Ashwini

Ashwini Dasgupta  |71 Answers  |Ask -

Personality Development Expert, Career Coach - Answered on Dec 12, 2023

Ashwini Dasgupta is a personality development coach and a neuro-linguistic programming trainer.
She has 15 years of experience training corporate professionals and has worked at Amazon, JP Morgan, Nomura and Satyam among others.
As a career coach, Ashwini specialises in helping growth-minded IT corporate managers develop their self-worth and create the right mindset so that they can achieve their career goals.
Besides corporate training, she offers personal consultations as well.
Ashwini holds a master’s degree in human resources from the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, and is a certified NLP trainer from the National Federation of NeuroLinguistic Programming, USA.
She has completed her soft skills training and image consultancy course from the Image Consulting Business Institute, Mumbai
Venkat Question by Venkat on Nov 14, 2023Hindi

I am 44 year old IT engineer. I want to learn new courses which will be helpful for me going forward for my future....please suggest

Ans: Dear Venkat,

Thank you for writing in.

It's nice that you are looking at building your skills. IT, as an industry is quite vast. I may not be in the position to give you a direct answer as to which course you should do but few q's you may ask yourself which will you help come to conclusion-
1- Which latest technology that is having competitive advantage
2- Do I want to change the domain/ language or continue in the same. If you want to continue then you can look at relatable courses.
3- What are the opportunities I may have if I add these (x) skills to my profile. How will it help me stand out in the competition
4- Should I work on my soft skills for example- (People skills, managerial skills, communication skills etc.) as these will be needed at every level of your career
5- Speak to senior professionals in your industry and take their views points

Before enrolling into any course assess your current skills, interests and the specific need of the industry you are in. Choose a course which will align with your career, aspiration and interest that you want to take professionally.

Hope this helps. All the best.

To your success. Be You. Be Confident
Ashwini Dasgupta
Author of Confidence Decoded. Is it a skill or attitude.

Mayank Kumar  |192 Answers  |Ask -

Education Expert - Answered on Jul 04, 2023

Hi, My name is manik acharya, B.sc graduate (10+2+2) system. My age is 48+. I have basic computer knowledge. What course can give me a suitable and stable career?. I have around 12 years experience in Business development and customer relationship in large medicine shop. I need your help.
Ans: Hi Manik, considering your background and experience, several courses can provide you with suitable/stable career options:

Certificate in Retail Management: Given your experience in business development and customer relationship in a medicine shop, a certificate program in retail management can enhance your skills and knowledge in the field. It will equip you with the necessary competencies to manage operations, inventory, sales, customer service, and team management in a retail environment.

Advanced certification in Digital Marketing: As technology continues to play a significant role in business growth, a detailed understanding of digital marketing can open up opportunities for you. It could take you through various aspects of online marketing, including search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, content marketing, and analytics, and can also be valuable for positions such as digital marketing executive, social media manager, or SEO specialist.

Certification in Business Analytics: With your basic computer knowledge, a certification course in business analytics can be a suitable choice. This program will teach you how to use data analysis techniques to derive insights and make informed business decisions. Business analytics professionals are in high demand across industries and can work as business analysts, data analysts, or market research analysts.

Certification in Project Management: If you have strong organizational and leadership skills, a certification in project management can be a valuable addition to your profile. This course will equip you with the knowledge and tools required to successfully plan, execute, and manage projects. Project management skills are in demand across various sectors and can lead to roles such as project coordinator, team leader, or project manager. The profession of project management has recently become one of the hottest jobs, not only in the tech market but across industries. Demand for project managers is growing faster than demand for workers in other occupations and by 2027, 90 million individuals will need to be skilled in project-oriented roles.
The PMP certification can help you land lucrative roles in IT, manufacturing, finance, healthcare, and other exciting industries.

Certification in Healthcare Management: Given your experience in the medicine shop industry, a certification in healthcare management can provide you with a career path in healthcare administration. It will cover topics such as healthcare policies, hospital operations, healthcare marketing, and healthcare quality management. It can lead to roles like healthcare administrator, clinic manager, or operations manager in the healthcare sector.

Remember, while pursuing any course, it's essential to consider your interests, long-term goals, and market demand for specific skills. Conduct thorough research on the courses mentioned above, and evaluate their curriculum, duration, and potential career prospects. It is very important to align your domain interest with the course you'd want to pursue to ensure maximum accuracy of career outcome. Additionally, should you wish to gain further insights/ guidance tailored to your specific needs, feel free to connect with any career counsellors at upGrad.