Patrick

Patrick Dsouza  |373 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, XAT, CMAT, CET Expert - Answered on May 15, 2024

Patrick Dsouza is the founder of Patrick100.
Along with his wife, Rochelle, he trains students for competitive management entrance exams such as the Common Admission Test, the Xavier Aptitude Test, Common Management Admission Test and the Common Entrance Test.
They also train students for group discussions and interviews.
Patrick has scored in the 100 percentile six times in CAT. He achieved the first rank in XAT twice, in CET thrice and once in the Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test.
Apart from coaching students for MBA exams, Patrick and Rochelle have trained aspirants from the IIMs, the Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies and the S P Jain Institute of Management Studies and Research for campus placements.
Patrick has been a panellist on the group discussion and panel interview rounds for some of the top management colleges in Mumbai.

I am 42 years old female and working as Manager in a PSB bank since last 12 years. I am PG in Biochemistry and MBA in HR. Having small kids and do not want to be in this job anymore due to lots of pressure and unlimited timings. Kindly advise other options of job?

Ans: Most jobs at Manager level would involve pressure. You could look at option of shifting to a role of a Manager in a smaller / alternate firm where the pressure is relatively less. Talk to people in your industry to identify the roles with lower pressure so that you can then work on getting those roles.

Aashish

Aashish Sood  |114 Answers  |Ask -

CAT, Management Expert - Answered on May 30, 2024

Hii .I'm a PSU bank manager. I have experience of 12 years. I m frustrated by the torture in banking these days. I m d only bread winner in family. I m slowly degrading my mental as well as physical health.Please advise me for some career switch option
Ans: I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're facing in your current role. It's crucial to prioritize your mental and physical well-being, and considering a career switch can be a step toward a healthier and more fulfilling professional life.

Reflect on your skills, interests, and what aspects of your current job you enjoy or excel at. Consider taking a career assessment test to identify potential career paths aligned with your strengths and interests.

Use your banking experience to become a financial advisor or wealth manager. This role allows you to work closely with clients to manage their finances, investments, and retirement planning. You can transition to a corporate finance role within a company, focusing on financial planning, analysis, and management. You may decide to leverage your banking experience to move into risk management or compliance roles, focusing on ensuring organizations adhere to regulations and manage risks effectively.

If you enjoy mentoring and educating others, consider teaching finance, banking, or business management at educational institutions.

If you have a business idea or passion project, consider starting your own business. This allows for more control over your work environment and schedule.

You can use your extensive experience to become a consultant in banking, finance, or business operations. Consultants often have more flexible work arrangements and can work on diverse projects.

Switching careers can be daunting but also rewarding if it leads to a healthier and more satisfying professional life. However, with your experience, it should be a fairly simple thing for you to do.

Prioritize your health, do thorough research, and make a strategic plan to achieve a successful career transition.

Hi I am a 35-year-old woman and my husband is 45. we are made for each other couple. we love each other and we do not have any compatibility issues except in romance. he is not very romantic and even throughout my younger years I was also not very romantic and immersed myself in studies and career. He is not very active in sex also. A few years back I told him that I wanted to be romantic after marriage and now we are not, so I missed my college and early office days when I was in my prime and could have been romantically involved with guys. Since I look very young even at 35, he suggested that I still can move around with guys and get romantic and I need not miss anything even now. though initially declining the offer, I moved a little freely toward men, mostly colleagues, and a few social club members. I encouraged late-night messages, coffee meets, movies, etc. I update my husband on every single event that happens. ex, if I went to a movie with a colleague, I will message my hubby " We kissed", if that happened. he encourages me so much and is happy with whatever is happening, cutting a long story short. though I didn't think it would go so far, I am now romantically very active. soft romance-like messages I do with many. Dating I don't say no to my known circle like colleagues, ex-colleagues, college mates, etc and almost 2-3 times a week I end up dating someone in a coffee shop, pub, or a long drive. A few times I initiate a date too. and I must confess that I have regular intimacy with four young men, all from the same office where I work. I have never hidden anything from my hubby and give a complete account every day. I offered to stop everything any moment he said. but he told me till age is there enjoy life!. I am emotionally connected to my husband only and I do all my responsibilities as a woman. Our relationship has grown manifold. My only question is, am I exploiting my husband's innocence or does he have a cuckold fantasy? If I continue the way I continue with no harm to anyone, can I keep doing it ( I love to). or I should stop at once?

After reading your question I understood that your partner and you have, what we call, an open relationship. As long as both partners are okay with the dynamics of it, and no one is emotionally hurt, or resisting, it should be okay. It isn't exploitation if your husband himself encourages you. You are both consenting adults and not harming each other or anyone else. As for your question, if he has a cuckold fantasy, that is something you should discuss with your husband. An open discussion is better than speculation. Also, at any time if you suspect that your husband is growing concerned about the nature of your relationship, ask him directly. It can help avoid misunderstandings.

Hello sir mai 28 year ki hoo mai abhi llb kar rahi hoo mai last 7 year se relationship mai hoo vo mujse 25 year bade hai saruaat 1 to 2 year inhone muje bhot priorities di ab hum 3 to 4 month mai kabhi milte hai hum dono alag alag city mai hai unki bhot badi family hai or finincially bhi problem chal rahi hai last 3 yaer se vo.muje priority nai de rahe hum.roj bat karte hai vo mera khyal bhi rakhte hai lekin muje unse ab dur nai hona mene sadi na karne ka decisions Liya hai lekin kitni bar bhot akela feel karti hoo vo muje itna time nai dete phele jaisa nai hai aisa lagta hai.fir vo ku6 help kar de ya pyar se bat bhi kar le.to.lagta hai sab theek hai mai.bhot confused hoo mai.kya karu muje kya karna chahiye ..

Dating someone older than you is not the problem, but the fact that you are making major life decisions based on what he wants and doesn't want is concerning. I am guessing that you decided to not get married because he doesn't want it either. Is that fair to you? You yourself mentioned that you often feel lonely. Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you deserve someone who would love you and would like to spend the rest of their life with you? Please reconsider this relationship. Speak to your partner and ask him what his plans are for the future. Does he want to settle down with you? How will you two continue this relationship in the future? There are many important questions that need answering. Sort them out and you will have the solution to your dilemma.