Home > Career > Question
Need Expert Advice?Our Gurus Can Help

R P Yadav  |304 Answers  |Ask -

HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Dec 22, 2023

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.
... more
K Question by K on Nov 13, 2023Hindi

If any employee has duel PF no in one UAN no, old PF getting is deposits as he is back to old employer...as he has worked only one day with new employer.....how to go forward

Ans: If an employee has two PF accounts linked to one UAN, it is illegal and against the rules. The employee should have only one UAN, and all the EPF accounts must be linked with it. Therefore, the employee should get the previous UAN deactivated. The employee can merge the two PF accounts with UAN by visiting the EPFO official website. The employee should go to the services section and click on the “One Employee and One EPF Account” link. Then, the employee should fill in the various details like the UAN number, phone number, and other details. After submitting the form, an OTP will be sent to the registered phone number, which the employee should enter to verify the OTP. Next, the employee will be directed to a page wherein the employee will be asked to enter the old EPF details which the employee wants to merge with the current account. The employee should enter all the old EPF account details and then click the submit option. Before submitting, the employee should make sure to tick the declaration boxes. And thus, the employee has already raised a request to merge the EPF accounts. I hope this helps!

You may like to see similar questions and answers below


Ramalingam Kalirajan  |3819 Answers  |Ask -

Mutual Funds, Financial Planning Expert - Answered on May 26, 2024

Asked by Anonymous - Oct 31, 2023Hindi
I had PF account under UAN number A1 in organisation A. I switched to organisation B and they created UAN B1. I raised transfer request from A1 to B1. Organisation A1 sent me annexure K saying pf is transferred. I then sent this to pf office saying plz send my amount to organisation B1. They say amount is transferred. B1 says they never received the amount. I raised this to pf department and now I am revolving between the two since 3 years. Now my UAN A1 shows no amount but UAN B1 does not show amount credited. How do I tackle this and get my money back?
Ans: Resolving PF Transfer Issues: A Step-by-Step Guide
Dealing with PF transfer issues can be frustrating, but with patience and persistence, we can work towards resolving the situation. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you tackle this challenge effectively.

Assessing the Situation
Review Documentation

Verify all documents related to the PF transfer, including Annexure K and communication with both organizations and the PF office.
Check UAN Portal

Log in to the UAN portal to verify the status of both UAN A1 and UAN B1.
Contacting Concerned Parties
Organization A1

Reach out to organization A1 and request detailed information regarding the PF transfer status from their end.
Organization B1

Similarly, contact organization B1 and inquire about any updates or correspondence received regarding the PF transfer.
PF Office

Follow up with the PF office regarding the status of the transfer. Provide them with all relevant documents and communication details for their reference.
Escalating the Issue
Grievance Redressal Mechanism

If you encounter challenges in resolving the issue through regular channels, consider escalating the matter through the PF grievance redressal mechanism.
Online Grievance Portal

Lodge a formal complaint through the online grievance portal provided by the Employees' Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). Provide comprehensive details of the issue and attach relevant documents for reference.
Seeking Legal Assistance
Consulting Legal Experts

If the issue remains unresolved despite your efforts, consider seeking assistance from legal experts specializing in PF matters. They can provide valuable insights and guidance on further courses of action.
Legal Recourse

Explore the possibility of taking legal recourse to address the issue, especially if there are discrepancies or delays beyond reasonable timelines.
Maintaining Communication
Regular Follow-Ups

Maintain regular communication with all relevant parties involved in the PF transfer process. Follow up via email, phone calls, or in-person meetings to ensure continuous progress.
Documenting Communication

Keep detailed records of all communication exchanges, including dates, content, and outcomes. These records serve as crucial evidence in case of any disputes or escalations.
Ensuring Resolution

Stay persistent and determined in your efforts to resolve the issue. Persistence often pays off when dealing with complex administrative processes.

While navigating through the resolution process, practice patience and remain optimistic about achieving a favorable outcome. These situations may take time to resolve, but perseverance is key.
Resolving PF transfer issues requires a systematic approach, effective communication, and perseverance. By following the steps outlined above and seeking appropriate assistance when needed, you can navigate through the challenges and eventually secure the transfer of your PF amount successfully.

Best Regards,

K. Ramalingam, MBA, CFP,

Chief Financial Planner,


..Read more

Latest Questions
DISCLAIMER: The content of this post by the expert is the personal view of the rediffGURU. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related document carefully before investing. The securities quoted are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. Users are advised to pursue the information provided by the rediffGURU only as a source of information and as a point of reference and to rely on their own judgement when making a decision. RediffGURUS is an intermediary as per India's Information Technology Act.


You haven't logged in yet. To ask a question, Please Log in below

A verification OTP will be sent to this
Mobile Number / Email

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to

Resend OTP in120seconds

Dear User, You have not registered yet. Please register by filling the fields below to get expert answers from our Gurus
Sign up

By signing up, you agree to our
Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Already have an account?

Enter OTP
A 6 digit code has been sent to Mobile

Resend OTP in120seconds