Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Mar 16, 2024

Sushil Sukhwani is the founding director of the overseas education consultant firm, Edwise International. He has 31 years of experience in counselling students who have opted to study abroad in various countries, including the UK, USA, Canada and Australia. He is part of the board of directors at the American International Recruitment Council and an honorary committee member of the Australian Alumni Association. Sukhwani is an MBA graduate from Bond University, Australia. ... more
Jeevan Question by Jeevan on Jan 01, 2024Hindi

Hi sir. My brother has completed his medicine and cleared his gmat with 97 percentile. Considering the financing for his education the tution fees r being charged in crores. He wanna do his mba from abroad top university. Can u suggest some countries and university with financial flexibility.

Ans: Hello Jeevan. To begin with, thank you for contacting us. Congratulations to your brother on scoring 97 percentile in the GMAT exams. I am glad to hear that he wants to pursue an MBA from a top university overseas. Here are some countries and universities with financial flexibility:

1. United States:
Top Universities: Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, and MIT Sloan
Financial Aid: Scholarships, grants, federal loans, private loans

2. United Kingdom: Top Universities: London Business School, Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College
Financial Aid: Scholarships, Bursaries, and Government Loans

3. Canada:
Top Universities: Rotman, Richard Ivey, and Schulich
Financial Aid: Scholarships, Grants, and Bank Loans

4. Australia:
Top Universities: Melbourne Business School, AGSM, University of Sydney
Financial Aid: Scholarships, government loans, and private financing

5. Singapore: Top Universities: NUS, Nanyang, INSEAD (Singapore campus)

6. Germany: Top Universities: ESMT Berlin, Mannheim Business School, HHL Leipzig
Financial Aid: Scholarships and Student Loans

Encourage your brother to research each university's financial aid options and consider factors like cost of living, visa regulations, and post-graduation opportunities.

For further assistance, you can get in touch with us.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Apr 25, 2024

My son completed his B.Tech Mechanical but he is in Data science field. He wants to do MBA, Finance from USA. Can you please recommend a good college and it's admission procedure.
Ans: Hello Levin,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am happy to hear that your son has completed his Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering and is currently in the field of Data Science. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that changing from mechanical engineering to data science and then pursuing an MBA in Finance demonstrates a diversified skill set and drive. I would recommend that your son takes into account the following steps:

Firstly, he should investigate MBA programs in the USA with strong finance specializations and a track record of admitting students from a variety of academic backgrounds. Stanford Graduate School of Business, the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago, Harvard Business School, and The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania are a few well-known finance schools that your son can consider applying to. Next, remember that the admission prerequisites for each MBA program will be unique. These typically entail academic marksheets, GRE or GMAT test scores, essays or personal statements, endorsement letters, and at times an interview. While other programs may accept recent graduates, some may demand professional experience. Thirdly, although your son doesn’t have a formal background in finance, drawing on his experience in data science and mechanical engineering he can display problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and a strong foundation in quantitative methods, all of which are highly sought-after in the finance industry. Bear in mind that either GRE or GMAT scores are required by the majority of MBA programs. In order to attain a competitive score, I would suggest that your son begins studying for the exam well in advance. A number of resources viz., practice tests, study guides, and prep courses are accessible. As the next step, your son should create an appealing application. Remember, to prove your son's interest in finance and possible success in an MBA program, the endorsement letters and application essays are important. Your son should talk about his professional objectives, how an MBA best resonates with his plans, and what unique viewpoint he brings to the table. I would like to let you know that unique courses or dual-degree possibilities that integrate finance with other subjects viz., analytics or technology are offered by certain MBA programs. For individuals with experience in both data science and engineering, these programs may be well-suited. As the next step, your son should look into possibilities for scholarship and monetary assistance opportunities that MBA programs offer. In addition, he should also investigate external scholarships specifically designed for students pursuing finance-related degrees. Remember that during the MBA application process, building connections can be beneficial, and therefore, I would suggest that your son gets in touch with students who are currently enrolling in, or past graduates of the programs he’s interested in, in order to learn about their experiences and possibly even find a mentor.

Bear in mind that the MBA application process might be competitive, and thus, your son should step forward with utmost effort and determination and highlight his particular abilities and experiences. I wish him all the best as he embarks on his journey to pursue an MBA in Finance in the USA.

