Geeta

Geeta Ratra  |140 Answers  |Ask -

Visas, Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jan 03, 2024

Vikas Question by Vikas on Aug 19, 2023Hindi

Sir, My son completed his B.Tech (Petroleum Engineering) with CGPA of 8.9. He wants to pursue his MS. Which are the best institutes for Masters in Petroleum outside India?

Ans: Congratulations to your son on his outstanding CGPA! For pursuing a Master's in Petroleum Engineering, renowned institutions include the Colorado School of Mines (USA), Imperial College London (UK), and Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norway). Texas A&M University (USA) and Heriot-Watt University (UK) also excel in this field. Encourage him to explore specific program details, faculty, and industry connections to make an informed decision.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Nov 02, 2023

My son is in 3rd year and pursuing B. Tech in chemical engineering from VIT Vellore. He want to prepare for MS . Which country and university will be the best
Ans: Hello Sudesh,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am happy to hear that your son is currently pursuing the 3rd year of his Bachelor’s of Technology degree in Chemical Engineering from VIT Vellore and wishes to pursue his Master’s further. To answer your question first, I would like to inform you that to pursue his Master’s of Science (MS) in Chemical Engineering, your son can take into account countries like the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Australia, Canada, and even Germany. There are a number of prestigious universities in these countries. Among these are Imperial College London in the UK; Stanford University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) in the USA; the University of Melbourne in Australia; the University of Toronto in Canada; and TU Munich in Germany. Your son can consider applying to any of these universities. I would recommend that he conducts an extensive research on the programs he intends enrolling in, the prerequisites for admission to these programs, and the different scholarships and financial aid options available. Not just that, prior to making an educated choice, your son should also factor in the cost, the location, the blend of cultures, as well as the possible employment prospects.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 08, 2024

My son is pursuing Btech (3rd year) in Mechanical Engineering from VIT Vellore. He feels there is less opportunity for Mechanical Engineers and wants to do MS. He also not keen to sit in competitive exams like GATE. Please suggest good University in Europe or Australia within middle class budget. He maintains a CGPA of 8.5.
Ans: Hello Somnath,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am happy to hear that your son is currently pursuing the 3rd year of his Bachelor’s of Technology degree in Mechanical Engineering. Taking into account your son’s choices and circumstances, I would recommend that earning a Master's degree overseas may be an excellent alternative to consider.

Given that your son is at present pursuing his Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree in Mechanical Engineering from VIT Vellore, his concern regarding the limited possibilities for mechanical engineers, as well as his unwillingness to appear for competitive exams viz., GATE, studying a Master's program overseas could provide him with new opportunities for specialization and growth. With an outstanding 8.5 CGPA, he has a decent chance of getting admitted to prestigious universities in Australia or Europe.

A number of universities that are regarded for their programs in engineering and that offer various specializations within Mechanical Engineering are located in both, Australia and Europe. Furthermore, in these regions, there are specific universities that are known for their affordability, in turn, making them ideal for middle-class families.

Your son can apply to the University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney), a renowned university in Australia with a solid reputation in engineering. Encompassing a broad range of topics within mechanical engineering, the Master of Engineering Science (Mechanical) program offered at UNSW Sydney, gives students the opportunity to specialize based on personal interests. He can also choose to apply to the University of Melbourne, one of Australia's elite universities, generally known for the technology and engineering programs it offers. The Master of Engineering (Mechanical) program at the University of Melbourne provides possibilities for research and advanced study in a vast array of mechanical engineering topics. In Australia, employment possibilities are offered to overseas students post-study, in turn, improving their chances of acquiring real-world experience on completion of their degree.

On the other hand, your son can also consider universities in Europe viz., the Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany, renowned for the robust engineering programs it offers. One of Europe's leading technical universities, TUM's Master of Mechanical Engineering program offers a number of specializations, in turn enabling students to customize their coursework to fit their professional objectives and interests. Overseas students in Germany are offered low-cost or tuition-free education, thereby making it affordable. Delft University of Technology in Netherlands is well-known for the technology and engineering programs it offers. An extensive array of specializations, encompassing energy engineering, biomechanical engineering, and aerospace engineering, are offered in the Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering program at Delft University. Remember that a high standard of living is provided by the Netherlands and is comparatively cheaper in contrast to several other European nations.

I would recommend that your son conducts a comprehensive study on the programs offered by each university, prerequisites for admission, possibilities for scholarship, as well as costs of living prior to making an informed choice. Not just that, he should also take into account variables viz., visa policies, prerequisites for language competency, and prospective employment opportunities after graduation. Seeking help from educational advisors or getting in touch with alumni from these universities can also provide meaningful insights. To ensure that he is successful in his future undertakings, I would suggest that your son selects a university and program that best resonates with his educational and professional objectives.

Soft Skills Trainer - Answered on Jul 12, 2024

Hello sir my name is Santu Chakraborty.I am 34 year old now unmarried. My qualification is Bsc botany honours with 2nd class +diploma in mechanical engineering with distinction +btech in mechanical engineering from government engineering college west Bengal with 7.5 dgpa.I have 6 years of teaching experience in private diploma engineering college and now I working as a vocational teacher in automobile engineering department in gov high school.In my early phase of life I am going through lots of Misguide,seveare Anxiety issue. Nobody can help me on that phase.I recover mostly by my own after various dillema.I want to work in mechanical r and d company, Mechanical design basis company and also upgrade my teaching carrier. How can I start my journey at this age ?what is the risk factor also? Please tell me. I am very enthusiastic dedicated person. I have no guide in my home. My father is vegetable seller.
Ans: Hi Santu Chakraborty,

This is a really exhaustive query.

The journey thru' your acquisition of qualifications has been vast!

In the course of your life you are now suffering from SNIOP (SUSCEPTIBLE NEGATIVE INFLUENCE OTHER PEOPLE) this happens when you let others control your life.

I have this poem.. Especially for one's like you!

The Guy in the Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf,
And the world makes you King for a day,
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isn't your Father, or Mother, or Wife,
Who judgement upon you must pass.
The feller whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.
He's the feller to please, never mind all the rest,
For he's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.
You may be like Jack Horner and "chisel" a plum,
And think you're a wonderful guy,
But the man in the glass says you're only a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You can fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

Dale Wimbrow (c) 1934

Get the enthusiasm going, don't get embroiled in what life has been before!

Take a stranglehold of your life and make it BIG!

The opportunities are.. Miracles waiting to happen, what are you waiting for.. You are the catalyst!?
Maxim Emmanuel.

Pick up yourself don't be a victim of self pity.

If you do need further professional advice happy to assist
https://m.me/maxim.emmanuel.2024