Study Abroad Expert - Answered on May 11, 2024

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more

My daughter is completing her 5 years integrated M. Sc. in CELL AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY in June- July, 2024. There is no campus recruitment and till now there is no sign of any prospect of placement. Where can she apply for a suitable placement?

Ans: Hello. Thank you for connecting with us. It is good to hear that your daughter would be completing M.Sc in cell and molecular biology soon. Given your daughter’s background in cell and molecular biology, she can certainly get a placement in research institutions and laboratories, biotechnology companies, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, healthcare institutions, academic institutions, government agencies, Non-Profit Organisations, etc. However, let me tell you that we don’t provide job assistance at the moment. But, if your daughter wants to pursue higher education abroad, do let us know. Our expert team would would contact you soon.

For any further queries, please get in touch with us. We have a team of expert counsellors who can guide you through any concerns or questions you may have.

Workplace Expert - Answered on Mar 24, 2024

Shekhar

Shekhar Kumar  |145 Answers  |Ask -

Leadership, HR Expert - Answered on Apr 18, 2024

Dr Nagarajan J S K

Dr Nagarajan J S K   |47 Answers  |Ask -

Health Science and Pharmaceutical Careers Expert - Answered on Jul 20, 2024

Dr Nagarajan J S K

What is better to choose between vet or bpharm (I am a gen category student).According to my research I came to know that in today's market the bpharm graduates are not even considered as reputated pharmacists,after the degree too they get placements of 12k-15k per month only and growth even after a master's is not much. Whereas in vet gov vacancies are open but will everyone get the gov jobs ? Also in coming years what are the demands of these both fields and what is better to choose
Ans: Hi,
It seems there may be some misunderstanding and disappointment regarding the analysis of job opportunities in the pharmaceutical field. It's important to note that the pharmaceutical sector still holds promising prospects. However, it is essential for candidates to acquire in-depth knowledge. Completing a B.Pharm alone does not guarantee comprehensive expertise. It's essential to delve beyond the basic surface-level knowledge obtained during undergraduate studies. I'm unaware of your state of residence and the college where you pursued your B.Pharm.

Key locations with a strong pharmaceutical industry presence include Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad. Chennai also has a few reputable pharmaceutical companies, albeit in limited numbers. It's crucial to consider your career choice rather than just a job. What is your preference: IT, Marketing/Sales, or Core Pharma? In IT, the remuneration is considerably higher in comparison to core pharmaceutical roles, but sustainability may be a concern. On the other hand, Sales/Marketing requires hard work but offers significantly better remuneration, e.g., INR 6-8L per annum. If the pharmaceutical industry is your preference, starting packages for fresh B. Pharm graduates typically range between INR 15,000 to 25,000.

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. I wish you the best for your future endeavors.