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jun 26, 2024

Sir my son is CSE graduate and having one year exp.need to study MS in foreign countries,can you pl suggest which country is best and economical,
Ans: Hello Annamalai,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that Germany is a great option for a Computer Science Engineering (CSE) graduate looking for an affordable yet top-notch MS program overseas. Outstanding education in computer science and engineering with cheap or no tuition fees is offered by universities in Germany, particularly public universities. Moreover, Germany boasts a strong technology sector and a dynamic labor market which can offer excellent job opportunities following graduation.

Canada, renowned for its first-rate education and comparatively economical tuition in comparison to the United States, is another feasible choice. Universities in Canada offer robust computer science programs and the nation’s friendly immigration laws may make it simpler for graduates to remain and find employment post the completion of their education. I would like to let you know that excellent value for money as well as opportunities for professional growth in the technology sector are offered by both the nations.

You can also get in touch with us and our team of expert counselors will provide information on MS programs in several other countries like the USA, the UK, Australia, among many others.

For more information, you can visit our website: www.edwiseinternational.com

You can also follow us on our Instagram page: edwiseint

Study Abroad Expert - Answered on Jul 02, 2024

My son is in 9th class. I am planning for engineering from foreign University after 12th. Pls guide me the best country with financial considerations
Ans: Hello Rashmi,

First and foremost, thank you for getting in touch with us. I am happy to know that your son is currently studying in the 9th grade and further wishes to pursue engineering overseas post completing his 12th grade. To answer your question first, I would like to tell you that a number of variables, including the quality of education, living expenses, tuition costs, and possibility of scholarships, are entailed when planning for an engineering degree overseas for your son. To assisting you in deciding on the best country with monetary considerations, I would suggest that you go through the following:

Considering Germany, overseas students are charged minimal or no tuition fees by the majority of public universities. The cost of living in the country is moderate, ranging from €850-1,200 per month. The country offers outstanding education with a number of top-ranked engineering schools. Scholarships are available via DAAD and other organizations.

Coming to Australia, the tuition fees in the country are relatively high, ranging from AUD 25,000-45,000 annually. The cost of living is also high between AUD 1,500-2,500 monthly. With universities viz., the University of Sydney and the University of Melbourne, Australia offers an outstanding quality of education. Students can avail scholarships that are available via government and university programs.

Next, talking about Canada, the tuition fees in the country are higher than Germany, but relatively economical in comparison to the USA and the UK, between CAD 20,000-40,000 annually. Although it differs depending on the city, the cost of living ranges from approximately CAD 1,000-1,500 every month. Housing leading universities viz., the University of Toronto and the University of British Columbia, top-notch instruction is offered in the country. There are numerous scholarships offered to overseas students via different programs.

In Ireland, the tuition fees are moderate to high, ranging from €9,000-25,000 annually. The living expenses are high, ranging from €1,000-1,800 monthly. With universities viz., Trinity College Dublin, an excellent quality of education is offered. Overseas students can avail numerous scholarships.

Coming to Netherlands, the tuition fees are moderate, ranging from €6,000-15,000 annually for non-EU students. The living cost is similar to Germany, around €800-1,200 monthly. Housing prestigious universities viz., Delft University of Technology, the quality of education offered in the country is high. There are numerous scholarships available for overseas students.

Next, in Sweden, the cost of tuition is moderate, ranging from SEK 80,000-140,000 annually. The living expenses is high, between SEK 8,000-13,000 per month. Home to institutions viz., KTH Royal Institute of Technology, the quality of education offered is high. Scholarships are available via the Swedish Institute and other sources.

I would suggest that your son begins preparing beforehand, concentrating on academic achievement, extracurricular activities, and standardized tests viz., the SAT, ACT, TOEFL, or IELTS. He should investigate scholarships and other forms of monetary assistance in the countries he is considering. Make sure that your son fulfills the language prerequisites for the chosen country and university. Not just that, get acquainted with the application procedure and deadlines for each country.

Bear in mind that the Netherlands and Germany are frequently suggested for their economical tuition, superior education, and low cost of living. Despite its slightly higher expenditures, Canada is also a fantastic choice for those who prefer an English-speaking environment.