HR, Workspace Expert - Answered on Nov 30, 2023

R P Yadav is the founder, chairman and managing director of Genius Consultants Limited, a 30-year-old human resources solutions company.
Over the years, he has been the recipient of numerous awards including the Lifetime Achievement Award from World HR Congress and HR Person Of The Year from Public Relations Council of India.
Almas Question by Almas on Sep 26, 2023Translate

My daughter has completed Post Graduation in Microbiology, what job opportunities can she have in IT field. If any then please suggest some courses name.

Ans: Dear Almas,
There is a good demand of Microbiologic people in BPO and IT companies. You may send forced application and can also apply through job portal.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on May 17, 2023

my daughter is doing MSc(last year) in Applied Microbiology from VIT,Vellore ,i am asking her to go for Higher Study but she is not interested,she wants to do job,please guide us
Ans: Hello Sisir,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. It makes sense that you want the best for your daughter and want her to continue her education in Applied Microbiology. Making this choice, though, also requires taking into account your daughter's interests and inclinations. It's unlikely that she will be driven to put in the effort and attention necessary to excel in the program if she is not interested in pursuing further education.

It's crucial to talk openly and honestly with your daughter about her ambitions and desires for her career. Find out what she likes to do and what kind of workplace she prefers. You might look into several career opportunities in Applied Microbiology and associated sectors if she's interested in finding employment. With an MSc in Applied Microbiology, one can find employment in varied fields, such as regulatory affairs, production, quality control, and research & development.

Attending professional fairs, conferences, and seminars will help your daughter start networking and establishing contacts in the field. To add to her résumé and acquire professional experience, she may also want to look into internships or part-time positions.

In the end, your daughter's hobbies, goals, and career aspirations should guide the decision about whether to seek further education or a job. While you may support and guide your daughter as a parent, it's also crucial to accept her choices and give her the freedom to do so.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jan 08, 2024

My daughter is in third year of B.Sc.. Biotech from kelkar college Mulund. I would like to know what could be her post graduation options within India and abroad. Also if you could guide on how can she can prepare now (other than good grades) to start good career after her studies?
Ans: Hello Mahendra,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am happy to know that your daughter is currently pursuing the 3rd year of her Bachelor’s of Science in Biotechnology and thereafter wishes to pursue her postgraduate studies. Concerning your question as to what could be her PG options within India and abroad, I would like to let you know that we only deal with overseas education. You would be glad to hear that there exist a plethora of choices for a graduate in B.Sc. Biotech wishing to pursue post-graduation overseas. Nations viz., the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States, Australia, or Canada, are regarded for their robust biotech industries, and your daughter could look into the postgraduate programs offered in the fields of Bioengineering, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, or other associated areas of study in these countries. I would also recommend that she conducts an all-round study on universities well-known for the programs they offer in her preferred field of study, as well as investigates their prerequisites for admission, viz., English competency tests like the IELTS or TOEFL, or standardized tests like the GRE. As an answer to your query on how she can prepare now (other than good grades) to embark on a good career post her studies, I would like to say that your daughter, alongside maintaining strong grades, can engage in internship opportunities or take up jobs of a research assistant to acquire pertinent research experience, actively participate in extracurricular activities associated with her field of interest, craft a compelling SOP that outlines her educational objectives and ambitions, as well as build meaningful connections with academics or industry experts to boost her profile. Her opportunities for a successful job after graduation can be enhanced by staying abreast with developments in the field of biotechnology through online classes, seminars, and conferences.

I will be retiring in October 2024 and expecting a retirement corpus of Rs 80 lakh. I would be spending 60 per cent of this amount on my son’s medical admission and studies. How should I invest the rest in different sectors to earn monthly income of nearly about 40,000?
Ans: Given your retirement corpus of Rs 80 lakh and your plan to allocate 60% of it towards your son's medical admission and studies, which amounts to Rs 48 lakh, you'll have Rs 32 lakh remaining for investment. To generate a monthly income of approximately Rs 40,000, you'll need to carefully plan your investment strategy. Here's a suggested approach:

1. Assess Your Risk Tolerance: Before investing, consider your risk tolerance, investment horizon, and financial goals. Since you're retiring soon and seeking a regular monthly income, it's advisable to focus on relatively stable and income-generating investment options.

2. Allocate Funds: With Rs 32 lakh available for investment, you can allocate the amount across different investment instruments to achieve diversification and manage risk.

3 Income-Generating Investments: To generate a monthly income of Rs 40,000, you'll need investments that offer regular payouts. Here are some options to consider:

a. Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS): This government-backed savings scheme offers quarterly interest payouts. You can invest up to Rs 15 lakh individually and earn regular income at a fixed interest rate, currently around 7.4% per annum.

b. Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS): Another government-backed scheme that provides monthly income. The maximum investment limit is Rs 4.5 lakh for an individual account and Rs 9 lakh for a joint account. The current interest rate is around 6.6% per annum.

c. Fixed Deposits (FDs): Consider investing a portion of your corpus in fixed deposits offered by banks or financial institutions. Opt for monthly interest payout FDs to generate regular income.

d. Debt Mutual Funds: Invest a portion in debt mutual funds that focus on generating steady income with relatively lower risk compared to equity funds. Choose funds with a track record of consistent returns and low expense ratios.

4. Systematic Withdrawal Plan (SWP): For investments in mutual funds or other growth-oriented instruments, consider setting up a systematic withdrawal plan. SWP allows you to withdraw a fixed amount regularly, which can serve as your monthly income.

5. Emergency Fund: Set aside a portion of your corpus as an emergency fund to cover unexpected expenses or contingencies. This fund should be easily accessible and parked in liquid or low-risk instruments like savings accounts or liquid funds.

6. Review and Adjust: Regularly review your investment portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with your financial goals and income requirements. Adjust your asset allocation and investment strategy as needed based on changing market conditions and personal circumstances.

It's crucial to consult with a financial advisor or planner who can provide personalised advice based on your specific situation and goals. They can help you create a comprehensive retirement plan and investment strategy tailored to your needs, risk tolerance, and income requirements. Additionally, consider tax implications on your investment income and consult with a tax advisor to optimise your tax efficiency.