Harsh

Harsh Bharwani  |55 Answers  |Ask -

Entrepreneurship Expert - Answered on Apr 17, 2023

Harsh Bharwani is a fourth generation entrepreneur.
As CEO and managing director, he leads the international business and employability initiatives at the computer networking institute, Jetking Infotrain Limited.
After graduating from Delhi University, Bharwani joined the family business in 2010 and set up operations in the US and Vietnam.
Avishek Question by Avishek on Apr 12, 2023Translate

I done my 1 year DIPLOMA IN DESKTOP PUBLISHING what should I do next I want to build career in Graphic Design.

Ans: If you have completed a 1-year Diploma in Desktop Publishing and want to build a career in Graphic Design, there are several steps you can take to achieve your goal.
First, consider pursuing additional training or education in Graphic Design. This can help you develop the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in this field. There are many institutions that offer courses and programs in Graphic Design, including those that specialize in computer-based design software.
In addition to formal education, it's also important to build a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your skills and creativity in Graphic Design. You can start by working on personal projects or volunteer your skills to help local organizations or businesses with their design needs. This can help you gain practical experience and showcase your abilities to potential employers.
Networking is also an important aspect of building a career in Graphic Design. Attend industry events and conferences, connect with other designers, and seek out mentorship opportunities to help you learn from experienced professionals in the field.
Finally, keep up with industry trends and advancements in design technology. This can help you stay competitive and ensure that your skills remain relevant in the ever-evolving field of Graphic Design.
Overall, pursuing additional education or training, building a strong portfolio, networking, and staying up-to-date on industry trends can all help you build a successful career in Graphic Design.

Mayank Kumar  |189 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on Jan 23, 2023

Hi Mayank I am a 32 yr old professional from Mumbai. I have a commerce degree and 8 years of work experience in sales and marketing. I want to move to digital marketing. Can you please guide me about the courses I can pursue and the scope of career. My current CTC is 10LPA
Ans: Looking at your years of experience and your CTC, I would say you are slightly underpaid at your current experience levels. After 8 years of experience, the average income of professionals in India is likely to be at a CTC of INR 12-15L. Sales & Marketing is one of the best domains that you are in and your experience is a bonus. From your current role, moving to Digital Marketing won't be a big challenge, and hence, I would recommend a few specific steps for you:
(a) Take up internal projects within your current organisation or at a smaller venture in Digital Marketing to build on your profile
(b) Pick up industry certifications with Google or Facebook to enhance your skill sets
(c) Actively work on your own social media profile and be more proactive in the domain of marketing
(d) If you want to build credibility in the market and amongst recruiters, it's critical to pursue an outcome-focused certification or a post-graduate program that will round you up & will also make your CV stronger (e) Within Digital Marketing, know what role you are looking for; is it Social media and Content Marketing, Performance Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Branding and Communications, or a PR professional, etc. and accordingly, aim for the profile that has the closest overlap with your current role. I would recommend doing a session with a career counsellor who can also guide you on your queries and can give you more personalised advice depending on your specific background. Additionally, upGrad gives you the option of completing an online course in Advanced Certificate in Digital Marketing and Communication with MICA Ahmedabad without having to quit your job along with 4 specialisation tracks (you could choose one based on your interests or skill competencies) to enhance your foundation.

Dear sir, I am currently 45 and just off from my dependents i.e., my 3 sisters out of which 2 were expecting my help to settle on their life - both my sisters off from their burden to an extent as their son started working and daughters were married to a decent families. I helped them by helping on their studies, marriage of my niece and assisted my nephew to buy a property (provided the advance or initial payment of 4 lacs). I haven't saved anything for my kids yet except a house , some jewellery about 50 sovereign and 1/2 ground land. My sisters and mother doesn't feel complete but I have informed it is not happening because I need to looks at my 2 kids 11 and 6. Besides, my wife is super supportive and never disputes or raised concerns. The ask is I have been working since childhood like 16 so feeling tired at times so I am planning to start my own businesses but still I am feeling jittery as I didn't save much for their studies etc. I am working in ites services so I feel like that I have 5 years max ahead. No politics in the office but I am stuck with no major opportunities. Please guide me on how to put a perspective and lead a clear way ahead as I am totally confused to be honest. Thanks in advance and please write back as this is my second time asking for suggestions.
Ans: It would really be good to answer you but I am confused as what to tell you because you have not mentioned any of your financial goals as such, I may not be of any help to you for your social obligations