Baqar Iftikhar

Baqar Iftikhar Naqvi  |112 Answers  |Ask -

Start-up Mentor - Answered on Sep 25, 2023

Baqar Iftikhar Naqvi is the founder and CEO of Upriver Ecommerce, an online sales accelerator firm and can guide entrepreneurs on how to make their firms grow.He holds a BTech in textile technology from the Central Textile Institute and has a master's degree in marketing and merchandising from the National Institute of Fashion Technology.He has 23 years of experience in the consumer products and retail industry.... more
Tarun Question by Tarun on Sep 23, 2023Hindi

Hi , I am 52 years old and living in Delhi. I have 32 years of experience in Furniture manufacturing, Interiors and related products. I want to start my own business but always afraid of loosing money. Please guide me how can I start my own business. Best Regards Tarun Saxena

Ans: Start with being a contractor to a larger brand/ business. It is safer and less riskier. Once you get the confidence, then you can venture fully on your own. Secondly, interiors is a "customisation" kind of work, where you get orders and then you manufacture. This is much safer as you are not manufacturing and then waiting for sales. You can associate yourself with reputed interior designers and work for/with them to manufacture products. For more insights on entrepreneurship follow me on https://www.linkedin.com/in/baqar-iftikhar-naqvi-34b27a4/

Baqar Iftikhar

Start-up Mentor - Answered on Sep 13, 2023

Presently Im a class 12 commerce student and i want to join BCA for my degree next year but i dont know what are the careers after BCA.
Ans: Adella, first of all, shortlist top 5-10 colleges to get admission for your BCA.

Know the Eligibility Criteria / Admission Process / Entrance Exams (such as CUET & other Private Colleges' its own Entrance Exams) you will have to appear in.

There are multiple career options after BCA, but depends upon which specialization you will choose, which specilizations are available in the college you will join & which all skills you will upgrade. Some of the examples of specializations available for BCA are:

1) Software Development
2) Cyber Security
3) Data Analytics
4) Web Development
5) Mobile Application Development
6) Networking & System Administration
7) Cloud Computing
8) Digital Marketing
9) Multimedia & Animation
10) AI & ML
11) Full Stack Development & More.

After you get admission into BCA in any college:

1) Try to maintain a good academic performance.
2) Involve in co/extra-curricular activities.
3) Keep upgrading your skills, as recommended by your college faculties.
4) Start researching about the Recruiters/Companies visited your college for Campus Recruitment.
5) Have a Professional LinkedIn Profile.
6) Put Job Alerts related to your domain in LinkedIn.
7) Get notifications of job vacancies and go through the JD (Job Description) of each.
8) Know the Job Market Trends & keep analyzing how it changes till your 3rd year.
9) Connect with Professionals of your domain, get their advice/views/opinions for your Career Growth
10) At the end of your 3rd year, start applying for jobs through LinkedIn, matching your Profile and also prepare for your Campus Interview.

All the BEST for Your Bright Future.

To know more on ‘ Careers | Education | Jobs’, ask / Follow Us here in RediffGURUS.