested in management and wants to develop a deeper understanding of management principles right from the undergraduate level, BBA could be a better choice.

As for entrance tests for reputable institutes, here are some of the common entrance exams for BBA/MBA courses:
1. Common Entrance Test (CET): Many states in India conduct their own CET for admission to BBA/MBA programs in state universities and colleges.
2. All India Management Association Undergraduate Aptitude Test (AIMA UGAT): This exam is for admission to various undergraduate programs like BBA, BCA, Integrated MBA, etc.
3. Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET): Conducted by Symbiosis International University, SET is the entrance test for various undergraduate programs, including BBA.
4. Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET): Conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, this exam is for admission to various undergraduate courses, including BBA.
5. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT): For admission to Xavier University's BBA program.
6. CUET (Ofcourse)

Dating, Relationships Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024

I am a 26 years old girl completed my studies, trying to get a job, 2 years back I fell in love online with a man of 32 years old, we have not met yet physically. He is working on a very small salary in a village i.e. his hometown. He can't get a good government job or private job now due to lack of experience and age. We love each other a lot with all our flaws. My family is strictly against it due to caste difference, low salary, he lives 1600 km away, background differences. Overall they don't trust him and our love and are emotionally blackmailing me to get married with someone they choose. And the thought alone of leaving him makes me sad

I am sorry for the challenges you are facing. I understand how difficult it must be to leave a person you love. Having said that, I would also like to point out that living a decent life is not cheap. You are currently unemployed and your partner has a low salary; it will not be sustainable in the long run. I am not asking you to leave him and marry someone else; all I am suggesting is don't rush. Take the time to find a decent job and ask your partner to do the same. Once you think you both are earning a good amount of money, put forth the idea of your marriage again to your parents.

Now the most important thing, you have met him online and never met him in real life. Is it worth taking this kind of risk before verifying everything in person? I am sure he is genuine but there is no harm in cross-checking. And I can't really blame your parents for having their doubts. Please don't rush. One wrong decision can ruin the rest of your life. Take your time, think this through, and meet him in person, most likely in your city and in a public space. Do a thorough background check. It is easy to get fooled when you are in love.

Again, please don't rush. You have your whole life ahead of you.

Hi, I am 25+ years of old. Earning a handsome ammount of money arround 1lakh. I am a introvert, kind of kanjus you can say. I don't have any gf. I had one one one-sided relationship but because of low self confidence I didn't able to express my feelings. I don't feel myself as a ugly person but I am over waight, facing hair fall recently that's why I lose confidence approaching girls. I tried few dating apps but use. As I am a introvert I don't like to go to parties but definitely become comfortable after knowing the other person. Currently in Bangalore but being from a remote area I don't feel comfortable approaching a girl. What should I do.

I understand how you are feeling. First of all, you are not alone in this. Secondly, it's time you recognize how much you have achieved in life. Kudos to that.

Now, coming to your concern, being an introvert is not an issue, though it comes with its own set of challenges. I understand that you feel shy when it comes to talking to women. That's where dating apps come in. You have seen no results on them; I hear you. But give it another try, but this time, with a fool-proof strategy. First off, write an appealing bio. It's equivalent to writing a cover letter- you put forward your best attributes and convince people why they should date you. You can mention your achievements, you can be honest and disclose that you are an introvert, mention what you have to offer as a partner and don't forget to mention what you are looking for in your partner. This would give your potential matches a concise idea of you and also help attract the right people. Second, display image matters. While I am not encouraging you to put up an over-edited picture hiding your imperfections, do not put up the worst one either. Make sure it's recent, decent, and of you and you alone, and not in a group. Third, if you like somebody, don't be afraid to send a message. You are not committing to them, nor do you have to see them in person. Leave a message, interact, only if things go well, meet in person. There's no rush and no prior commitment. Fourth and the most important one, be patient. The right match can take a while but when you do find them, it will be worth the wait.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 22, 2024